• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Proper handwashing
  • Lishi

Banned
    Oct 27, 2017
    good to know. Just checked the hand sanitizers my mum and sister use. both have 58% ethanol (=alcohol)...
    thanks. I just want the goverment to give such infos to the public.

• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
      • If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.

www.cdc.gov

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.

SCMP explainer
  • Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
    Oct 27, 2017
    Some very useful information here:

multimedia.scmp.com

Coronavirus: the disease Covid-19 explained

Despite China’s best efforts the coronavirus outbreak has spread rapidly around the world. Many cities in Hubei province remain in lockdown and an increasing number of international flights to China have been suspended.

This in particular:

ddr8fdh-b9db39ce-b639-428d-9424-ed3c138b7bf0.jpg

Wash your hand properly people.

M
  • Oct 27, 2017
    As an elementary and middle school teacher in a major metropolitan area, there is NO WAY that having students back in class will NOT result in an unmitigated disaster among staff and families. The amount of physical interaction that happens in school at any given minute throughout the entire day probably makes it the worst example of "social distancing" possible. I could spend the next hour typing out every scenario that could result in a transmission of the virus and not even come close to exhausting the possibilities. I cannot fathom how this is even remotely considered...even with less students going back and the theoretical idea that "asymptomatic" children don't post much transmission risk (which doesn't even make sense to me).

For one small example, I see 100s of students across all grade levels from kindergarten up to 8th grade. They come from different classrooms, from their homeroom teacher to my classroom. 30 of them at a time, 7 times a day. Materials and desks are shared amongst all of those groups. Think about the number of interactions there. A single one of those students comes from a family of unknown size and exposure level.

Hell, typically an entire classroom goes into a mini quarantine and is shut down if a single bedbug is found on one chair in the room.

Sorry for the rant and overly aggressive post. I love you all and wish everyone the absolute best. Apologies for not being the most composed here.

No worries, we get it, and we're starting to see education institutions plan for months out instead of merely weeks.