• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Before this outbreak, it was my understanding that some wore it not only for illnesses, but for skin blemishes (unsightly pimples and rashes) until they healed up.

Hey, that makes perfect sense ! Thanks for pointing it out... that explains a lot of things i've been seeing in the past.
You just solved a puzzle i had in my mind.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Spain numbers:
-7026 new cases (total 124736, 5.9% increase, yesterday was 6.7%)
-809 deaths (total 11744, 7.4% increase, yesterday was 9.3%)
-116 new ICU hospitalizations (overall total* 6532, 1.8% increase, yesterday was 5.3%)
-3706 new recoveries (total 34219, 12.1% increase)

*Some autonomies, Madrid being the big one, update the current number of ICU hospitalizations instead of the total, so there can be some disparity.

I think we're past the peek now and now onto the plateau. Now it's time for it to start slowing down. That number of ICU is very good.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting serious cabin fever. Anyone else?

Every day is the same:
1. Wake up
2. Coffee
3. Exercise bike while watching Amazon/Hulu/Netflix
4. Restroom, shower
5. Check email. Logon to work, even on weekends to remain on standby (healthcare IT)
6. After work study for next cert out on balcony
~7. Work in meals when I feel like eating; my appetite has plummeted
~8. Clean, even when things are already cleaned because I am going mad
9. Sleep

Roll20.net find a DND or Call of Cthulhu game and have some fun. Usually the video or audio is over Discord.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Spain numbers:
-116 new ICU hospitalizations (overall total* 6532, 1.8% increase, yesterday was 5.3%)

*Some autonomies, Madrid being the big one, update the current number of ICU hospitalizations instead of the total, so there can be some disparity.

I think we're past the peek now and now onto the plateau. Now it's time for it to start slowing down. That number of ICU is very good.
Good Friday numbers. Saturday and Sunday numbers always tend to be a bit smaller in new cases (the ones reported on Sunday and Monday) due to delay in reports, so going below 8k new cases is great.

The better news is more hospitals starting to have less minor cases come in which even if it means ICUs are still overboard, there is more medical staff per person.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Spain numbers:

That's a decrease on all numbers, correct? Even if just a small one.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Spain numbers:

Good numbers, even if the improvement is small. With the second confinement extension we should be able to get back into a more manageable situation.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Would be very nice if it worked. I think we have ample supplies of it, we use it in veterinary practice almost daily (toxic to turtles and collie dogs)
I would always advise extreme caution with extrapolating results seen in a dish with cells to what we'd expect to see in patients. It's a basic filter of knowing whether we should even bother pursuing a certain therapy. Speaking from the experience of having witnessed a lot of disappointment (though in regards to cancer therapies), of course. But you never know. And it's good a lot of different avenues are being explored.

Hrothgar

Nov 6, 2017
Daily Netherlands update:

Cases: 16.627 (+904), down from 1026 yesterday
Hospitalizations: 6622 (+336), down from 502 yesterday
Deaths: 1651 (+164), up from 148 yesterday

Actuele informatie over COVID-19 | RIVM

Actuele cijfers COVID-19 en nieuws over het nieuwe coronavirus

Daily Netherlands update:

Cases: 15723 (+1026), down from 1083 yesterday
Hospitalizations: 6286 (+502), down from 625 yesterday
Deaths: 1487 (+148), down from 166 yesterday

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

“Coronavirus update: - 1.12 million cases worldwide - 60,154 fatalities - 35,939 in serious/critical condition - 238,732 recovered - Nearly all countries reporting cases - Currently most affected: USA, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Iran”

100000 fatal soon it seem.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Portugal:

10525 confirmed cases.
+638 since yesterday. 6.5% growth.
266 deaths.
+20 since yesterday.
75 recoveries.
+7 since yesterday.

1075 people hospitalised.
251 in the ICU.
+6 since yesterday.

Some nice consistent drops during this week, but we did also a surge day with over 1K cases. So maybe we're reaching our own plateau but that doesn't mean we can relax.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think the number of cases accurately reflect the situation in different countries. The no. of tests varies dramatically for example.

Deaths per population is more comparable.

COVID-19 deaths per one million population

San Marino 943
Spain 251
Italy 243
Belgium 111
France 100
Netherlands 96
Switzerland 72
UK 53
Luxembourg 50
Iran 41
Sweden 35
Denmark 28
Portugal 26
Monaco 25
Ireland 24
USA 22
Austria 21
Germany 15
Iceland 12
Slovenia 11
Norway 11
Canada 6
Israel 5
South Korea 3
China 2
Japan 0.5

www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Really pissed off at the French government right now, they could increase testing ten fold by using pet laboratories and veterinarians
but they don't because of "regulatory" reasons whatever that mean. The French administration ladies and gentlemen. And we're supposed to be "at war" against the virus.

Last edited:

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I don't think the number of cases accurately reflect the situation in different countries. The no. of tests varies dramatically for example.

San Marino 943
Spain 251
Italy 243
Belgium 111
France 100
Netherlands 96
Switzerland 72
UK 53
Luxembourg 50
Iran 41
Sweden 35
Denmark 28
Portugal 26
Monaco 25
Ireland 24
USA 22
Austria 21
Germany 15
Iceland 12
Slovenia 11
Norway 11
Canada 6
Israel 5
South Korea 3
China 2
Japan 0.5

www.worldometers.info

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...
I think it would be better if they divide that number by the number of days since the start of the national epidemic

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
So apparently aggressive anti-5G groups have popped up during the CV crisis and are going around attacking radio towers and engineers in the UK.

