• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
New York has maintained 3 days around 100 deaths without a dramatic jump, and signs that social distancing is working.

My biggest concern is really how the media keeps playing up NY as the "Epicenter" while seemingly not grasping how widespread the virus is. Only 35% of new cases today were out of NY and that percentage is dropping while the rest of America steadily is gaining. States like Georgia are already reporting ICUs being stressed even before the numbers start spiking.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, that's the total for NYC.

NYS is up to almost 40K cases, but only ~20 deaths outside NYC.
21 Deaths in CT, the one death in my town was a well-known public figure and I had met him before. And it's been only two weeks of schools closed stay-at-home here. It's still the early days and the hospital here is already low on masks. We have a long road ahead.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree. It's known that a not optimum currency area won't survive for long. EU lacks political union which is normal when you have such different countries France , Germany, Italy , Greece etc that have extremely different economies, needs and peculiar traits. Even this time , after the massive disaster of 2008 / 2011 , they are struggling to find a cohesive way to react to this situation.

I'll probably be forced to move out of Italy if they'll go ahead with their nonsensical ideas.
When times are calm and some EU leader proposes closer political and other ties among the members that idea always gets rejected with "we want each country to be separate and unique" blabla. But when crisis comes along everyone wants more unity in EU. I mean... what do you expect from EU. It's not a single country. It's economic and trade union and that's it. Each country still has borders and their own healthcare systems. EU is already organizing EU-wide buying of medical supplies and what not. I don't even know what else are you realistically expecting EU to do in this case. All of EU and most of the world is suffering at the same time. Everyone needs supplies. Everyone is in panic. It's a shitty situation.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
When times are calm and some EU leader proposes closer political and other ties among the members that idea always gets rejected with "we want each country to be separate and unique" blabla. But when crisis comes along everyone wants more unity in EU. I mean... what do you expect from EU. It's not a single country. It's economic and trade union and that's it. Each country still has borders and their own healthcare systems. EU is already organizing EU-wide buying of medical supplies and what not. I don't even know what else are you realistically expecting EU to do in this case. All of EU and most of the world is suffering at the same time. Everyone needs supplies. Everyone is in panic. It's a shitty situation.
I'm only asking for "infinite" spending until the situation is fixed but apparently is impossible because we need fiscal consolidation. Italy has been forced to apply austerity policies since 2011 which is one of the reasons behind the shitshow in the hospitals right now.

Moreover in this very moment everything is closed in Italy and firms have not been able to produce any cash flow since 2 weeks. How they are gonna pay the employees? The government will pay 1 month of temporary lay-off for the next month but what about the current one? Instead of sustain the economy in every possible way with a direct influx of cash these fraud are wasting weeks and weeks duscussing about useless crap like the ESM. Unbelievable.

ET-NL1aXgAAZs3f

Bonus : graph about health public spending per capita from 2000 to today

Last edited:

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
The number of US cases is now higher than China and half of the population is too stupid to even be upset at the massive mismanagement of the crisis by Trump and even approve of his handling wtf.

Jack Bauer

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
I have something.

Some coughing and shortness of breath but no fever last night.

Today a fever out of nowhere and chills, aches, pains, loss of appetite. But no coughing.

Fella I work with was tested today and they're waiting on that to come back. If he has it, they're going to assume I have it.

If he doesn't have it, they're not ruling out that I have it.

America!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
SO just an encountered one of those "it's caused by 5G" people today. ....is-is it really that hard to understand that diseases exist and kill people?

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil will start to suspend lockdown next week. If Bolsonaro is right he will teach the world lockdown is a waste. Let's see what happens.

The only thing that clown will accomplish next week is another set of foolish speeches (today he said that Brazilians can swim in the sewers and and get no decease so...). No state government will hear it. But I fear after Easter it could be a different scenario (either the epidemic gets worse or the lockdown will be lifted ).

elty

Oct 31, 2017
The number of US cases is now higher than China and half of the population is too stupid to even be upset at the massive mismanagement of the crisis by Trump and even approve of his handling wtf.
China didn't count the asymptomatic infection (they do track and managed them as infected internally) which last reported at around ~45000. Depends on how US count the cases and how they conduct testing China may still have more.

But they vote for Trump before, this virus will not make them smarter.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SO just an encountered one of those "it's caused by 5G" people today. ....is-is it really that hard to understand that diseases exist and kill people?

Every tweet about a celebrity during this has comments from Q nutjobs about how the celebrity stopped taking their adrenochrome.
Too much cringe for me.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017

Same. One guy said 5G was causing something to the oxygen and that was the cause of the virus. He also probably felt very smart when he said that. I didn't even know where to start... The stupidity of the average Joe is astounding.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand

I think some people just need to believe someone is out to get them and holding them down for "reasons". This virus is simultaneously an attack by the Chinese, a coverup for 5G, a way for the government/police to get dictatorship powers and curb freedoms, and a way for Bill Gates to sell you a vaccine that will track you.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
The only thing that clown will accomplish next week is another set of foolish speeches (today he said that Brazilians can swim in the sewers and and get no decease so...). No state government will hear it. But I fear after Easter it could be a different scenario (either the epidemic gets worse or the lockdown will be lifted ).
Santa Catarina State is lifting the lockdown next Monday.

