• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lafazar

Oct 25, 2017
Bern, Switzerland
They're fast tracking stuff, so? You expect them not to considering how shit is going down? It'll still go through rigorous testing before being offered to the public.
It's extremely dangerous to fast-track vaccines. There are documented cases where insufficiently tested vaccines made later infections worse for people who received them (especially with influenza viruses).

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I just read that NYC is building makeshift morgues and using refrigerated trucks to store bodies. Is this true? It's so surreal.

Nov 1, 2017
I think what we're gonna run into with the exponential growth in the US is that the curve is gonna artificially flatten because we won't have the testing capacity needed to confirm the increase in cases. We'll reach a point where we're just reporting roughly the same number of new cases every day not because we've slowed the spread of the virus, but because we've hit our testing ceiling.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
It's extremely dangerous to fast-track vaccines. There are documented cases where insufficiently tested vaccines made later infections worse.

I understand the implications, but there's a difference between speeding the up the process a bit and a total lack of safety regard and conspiracy theory bullshit.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What? Do u think I agree with him? I don't but he will do. Next week the first state will suspend the lockdown.

The way you worded that can't be interpreted any other way but you thinking there's a chance he's correct.
If this is just a case of not having full mastery of English then that's fine.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
projects.sfchronicle.com

Coronavirus Map: Tracking COVID-19 cases across the Bay Area and California

Track the spread of COVID-19 cases in the Bay Area and California and get live updates with The San Francisco Chronicle's exclusive map, the only comprehensive coronavirus case tracker for the region.

Testing continues to ramp up. California will probably be at 4k confirmed cases by tomorrow.

Washington added 400+ cases today and is over 3k now.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, we just got a $14 bill yesterday from the hospital threatening to send us to collections, lol. Yes over $14 I didn't even know we owed
I missed a $20 medical bill when I moved and messed up mail forwarding. Anyway, fast forward a couple of years and my mother who does not live in the US got sketchy ass debt collectors knocking on her door and threatening her that I owe $3000 and will be in deep trouble if it isn't paid.
I have money so I was able to get a lawyer and fight it. Getting the actual debt tossed was fairly easy actually, but boy, fixing the hit they put on my credit score was expensive and difficult.
The whole system is messed up.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I just read that NYC is building makeshift morgues and using refrigerated trucks to store bodies. Is this true? It's so surreal.
yes, unfortunately.
the times has done good reporting in the past week on how crazy it is for city hospitals right now dealing with this.

www.nytimes.com

13 Deaths in a Day: An ‘Apocalyptic’ Coronavirus Surge at an N.Y.C. Hospital (Published 2020)

Hospitals in the city are facing the kind of harrowing increases in cases that overwhelmed health care systems in China and Italy.

www.nytimes.com

‘We’re in Disaster Mode’: Courage Inside a Brooklyn Hospital Confronting Coronavirus (Published 2020)

Test kits and protective gear have been in short supply, doctors are falling sick, and every day gets more difficult. But the staff keeps showing up.

www.nytimes.com

A N.Y. Nurse Dies. Angry Co-Workers Blame a Lack of Protective Gear. (Published 2020)

“I’m okay. Don’t tell Mom and Dad. They’ll worry,” he wrote to his sister. He may be the first nurse in New York City to die from the coronavirus.

it's a must-read/must-watch for everyone to get a clue of the reality on the ground/front-lines of this epidemic. every single one of these ppl are the true heroes of this ordeal and it pains me to see them work with insufficient help/protection.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Damn i think there will be so much unused vacation days this year. No one is going on vacation and if they do take the days they will be at home anyways.

Thebox

Dec 26, 2019
I missed a $20 medical bill when I moved and messed up mail forwarding. Anyway, fast forward a couple of years and my mother who does not live in the US got sketchy ass debt collectors knocking on her door and threatening her that I owe $3000 and will be in deep trouble if it isn't paid.
I have money so I was able to get a lawyer and fight it. Getting the actual debt tossed was fairly easy actually, but boy, fixing the hit they put on my credit score was expensive and difficult.
The whole system is messed up.

Yeah, the system is fucked. I had a $1800 bill with the hospital I work for that was a result of acute diverticulitis that sent me to the ER. That's $1800 after employee discount and insurance with a $750 deductible and insurance pays 80% after that. They wanted at least $130 a month until it was paid. Told them I'm not doing that and had to talk to several people to get it down to $83 a month. Shit is dumb

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
As a total lockdown starts in a handful of districts in the Capital, Chilean Government determines that Employers are not obligated to pay their workers because employees cannot be forced to work.

