• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
A lot of country leaders must be thinking this. Look at Hungary. Look at what the US DoJ proposed only a week or so ago.

Shits insane...

It's super fucked up. I bet you're right on how other leaders must be thinking like that, but to have some of them openly expressing their POV speaks loads about how they truly believe their followers won't break the illusion so easily.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Italy leaves that plateau soon. It's still fluctuating up and down lately, right?

erw0akuj.png

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel sick today. No coughing but a lot of nausea. Probably food poisoning but I definitely am not getting remotely close to anyone for a while.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
So am officially quarantined after coming into direct contact with an infected patient showing symptoms at work. Me and at least 15 others came into contact with him last Thursday and have been working since then, so who knows how many people have it by now.

This infected coworker tried to get a test too but the doctor said the resources were limited and didn't let him. Days later when he starts having trouble breathing, chest pains, and his symptoms get worse, the doctor Still wouldn't give him a test because of the "resources", but gave him a diagnosis of suspected Corona Virus. Which of course our work downplayed because he didn't have a test proving it.
Apparently to get a Drive Thru style test, (or maybe even one from your doctor too?) you have to either be 65 or older, have an underlying immuno compromised condition, have severe trouble breathing, or have proof of exposure to someone who has COVID.( this is in LA county) We work on a military base that is hiding the infected numbers of individuals for OPSEC reasons so he couldn't get info from their health department on who has it, where they work, and how severe their conditions are. So no info, no test!
shits fucked up, man.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
i have no idea how this would work in practice

www.nytimes.com

C.I.A. Hunts for Authentic Virus Totals in China, Dismissing Government Tallies (Published 2020)

Intelligence officials have told the White House for weeks that China has vastly understated the spread of the coronavirus and the damage the pandemic has done.

this is such stupid propaganda, its pure nonsense.

Obtaining a more accurate count of the Chinese rate of infection and deaths from the virus has worldwide public health implications at a time of grave uncertainty over the virus, its speed of transmission and other fundamental questions. For American officials, the totals are critical to getting a better understanding of how Covid-19 will affect the United States in the months to come and of the effectiveness of countermeasures like social distancing, according to American intelligence agencies and White House officials.

yeah that definitely sounds like the White House we know, calm and measured. we're not too sure about the whole 'social distancing' thing because of China

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm getting serious cabin fever. Anyone else?

Every day is the same:
1. Wake up
2. Coffee
3. Exercise bike while watching Amazon/Hulu/Netflix
4. Restroom, shower
5. Check email. Logon to work, even on weekends to remain on standby (healthcare IT)
6. After work study for next cert out on balcony
~7. Work in meals when I feel like eating; my appetite has plummeted
~8. Clean, even when things are already cleaned because I am going mad
9. Sleep

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i have no idea how this would work in practice

www.nytimes.com

C.I.A. Hunts for Authentic Virus Totals in China, Dismissing Government Tallies (Published 2020)

Intelligence officials have told the White House for weeks that China has vastly understated the spread of the coronavirus and the damage the pandemic has done.
I'm going to bet really good money that they're not doing shit, Trump told government officials to push the coverup narrative and that's what it looks like.
I mean, why would you tell the NYT that if that was an honest effort?
Also, the "intelligence officials" are almost certainly people who work for Mike Pompeo, the NYT don't have access to CIA analysts, they're sources are all political, and they're whitewashing this garbage with the way the report on it, just like they whitewashed shit "intelligence officials" who worked for Bush told them about Iraq.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn the US ambasdor in the Netherlands is like a second Trump. Gets asked normal question and goes on the attack. Wich is funny because the Embassy themself invited the tv crew.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn the US ambasdor in the Netherlands is like a second Trump. Gets asked normal question and goes on the attack. Wich is funny because the Embassy themself invited the tv crew.
He's tea party nutjob who got the job because he worked forTrump's campaign. He's awful even by Republican standards.

p.s.
He once claimed that he found WMD in Iraq.
That was in 2006, after even Bush was like "ooopsie, I guess we got that one wrong".

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting serious cabin fever. Anyone else?