Jan 31, 2018
Pandemic deaths could top 1.8 million even with a tough response
The death toll from the coronavirus pandemic sweeping the globe could hit 1.8 million worldwide this year even with swift and stringent measures to stop it, according to a study from Britain's Imperial College published Thursday.

Researchers estimate that tens of millions of lives could be saved if governments act fast to adopt strict public health measures, including testing, quarantining and broad social distancing, AFP reports.

Imperial College London's previous research spurred the British government to ramp up its efforts to curb the virus. The findings come as Johns Hopkins University figures show the global number of infections passing 525,000 worldwide. Deaths currently stand at 23,956.

The Imperial College modelling simulations are based on current data about the severity of the virus – its contagiousness and estimated mortality rate – as well as demographic and societal factors.

With strict containment measures imposed early enough – resulting in a rate of deaths of 0.2 per 100,000 of population per week – the modelling shows a death toll of 1.86 million people, with nearly 470 million infected this year.

If the same measures were taken later – leading to 1.6 deaths per 100,000 of population per week – the estimated toll rises sharply to 10.45 million deaths and 2.4 billion people infected.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
HEre's the kind of shit Birx is/was peddling (via an RNC spokeswoman)

I knew she was a fraud as soon as she started peddling shit around the testing rates and trying to compare them to South Korea early on. It's initially harder to tell because trump is so obvious that he's a fucking moron that when someone actually starts talking intelligently it sounds true

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely start to pick up in our city. My wife's hospital has 4 patients a couple days ago, up to 21 now. Not all in ICU though

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
I knew she was a fraud as soon as she started peddling shit around the testing rates and trying to compare them to South Korea early on. It's initially harder to tell because trump is so obvious that he's a fucking moron that when someone actually starts talking intelligently it sounds true

She's also saying NY has all it needs in terms of beds and ventilators. I am confused what would be the end game. Maybe that's the point. The lying will be exposed and they will just make up a new one.

Jan 31, 2018
With cars off the roads and factories closing, India's megacities are producing unprecedently low levels of air pollution. The result? Citizens enjoy blue skies as the heavy, grey smog clears.

The coronavirus pandemic is indirectly improving air quality in India. Roads are usually overcrowded with cars, rickshaws, buses and motorbikes. But as New Delhi and at least 75 Indian districts go under lockdown, streets are empty and locals report it is easier to breathe.

Levels in India's financial capital, Mumbai, are now at a moderate 90 on the Air Quality Index, as opposed to an average of 153 this time last year, reports Reuters. In New Delhi, a megacity with a population of 26.7 million, levels have dropped to just 93, versus 161 in March 2019. Air quality is considered good when the number falls below 50.
www.euronews.com

Grey smog lifts in India as coronavirus drives cars off the roads

What is the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on air quality in India?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: Puerto Rico has currently arrested more people for breaking curfew than there are confirmed cases.

I also just learned that the governor there announced a new measure to limit the number of people going to supermarkets at a time: people with cars whose license plates end in an even number get to go out certain dates of the week, those with odd numbers get to go on the rest.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...

The US is 5% of the world's population but 25% of new cases? And only half of us are making any effort? That's called efficiency, baby.
www.euronews.com

Grey smog lifts in India as coronavirus drives cars off the roads

What is the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on air quality in India?
It's sad that a near-shutdown of everything can't even drag the level back to "healthy."

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I remember there was a guy tracing on how the virus evolve when an outbreak was going on in Washington... does that guy post anything new?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I think some people just need to believe someone is out to get them and holding them down for "reasons". This virus is simultaneously an attack by the Chinese, a coverup for 5G, a way for the government/police to get dictatorship powers and curb freedoms, and a way for Bill Gates to sell you a vaccine that will track you.

I'm just tired that absolutely everything needs a convoluted reason to be. It just sometimes do be that way :/ The world doesn't need to connect the dots with everything government this and that.

I had to Google what the 5g conspiracy theory was. There's stupid... And then there's this. Who is this idiot you talked to

I didn't, SO stepped out to the store and wears a mask, so I guess a worker made the 5G comment and said how it's all dumb.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, 712 deaths in Italy just today. My attention had been fully on America these past few days and since I hadn't heard much from there, I was sorta hoping that things were getting better.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Trump has no clue on how long people actually have to be on ventilators. It can take WEEKS to bring someone back from the brink.

Congress needs to pass the bill compelling the use of the DPA.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
if people wont social distance this thing is just going to keep getting worse and worse jesus christ.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Lovely.

Some old lady was shopping yesterday at my wife's work. She was having trouble with her coupons and told the cashier to watch out because she was Covid positive. Then tried to come back saying she had more coupons.

The cashier said they tried to wipe everything down. But who knows what she touched.

What. Is. Wrong. With. People.