Yes. In a pandemic, in a lockdown, workers will not receive their payments if their employers do not want to pay. This is Chile.

Diggler

Oct 28, 2017
My throat is sore. So that means over the last two weeks I have developed literally every symptom listed so far except fever.

Same! Pretty much all I hope it was a mild case of it as I've been isolated for weeks and would be nice to get it over with, but I guess there's no way to know

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have since then taken 60 italians to be treated in german ICUs, delivered 2.5 million masks and protective gear to italy (for free unlike china), gave italy 300 ventilators and supplied italy with 2 million gloves.

But i guess you won't be happy anyway

After Germany and Netherlands blocking Eurobonds? Nope.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fiscal responsibility? Gtfo with that bullcrap post. Do you have any idea what we've been through? If you're seeing depleted health services in the south of europe leading to the death of many people, there's one person who has massively influenced such restrictions: angela merkel.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
But it gets on the skin and hair, right?

Transfers from object to object to object are technically possible, but considered extremely likely. Like, someone would need to sneeze on the ground, your dog would need to step on it, carry it around for several minutes without rubbing it off, then rub it off on your carpet, then you would need to touch that patch of carpet, then you would need to rub your mouth or eyes... It's such an unlikely chain of events that virtually all experts classify such activities as safe. Although just to be safe, I wouldn't let strangers pet your dog anymore.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
My hands are starting to crack and bleed from washing them so often. Any suggestions? Is lotion the only thing that I can do?

My hands are the same.

I work in phone sales, which means troubleshooting people's phones, and I've washedxmy hands after everytime I've touched someone's phone.

I'm using lotion as much as I can.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My throat is sore too and my city "only" have 100 cases and we are based 700k people and i went out only 2 times at the grocery for 10min, that would be bad luck...

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

Omegagigalul

The funny thing is that the eurobond / coronabond would be useless if the ECB would do his "normal" job. They can create money and buy infinite bonds all over Europe.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Omegagigalul

The funny thing is that the eurobond / coronabond would be useless if the ECB would do his "normal" job. They can create money and buy infinite bonds all over Europe.

UE is barely more than an ideal that and after all this it will be decided if it's half constructed or half destroyed. I think after how some countries behaved with the south all these years of forced austerity down our throats and now this, I feel is half destroyed.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
UE is barely more than an ideal that and after all this it will be decided if it's half constructed or half destroyed. I think after how some countries behaved with the south all these years of forced austerity down our throats and now this, I feel is half destroyed.
I agree. It's known that a not optimum currency area won't survive for long. EU lacks political union which is normal when you have such different countries France , Germany, Italy , Greece etc that have extremely different economies, needs and peculiar traits. Even this time , after the massive disaster of 2008 / 2011 , they are struggling to find a cohesive way to react to this situation.

I'll probably be forced to move out of Italy if they'll go ahead with their nonsensical ideas.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if this is the right thread, but the covidactnow.org folks are looking for experienced full-time volunteers in the areas of product/program management, ux design, data science, full stack software engineers, and support systems (handling inbound comms).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfXyWOGzo55t8Sb2cnN_zK6ALn-loXVy1emue8YSYbk1kWwcQ/viewform
Is the model already operational? Checked several States, and the curves looks almost identical.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Omegagigalul

Costa went in. He's usually pretty calm but you could tell he was pissed, that dutch guy sounds like a piece of shit, though in a world with Trump and Bolsonaro nothing is surprising anymore. Scum everywhere.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I saw mpls doing street sanitizing today. Could just be street sweeping but usually they would put signs up. Saw 2 third party trucks go down my alley today and I've never seen 2 trucks, no signs, and in my alley. I dunno.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Costa went in. He's usually pretty calm but you could tell he was pissed, that dutch guy sounds like a piece of shit, though in a world with Trump and Bolsonaro nothing is surprising anymore. Scum everywhere.
It's insane that Italy and Spain said nothing. Italy which is a founder of the EU but in reality it doesn't surprise me considering the frauds that are in the government right now.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Omegagigalul

I don't think Costa is a great politician (a bit too "yes-man" for most issues) but for once he does have a point. You can't come out saying countries like Spain should be investigated (due to poor financial management) in a time of dire social need. Their (and Italy's) Health Care System is literally collapsing as we speak. They need help, end of discussion.

The time for questions in regards to poor financial management isn't now, people are dying. To do that right now just comes off as petty and evil