• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Lovely.

Some old lady was shopping yesterday at my wife's work. She was having trouble with her coupons and told the cashier to watch out because she was Covid positive. Then tried to come back saying she had more coupons.

The cashier said they tried to wipe everything down. But who knows what she touched.

What. Is. Wrong. With. People.

Isn't that kind of shit something they can arrest people for? Fucking horrible.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lovely.

Some old lady was shopping yesterday at my wife's work. She was having trouble with her coupons and told the cashier to watch out because she was Covid positive. Then tried to come back saying she had more coupons.

The cashier said they tried to wipe everything down. But who knows what she touched.

What. Is. Wrong. With. People.

The government misinformed them of the dangers for too long. At least in NYC.

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah definitely positive I have it now. Moved into my lungs. Slightly more difficult to breathe now and I'm having trouble falling asleep, but luckily I'm conscious and lucid.

Lets see how long it takes to beat this.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah definitely positive I have it now. Moved into my lungs. Slightly more difficult to breathe now and I'm having trouble falling asleep, but luckily I'm conscious and lucid.

Try to get some Mucinex (expectorant) from the pharmacy if you haven't already to help with the congestion buildup.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Interested af as to what Cuomo's and the people's of NY response will be during tomorrow's update after this hannity garbage

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
Clapping back in Twitter, while briefly therapeutic, does little good for the people of NY.

About the only way to come out ahead is to somehow get a shipment of all needed ventilators from China and personally thank Xi for stepping in where Trump failed. Hopefully the state can get the needed equipment, but they are already making ventilator decisions.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
We were at Disneyland on the 12th...

Yea there were probably some spread at that point but based on hospitalization rates really starting to take off this week it's safe to say it really didn't start to spread until later in February. For example Mardi Gras is the last week of February and New Orleans is now seeing the largest increase in cases so definitely related to that

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
People are basically ignoring guidelines here. Tons of people using playgrounds and public sporting facilities even though they are supposed to be off limits. Dog parks are closed and someone cut the lock off of the gate so they could take their dog in. Stupid shit. And the mayor's office and health department are hemming and hawing about if they are going to even bother enforcing anything. I'm sure it's like this all over the country.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

where do you live? I thought if it got to the point where you were having trouble breathing then you should be in a hospital?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn.

Im not at the stage yet where breathing is hard. My lungs do ache a bit and the nausea is a bitch.

Got it. Stay safe. Be comforted by the fact that once to get over this you won't have to worry about getting it anymore. I hope I never get it but always have the fear in the back of my head.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
People are basically ignoring guidelines here. Tons of people using playgrounds and public sporting facilities even though they are supposed to be off limits. Dog parks are closed and someone cut the lock off of the gate so they could take their dog in. Stupid shit. And the mayor's office and health department are hemming and hawing about if they are going to even bother enforcing anything. I'm sure it's like this all over the country.
Trump's become a religious symbol to some people. If he says it's fine, even if they're coughing up blood, they'll take it as gospel and act like everything's fine. We've got a serious problem with anti-intellectualism and conservative propaganda in this country. Even now of all times there are people not listening to reason and endangering themselves and others. If this administration made it a point to listen to the experts and shut down when it was necessary, provide money and support quickly and efficiently to the industries that actually needed it, it would have been done. But now their laziness, waffling, and Trump's outright disdain for calling a crisis and crisis has brought about a climate where part of the population is reacting appropriately and part of it is acting like it's a hoax or a minor trifle. It's insane. No wonder so many are eager to whataboutism with H1N1 or Ebola and the Obama Administration. Focusing on the current crisis reveals nothing but absolute failure.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
No matter what Trump said on Hannity, the fact he took time to do that interview is a disgraces... any competent leader should be juggling so much right now there would be no time for that... or anything close to that.

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's become a religious symbol to some people. If he says it's fine, even if they're coughing up blood, they'll take it as gospel and act like everything's fine. We've got a serious problem with anti-intellectualism and conservative propaganda in this country. Even now of all times there are people not listening to reason and endangering themselves and others. If this administration made it a point to listen to the experts and shut down when it was necessary, provide money and support quickly and efficiently to the industries that actually needed it, it would have been done. But now their laziness, waffling, and Trump's outright disdain for calling a crisis and crisis has brought about a climate where part of the population is reacting appropriately and part of it is acting like it's a hoax or a minor trifle. It's insane.

This is all wholly true. I have family members who are posting memes about how Obama waited to do anything about H1N1 until 1k Americans had died, and by this comparison, Trump acted very early. No amount of information or conversation can change their minds. It seems like they get bullshit directly beamed into their heads.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
No matter what Trump said on Hannity, the fact he took time to do that interview is a disgraces... any competent leader should be juggling so much right now there would be no time for that... or anything close to that.
He loves TV anyway but he probably factored in that looking like he has nothing important to do adds to the narrative he's trying to sling of everything being "overblown"/"winding down". Just incompetent all around.

This is all wholly true. I have family members who are posting memes about how Obama waited to do anything about H1N1 until 1k Americans had died, and by this comparison, Trump acted very early. No amount of information or conversation can change their minds. It seems like they get bullshit directly beamed into their heads.
This makes me so glad that my parents aren't Trump supporters. I can't even imagine taking to a loved one in the COVID strike zone and trying to convince them to stop making excuses for the president potentially killing them with his incompetence. Sorry you have to even put up with it.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
My dad's funeral was full i pray to God nobody gets infected, knowing someone got ill after going is very scary but we didn't know what to do, people keep coming.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Nah. I would like to know because it's frustrating to me this disinformation is spreading. I'm just looking for any source that isn't just bat-shit evangelical fear-mongering. I doubt I'll find anything.

The fact that people have been scared of the government microchipping/tracking them has been going on for yearrrrrs. It's the same types of preppers/freedom-rights people that are paranoid over this sort of thing. Just think about how realistic it sounds, honestly.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

We really gonna act like the US government can't spare a billion dollars right now?
Did the money printer break or something?

iyox

Oct 25, 2017

We really gonna act like the US government can't spare a billion dollars right now?
Did the money printer break or something?

They are just going to keep trying to ignore the situation. It's not about money, it's about acknowledging that the virus might actually require that amount of ventilators. If they spent that money on that amount of ventilators it would signal it's real and since it's not (in their view) they won't.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that people have been scared of the government microchipping/tracking them has been going on for yearrrrrs. It's the same types of preppers/freedom-rights people that are paranoid over this sort of thing. Just think about how realistic it sounds, honestly.
Hell I heard that shit all the way back in Sunday School. About how the antichrist would use microchips to give people the mark off the beast and what not.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dodged the first of many bullets today. We had a client at my facility go to the ER Monday night with multiple COVID symptoms. They initially diagnosed them with pneumonia and were waiting on the results from their test. We were set to find out today and the state released their official numbers and the county I work in reported their first case, but no one had contacted me as to whether it was our client or not. Thankfully, our client's test came back negative.