• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I should just quit my job.
I've got enough in savings to coast for a few months. Plus it's not like pizza delivery restaurants ever stop hiring.

I suspect Florida is close behind New York and California in terms of infections, we just don't have numbers because there's no testing whatsoever.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm so glad we closed our border with the US, because with Trump's influence this thing is gonna get way out of control down there.

We've got our own idiots that listen to Trump up here, but our government officials are far more sane. Even Doug "I'm a big Republican" Ford is acting in an appropriate manner.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
So, I've got pressure on the sides of my chest but I don't have shortness of breath or a fever. Should I be worried? I was doing push-ups the other day and I thought it might be residual pain from that since I'm out of shape but now I'm not sure. How anxious should I be?

Jan 10, 2018
This raises a point that most people are failing to grasp. How long can the country sustain without people working. Ideally everyone staying at home is great but when does that stop working. A month, two months. Some systems starts failing then others due and the result is worse than the virus due to the infastructure not being able to sustain basic items.

You are failing to grasp that lockdowns help and Trump is not raising the point 'what about the stock market in 6 months'. He wants you to die now for the stock market, not in 1 or 2 months. You are just doing what way too many are doing, reading thoughtfulness and care into the ramblings of a narcisstic sociopath who only cares about his wallet and ego. And like many, you fail to grasp that.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell does this even mean. You don't get 'offered' a ventilator in a setting where you could potentially be sent home. It's not an elective treatment patients can choose when they desire it.

You get access to a ventilator (if available) if your situation worsens to the point where you need it or else you die. This story would only make sense if the guy was sent home to die in an absolute palliative setting. But that isn't how it works because if the guy is respiratory insufficient to the point of needing a ventilator and you can't have one, you die in the hospital. You don't get sent home to then choke and die.

So this story needs clarification.
One of my friends in healthcare said the same thing. She said there's no way they would just send him home. Would really like more details on this because I just believed it at face value.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Im gonna have to step away from the news for awhile. The psychopathy and incompetence at play is triggering my anxiety.

Nov 14, 2017
This raises a point that most people are failing to grasp. How long can the country sustain without people working. Ideally everyone staying at home is great but when does that stop working. A month, two months. Some systems starts failing then others due and the result is worse than the virus due to the infastructure not being able to sustain basic items.
The reality is that the government could take control of the economy to protect key industries, make sure there is enough food, and that the lights stay on. The problem is that they are ideologically opposed to doing that. In their mind, the government stepping in like that is simply not an option - they would rather large numbers of people die, as evidenced by that Texas governer.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Interview with Kirkland nurses now on CNN..

Per the nurses Redeyes was the one thing they saw prevalent in their cases there.

Oct 27, 2017
You are failing to grasp that lockdowns help and Trump is not raising the point 'what about the stock market in 6 months'. He wants you to die now for the stock market, not in 1 or 2 months. You are just doing what way too many are doing, reading thoughtfulness and care into the ramblings of a narcisstic sociopath who only cares about his wallet and ego. And like many, you fail to grasp that.

Well good luck to you and your endeavors.

Jan 31, 2018
Putting aside that the republican plan isn't at all feasible, are these guys aware that there plan essentially means killing off the biggest part of their base?

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So how much do those people on instant cart actually made? I have a $20 tips along with $4 in delivery and $15 in service fee. I hope that's enough?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
"Plz be ready to die for your progeny and economy" was not something that I thought I'd hear :/

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Putting aside that the republican plan isn't at all feasible, are these guys aware that there plan essentially means killing off the biggest part of their base?

That's a risk they're willing to take. They'd rather gamble your parents'/grandparents' lives and possibly get reelected rather than do what's best for the country and ensure that they'd lose.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
We're so fucked if this thing mutates into something that kills everything and anything, old and young. It already kinda does kill a lot people.

Why do bats carry so many fucked up viruses?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm @ing the few Hoosiers I know here
nicoga3000 FallenHeroX1 ArkkAngel007

I have often dumped on Gov. HolcomBump-on-a-log. I don't need him to be at the forefront in setting the standard for how State Governments react to this (ala Gov. DeWine or Gov. Newsom), but I do need him to be exactly what he is now: making the right calls for our State with COVID-19 and not resting on his laurels.

I watched his State Address in full an hour ago and I think he did an excellent job. My eyes almost rolled out of my head when he began point 3, but I listened. I am non-spiritual and by the end of his point I was won over. Not for myself, but for those that are spiritual. And there's quite a lot in Indiana!

I think what he said today, all of it, was poignant and spot-on. And he gets mondo points for recognizing and praising the Healthcare workers and, yes, the "Faith Leaders." He did what was best for us, he communicated it well, and he showed the State that he knows the gravity of the situation.

...And the State website is down. I'd like to think it's due to an increase in traffic for all the right reasons.

I was fairly irritated from his silence for a couple of weeks after all his posturing early on about our state being the best prepared, and then finding myself unable to get tested initially when it hit me. I think he's still playing a reactive game to his neighboring governors, but at least he's reacting quickly in following suit and the overall messaging is on point.

State seems to be in a good spot moving forward.