Every day is the same:
1. Wake up
2. Coffee
3. Exercise bike while watching Amazon/Hulu/Netflix
4. Restroom, shower
5. Check email. Logon to work, even on weekends to remain on standby (healthcare IT)
6. After work study for next cert out on balcony
~7. Work in meals when I feel like eating; my appetite has plummeted
~8. Clean, even when things are already cleaned because I am going mad
9. Sleep
Relatively speaking, this daily routine is pretty good. Better cabin fever than actual fever.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference between a "respirator" and a "ventillator"? Could someone show me pictures so I could actually picture these things in my mind when they come up in discussions?

thank you

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
What's the difference between a "respirator" and a "ventillator"? Could someone show me pictures so I could actually picture these things in my mind when they come up in discussions?

thank you
A respirator is something you wear over your face to filter the air you breathe. Imagine a gas mask. Similar thing.

A ventilator is a machine that pumps oxygen into the lungs. It's a large machine in an intensive care unit at a hospital.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This whole article is literal insanity:

Rural Counties Consider an Alternative Type of Social Distancing — Kicking Chicago Out of Illinois

The coronavirus outbreak, which has yet to touch some areas of the state, has become the most recent flashpoint, inspiring both serious promises to reintroduce secession on the ballot and Facebook memes that call for building a wall around Chicago.

Political experts say there is virtually no chance that the state will ever split, especially since it will require an act of Congress and lead to the likely election of two Republican senators to represent that new state. Still, the secession conversation is a dramatic expression of the much more widespread — and potentially dangerous — frustration with a sweeping governmental response to the pandemic that many question in areas where some homes sit acres apart and people predominantly travel by car, not public transportation.

"There's nobody around here that's got it," Powell said. "We're a farming community. We know how to wash our hands. We're with pigs and cows and chickens. In this community, it's really hard to comprehend."

"There's obviously a big difference in how these broad policies affect Chicago, which is a very densely populated area, and how they affect my district," Wilhour said.

Wilhour, along with six other Republican lawmakers, sent a letter to Pritzker last week asking for measures to help small businesses during the pandemic, including freezing the minimum wage for 18 months and implementing a sales tax holiday for the duration of the stay-at-home order.

"It's very lackadaisical," McNeil said. "A lot of people I don't see taking the precautions seriously."

McNeil said his store has seen unprecedented sales of washers, dryers, deep freezers and refrigerators — which he considers "essential items" and the reason he believes he's allowed to stay open — and has felt heartened by the new role he sees his business providing during the crisis.

On Wednesday, McNeil's Rent One store posted a photo on its Facebook page advertising its stock of lawn mowers: "Yard season has started and Rent One is here to help you get started. This bad boy is parked out front of the store so feel free to take a look at it TODAY!"

Rick Henson, who owns a barber shop in West Frankfort, closed Tuesday after business slowed because of the coronavirus. He now hopes to reopen next week, after he began getting calls from customers, many of whom are older people, city officials and local police officers, saying he's a "needed commodity."

Jared Gravatt, co-owner of Crown Brew Coffee Company in Marion, said he understands the need for the stay-at-home order but thinks the differences between Chicago and the rest of the state are "night and day."

Gravatt said the county's businesses are reeling from the shutdown. He and his business partner are organizing a virtual fundraising event on Friday to raise money and awareness for struggling businesses while encouraging people to abide by the stay-at-home order.

Even Gravatt, who said he recognizes the importance of protecting against the coronavirus outbreak, acknowledges the appeal of secession.

COVID-19 has "killed more businesses than it has people in this region," he said.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
He's gone over it, the cost to fight this is tremendous, forgot the number but between $5-10 billion. Taxes got delayed. Therefore the state has lost all the revenue they were expecting by April 15 that would help pay for this and are right now going to make a lot less in 2020 taxes because of all the businesses that are shut down. It's a complete collapse. This is why he was irate the fed only pledged a few billion.

The fed dumps how much into military spending a year? Doesn't the pentagon have some unaccountable black whole that just sucks money away?

Truly astonishing that it is even conceivable that New York City cannot get access to fund a health care crisis of this magnitude. The US gave Israel 4 billion in military aid just last year.