I shouldn't need to say it but.. No, radio waves do not cause Covid, mind control or giant death rays that wipe out "mY ChilDrEn".

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
I've read you are supposed to be changing the masks every 20 minutes? Is that true? You would need like 30 masks for each day if you had a regular 10 hour day with exposure to other people? If they mandate everyone to wear masks how are they going to supply people with like 200 masks/week?

Even if 200/week sounds extreme, surely you should be using 20+ different masks a week, unless the information about needing to change them is incorrect.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
So my wife came home crying on Thursday.

She is a nighttime manager of a specialty ICU. So they are trained and use all of the special equipment. They still have regular emergency patients, but they aren't full like usual cause of no elective surgery.

So that means she has to float people to other jobs. She had two spots to float to per her work's orders and one was a clean floor and one covid. They want her crew since they already know how to work the equipment.

They keep a running log of who's floated when so it's basically whoever hasn't floated the longest goes and so forth. So she sends that person to the bad floor and the next up got the good floor.

It's like an impossible choice though. She's like how can I willing send someone to deal with this when she knows hospitals across the US aren't equipped for this. She asks her boss who just tells her hurry up and send someone. The person who got sent to take care of covid patients said 'fuck you mother fuck you.'

It's just a disaster and where I live it's just getting started.

The mental toll this thing takes on medical workers is going to be impossible to quantify. With something like 9/11 when the hospitals are overwhelmed the period that environment exists is relatively short, and constrained to one area. With this thing it is going to go on for months, and because the entire US will be affected help likely won't be nearly as available. The possibility of burn out is also quite high. There just aren't going to be any solutions. So any manager is going to be left with the least bad choices.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

San Marino 943
Spain 251
Italy 243
Belgium 111
France 100
Netherlands 96
Switzerland 72
UK 53
Luxembourg 50
Iran 41
Sweden 35
Denmark 28
Portugal 26
Monaco 25
Ireland 24
USA 22
Austria 21
Germany 15
Iceland 12
Slovenia 11
Norway 11
Canada 6
Israel 5
South Korea 3
China 2
Japan 0.5

www.worldometers.info

You need to add some localized geographic variables. Like if that analysis was done in New York City it would look quite different. New York City has more than double the population of the whole of Ireland and many times more for places like San Marino obviously.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bizarre complaint given that NASA's budget is less than 3% of DoD's budget. As a human race we waste so much funds in useless ways and you complain about one thing that could actually develop our understanding as a species, smh

I'm talking about billionaires wasting money on vanity projects to see who has the biggest dick, I mean, rocket.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently aggressive anti-5G groups have popped up during the CV crisis and are going around attacking radio towers and engineers in the UK.

I shouldn't need to say it but.. No, radio waves do not cause Covid, mind control or giant death rays that wipe out "mY ChilDrEn".

twitter.com

Charlie Haynes on Twitter

“This is the consequence of those bonkers Facebook conspiracy theories about 5G. Key workers getting harassed on the street. https://t.co/5z35r6sabp”

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I saw this in the morning and I can't wait for comeuppance for all these motherfuckers.

Personally, I love for each and every these motherfuckers to be "volunteered" at the hospitals to aid the medical workers and should they survive that, jail them for 15-20 years for negligent mass murder.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I saw this in the morning and I can't wait for comeuppance for all these motherfuckers.

Personally, I love for each and every these motherfuckers to be "volunteered" at the hospitals to aid the medical workers and should they survive that, jail them for 15-20 years for negligent mass murder.

This is pretty hilarious but also pretty sad when you remember that their audiences don't give two shits about them being complete hypocrites.

Oct 28, 2017

Let's signalboost the FUCK out of this video. There is no ducking this.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017

I wouldn't shed a tear if every single one of them got the virus and died from it.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The mental toll this thing takes on medical workers is going to be impossible to quantify. With something like 9/11 when the hospitals are overwhelmed the period that environment exists is relatively short, and constrained to one area. With this thing it is going to go on for months, and because the entire US will be affected help likely won't be nearly as available. The possibility of burn out is also quite high. There just aren't going to be any solutions. So any manager is going to be left with the least bad choices.

Yah, the mental toll is wild. For many it's such a slow moving collision. Beginning with medical professionals actually LOSING hours because electives were cancelled. Then being called back into COVID cases, but with improper PPE. All the while you know how bad it's going to get, but you just have to watch it slowly unfold.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
coronavirus.jhu.edu

COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

why is France over 83k?
France is a big country.

Probably also because of fucks like these though. Even though the quarantine is very strict, France has a big history of "reinterpreting" government regulations.
ftw.usatoday.com

Champions League: Stunning photos from the fan rally outside PSG's closed stadium

Thousands of PSG fans gathered outside a stadium they weren’t allowed to enter for Wednesday’s Champions League game.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
France is a big country.

Probably also because of fucks like these though. Even though the quarantine is very strict, France has a big history of "reinterpreting" government regulations.
ftw.usatoday.com

Champions League: Stunning photos from the fan rally outside PSG's closed stadium

Thousands of PSG fans gathered outside a stadium they weren’t allowed to enter for Wednesday’s Champions League game.
I think that poster meant more : "Why did it have a surge of 23k yesterday." rather than more... "cultural" reasons >.>

I think it has to do with the elderly situation correct? In which they didn't report a bunch of data for a long time until now.