• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Well well well, it seems that stupid ass baby shower my sister had actually had infected people. In New York. After people were told to no attend public gatherings.

Three people I live with went to this party. If anything spread, it's now in the house.

Wonderful.
How do you know it had infected people? Anyways shit is scary man. I would be pissed as hell because I rent with others (fam) and I've been careful about this whole thing.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
the 34 y/o was asthmatic and had a long history of childhood bronchitis issues and testicular cancer apparently

It's just terrible that young people who were already fighting for their lives are not being spared by a fucking novel virus. Diabetes is no longer a death sentence, nor is living with asthma. This shit is just obliterating people who had already found a second (or third) chance at life.

Last edited:

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A 34 year old just died who was at Disneyworld at the weekend, could be a huge spike of cases from that

insidethemagic.net

34-year-old Passes Away From Covid-19 After Recent Visit To Disney World & Universal Studios - Inside the Magic

34-year-old Jeffrey Ghazarian passed after visiting the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Studios Orlando in Florida from Covid-19.

He was also at a work conference. It could have been any number of places, we just don't know because of little testing.

Dude beat testicular cancer in 2016, that's so sad. I went through the same thing... for him to beat cancer and go through the struggle and then to pass away so quickly from this is sad as hell.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
How do you know it had infected people? Anyways shit is scary man. I would be pissed as hell because I rent with others (fam) and I've been careful about this whole thing.

My sister got a text from her bestie that her bestie, sister, and I believe one other person who attended her baby shower have someone who was confirmed positive where those three worked. So they may have been exposed before attending the gathering. The party was on Saturday, and if the person was confirmed sick in the past few days, exposure and spread amongst them seems to be high.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cases in IL jumped up by 136 to 422 total, deaths from 1 to 4 total, since yesterday.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | IDPH

Data Last Updated ##/##/#### at 12:00pm. Vax Verify - Illinois Resident Immunization Portal Phase 5 Vaccines Administered # Click Here for Vaccination Details Total Cases # Positivity 7-Day Rolling Average Case Positivity # Test Positivity # Confirmed Deaths # Variant Cases # Click Here for...

Yep, we're getting a stay in place tomorrow. Rumors are going crazy here in Illinois about it. Press conference in 2 hours.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Why not just wish that people took it more seriously?

They are the ones who are making this pandemic so difficult to stop. Lots of us have already self quarantined even without showing any symptoms, but those (mostly) kids minding their own business are silent spreaders. No wonder they were saying it would be pretty much impossible for any country to implement the same extreme measures as China.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, we're getting a stay in place tomorrow. Rumors are going crazy here in Illinois about it. Press conference in 2 hours.

I'm listening to "a" press conference right now from JB, and that hasn't been mentioned. Could you link a source, if you have one? (not calling you out, just want to get all the news I can as I'm currently still going in to work in Central IL).

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A 34 year old just died who was at Disneyworld at the weekend, could be a huge spike of cases from that

insidethemagic.net

34-year-old Passes Away From Covid-19 After Recent Visit To Disney World & Universal Studios - Inside the Magic

34-year-old Jeffrey Ghazarian passed after visiting the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Studios Orlando in Florida from Covid-19.

Edit - seems he had pre existing conditions
Those crowds at Disney World's last day. This is gonna be bad. And FL in particular has been dragging their feet.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm listening to "a" press conference right now from JB, and that hasn't been mentioned. Could you link a source, if you have one? (not calling you out, just want to get all the news I can as I'm currently still going in to work in Central IL).

Lori made an announcement for people to stay home if they're feeling sick and they will have a press conference at 5pm. It's on WGNtv's website. Everyone in the Chicago area is expecting a stay in place, we already have one in Oak Park.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
It's 5 days old but I just came across this.

The situation in Iran is exacerbated significantly by the sanctions where they've been unable to import much needed ventilators and other equipment, not even through humanitarian networks, which are supposed to be exempt, except everyone is afraid to use them.