Oct 25, 2017
The fed dumps how much into military spending a year? Doesn't the pentagon have some unaccountable black whole that just sucks money away?

Truly astonishing that it is even conceivable that New York City cannot get access to fund a health care crisis of this magnitude. The US gave Israel 4 billion in military aid just last year.

States cannot just generate money at a moments notice like the Federal Government can, and their debt issuance is just real deal debt.

Darkness_Nova

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico's president said the pandemic "fits like a glove" for his plans to create a new regime. His exact words were "nos viene como anillo al dedo para consolidar la transformación".

Fucking psychopath.

If you are going to cite him at least put some context. He said that when everything is over we will be strengthened and more close to each other, that's why it fits like a glove

alex.magnus

Oct 28, 2017
lab24.ilsole24ore.com

Coronavirus in Italia, i dati e la mappa

Tutti i numeri del coronavirus in Italia: contagiati, morti, guariti e numero di tamponi. Informazioni per regioni e province fornite dal ministero della Salute.

You can switch to the english version on the top right.

thanks! I actually found another one as well:
https://lab.gedidigital.it/gedi-vis...talia/?ref=RHPPTP-BS-I252749251-C4-P2-S1.4-F4
they pretty much have the same features I believe

alex.magnus

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a graph showing how many tests are being run every day as well?

yes, it has a load of interactive graphs including how letal it has been with a gender / age split, on top of % increases across each region and county, and increases in each european country compared to yesterday...

pretty much the whole page is screenshot worth it, I highly recommend checking it up

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania
8,420 cases (+1,404)
102 deaths (+12)

The state just went into full lockdown instead of just specific counties, so it might be awhile before the peak.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Situation is going worse in Turkey. Our Health Minister said the infection rate per person is 16 other people! China's was 2.4, HM said either China's making shit up or something else is going on.

30 cities including İstanbul and Ankara are on lockdown from midnight.

+65 and - 20 are banned from leaving their homes.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Situation is going worse in Turkey. Our Health Minister said the infection rate per person is 16 other people! China's was 2.4, HM said either China's making shit up or something else is going on.

30 cities including İstanbul and Ankara are on lockdown from midnight.

+65 and - 20 are banned from leaving their homes.
Im sorry what. That is not really something possible. In Spain it was higher than 4 and that was the reason of our high numbers now. 16 would be doomsday lvls of catastophe.

unknown.png

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Im sorry what. That is not really something possible. In Spain it was higher than 4 and that was the reason of our high numbers now. 16 would be doomsday lvls of catastophe.

unknown.png

He said in İstanbul 1 person infects 16 other people. I am shocked too.

www.aa.com.tr

Sağlık Bakanı Koca: Son 24 saatte 69 kişi yaşamını yitirdi

Sağlık Bakanı Fahrettin Koca, Kovid-19 nedeniyle son 24 saatte 69 kişinin yaşamını yitirdiğini, toplam can kaybının 425 olduğunu bildirdi. - Anadolu Ajansı

I think he is trying to say in total a person affects 16 people. Not that 1=16, 2=32 etc. I dunno.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My oximeter has just arrived, thankfully. I hate being blind, same for thermometers, "just making a guess" isn't ideal to me when dealing with something like this virus.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
How likely is it to get infected from an Amazon package from California? My apologies if this is a stupid question.

I take the box in, try not to touch the package with my clothes, open, then take box outside to recycle bin. I get back in, squirt hand sanitizer and rub along my hands and up my arms, then use the excess sanitizer to kind of coat the outside of the item I ordered, if it is small enough. And if your hands are still wet, you can rub them on the door handles.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

unknown.png
he is probably considering all the people that get infected but dont develop or have very little symptoms and are never considered infected because of that.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
All I've heard is my dad going off at 3M today.

Looks like he got his latest right wing talking points from his media overlords

Thank god for my earbuds. They're the only reason I don't want to shoot myself right now.

Its honestly incredible seeing these people seamlessly go from downplaying even as hundreds were dying, to now flying into histrionics over things like the 3M situation.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
First case of community spread in my small city. Just three cases in total here. The other two were domestic travel and are now symptom free.