Fuck Trump and his cheerleaders.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Using an ableist meme
First death and now 19 26 tested infected in my countryside district. Lock that goddamn shop up Merkel! Feels like people are getting more insane with conspiracy theories (compulsory vaccination! abolishment of cash! an attack on our SMBs! reeeeeee) instead of staying the fuck home and heeding the advice.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Lori made an announcement for people to stay home if they're feeling sick and they will have a press conference at 5pm. It's on WGNtv's website. Everyone in the Chicago area is expecting a stay in place, we already have one in Oak Park.
I was reading over the Oak Park shelter-in-place rules (including exceptions), and I could be wrong, but those rules mirror what is actually happening in Chicago currently.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
They are the ones who are making this pandemic so difficult to stop. Lots of us have already self quarantined even without showing any symptoms, but those (mostly) kids minding their own business are silent spreaders. No wonder they were saying it would be pretty much impossible for any country to implement the same extreme measures as China.

They really need to force some rules, since it's impossible to do a lock down like China, they could force every teenager/kid to wear a mask if they go outside, masks are definitely useful to not spread the virus.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Even during the period in Jan-feb when we "thought it just hurt old people" I was weary of being around a lot of people. People spreading it around are just selfish, and F the ones that don't think it matters what they do.

Oct 25, 2017
If Florida really is the state hit worst because of spring breakers plus Disney plus primaries, it'll probably be my last straw with this disaster of a state. I'm back home from univeristy and my mother can work from home because she's immunocompromised, but there's still someone entering and leaving this house everyday.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

insidethemagic.net

God fucking dammit this was probably the case of Corona in my town. If nothing else it seemed like his case was serious enough to put him in care by the time he got here but still sad to hear the one case we had ended up in death.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Cases in IL jumped up by 136 to 422 total, deaths from 1 to 4 total, since yesterday.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | IDPH

Data Last Updated ##/##/#### at 12:00pm. Vax Verify - Illinois Resident Immunization Portal Phase 5 Vaccines Administered # Click Here for Vaccination Details Total Cases # Positivity 7-Day Rolling Average Case Positivity # Test Positivity # Confirmed Deaths # Variant Cases # Click Here for...

FUCK :(

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get tested in NYC but it's impossible, can't receive any tests unless you in critical condition. My job had someone who tested positive for the virus who I've had contact with and they kept it a secret now many others are getting sick. So I've been exposed to the virus and have some of the symptoms but can't receive a test because I don't have a fever. They are making us still work in a infested building and make contact with the public while some may be positive. This job and place is Shit! The job is lieing to us stating no flue = No Corona. So I have to continue taking public transportation and potentially spreading the virus.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

insidethemagic.net

Fuck I also had a lot of childhood bronchitis and was asthmatic back in the day. Not anymore but my allergies can still hurt my lungs sometimes.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get tested in NYC but it's impossible, can't receive any tests unless you in critical condition. My job had someone who tested positive for the virus who I've had contact with and kept it a secret now many others are getting sick. So I've been exposed to the virus and have some of the symptoms but can't receive a test because I don't have a fever. They are making us still work in a infested building and make contact with the public while some may be positive. This job and place is Shit! The job is lieing to us stating no flue = No Corona. So I have to continue taking public transportation and potentially spreading the virus.

uhhhhh

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to get tested in NYC but it's impossible, can't receive any tests unless you in critical condition. My job had someone who tested positive for the virus who I've had contact with and kept it a secret now many others are getting sick. So I've been exposed to the virus and have some of the symptoms but can't receive a test because I don't have a fever. They are making us still work in a infested building and make contact with the public while some may be positive. This job and place is Shit! The job is lieing to us stating no flue = No Corona. So I have to continue taking public transportation and potentially spreading the virus.

This is fucked up, why the hell this guy wasn't in quarantine?

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I'm trying to get tested in NYC but it's impossible, can't receive any tests unless you in critical condition. My job had someone who tested positive for the virus who I've had contact with and they kept it a secret now many others are getting sick. So I've been exposed to the virus and have some of the symptoms but can't receive a test because I don't have a fever. They are making us still work in a infested building and make contact with the public while some may be positive. This job and place is Shit! The job is lieing to us stating no flue = No Corona. So I have to continue taking public transportation and potentially spreading the virus.

I'm sure that your story has been duplicated over and over in this country. The way things have been handled here is beyond shameful.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

What the fuck man? Stop going to work. Call the government and tell them they are forcing you anyway. Don't keep infecting people.