• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Retail title ranking:

1. COD
2. RDR2
3. Fallout76
4. Madden
5. NBA 2k
6. Let's Go Pikachu
7. Let's Go Eevee
8. FIFA
9. AC Odyssey
10. Battlefield V

RDR2 outsold COD on dollars, despite being (slightly) behind on units. Pokemon definitely combined for more units and sales than COD and RDR2. Could be behind when digital is added.
Fallout is doing better in the US compared to the rest of the world while it's the opposite for BFV.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
3. Fallout76 !!!!

And I was thinking the big surprise would be X1 leading in revenue :D :D
So, Bethesda was totally right after all when talking about the millions of users playing the game.

Last edited:

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox performance is especially impressive when you consider its comp last year is a difficult one considering the X launched.

MS have done a hell of a job turning the brand around

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No one should be shocked with Fallout 76 being number 3. No one ever doubted the Fallout brand. I fully expect sales to absolutely tank in Dec NPD though.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Retail title ranking:

1. COD
2. RDR2
3. Fallout76
4. Madden
5. NBA 2k
6. Let's Go Pikachu
7. Let's Go Eevee
8. FIFA
9. AC Odyssey
10. Battlefield V

RDR2 outsold COD on dollars, despite being (slightly) behind on units. Pokemon definitely combined for more units and sales than COD and RDR2. Could be behind when digital is added.

Some random thoughts, FO76 did okay, hard to tell without actual numbers. Bad start for BFV which we had surmised. Also, FIFA is starting to become more prevalent in the US.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox performance is especially impressive when you consider its comp last year is a difficult one considering the X launched.

MS have done a hell of a job turning the brand around
Getting the X down to $399/$429 must have pushed existing owners to upgrade. Worked for me.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Switch and PS4 both slightly lower than I anticipated. On the other hand, a very pleasant surprise with XB1 sales.

Just for scientific purposes, would have loved to see what a fully stocked $200 Spiderman bundle would have pulled in.

Obviously Playstation is doing extremely well, but these last two holidays have been odd. Basically, a Black Friday bonanza that lasts a few days until stock runs out, and then hardly anything else of note for the rest of the year. No Pro sales this holiday and their best bundle is $100 more expensive than their deal in November. Real surprised they are being this conservative for a 2013 released console with the PS5 on the horizon and the importance of getting people in to their ecosytem.

Switch will rightfully dominate December sales. Might not be as big as a number as hoped for with Cyber Monday not counting, but nevertheless should be gargantuan with Smash and PS4/XB1 not really having any notable deals.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
It's also worth noting that Fallout 76 was down to $30 in like mid-DecemberNovember. They were really aggressive with the pricing. BFV has been cheaper as well, but that started a week or two after the aggressive Fallout 76 pricing.

Last edited:

julian

Oct 27, 2017
What year is it? Oh, it's the year of everybody winning. Great job to all.

Also, Benji, I never doubted you nearly as much as you doubted yourself. You let the negativity of some posters get to you when the Nintendo PR was very clearly worded so as not to be hard numbers.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
There will be some surprises this month. Both on the hardware and software side from what i've seen.

There it is.
Hardware very close and competitive and no clear winning month for Ps4 as most expected.
CoD still outselling RDR.
Fallout 76 doing good while being a clusterfuck of game.

Has a mod verified csheep though ? Because that's a lot of data here.
What he / she said is true.
Switch was the top $ selling console of November.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
They're both around 1.5m
My guess is this is about RDR and COD (csheep don't answer, I understand you don't want to say something more detailed) since csheep wrote "RDR2 outsold COD on dollars, despite being (slightly) behind on units."
This means Pokemon is above 1.5 million retail, since csheep wrote "Pokemon definitely combined for more units and sales".

allan-bh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately we have no idea how much CoD and RDR II sold in october to contextualize this numbers in november.

Oct 26, 2017
Battlefield 5 probably shouldn't have launched 6 months before it was finished!

My take.

Also, hopefully this kills tiered release dates. Hard to have hype when your reviews and launch trailers are like weeks before the actual release date for 90% of people.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah, Switch is destroying 3DS launch aligned right now.

3DS Month 21 (November 2012): 6.49M
NSW Month 21 (November 2018): 8.74M

3DS sold 540K that November and 1.25M in December.

Now the next "challenge" (That Switch will beat easily) is outselling Wii U + 3DS up to Month 22, which is 10.42M. Switch just needs to sell 1.68M in December.

Combined LTD for both Wii U + 3DS is probably going to end up being ~29M so Switch is going to blow that away. Just for those that bring up comparing Switch to those 2 on whether or not it's a "success" or "disappointment".

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
PS4 needs to sell 930K in December to be up over 2017 YTD. 1.2M if it wants to beat 2015 for peak year.

XB1 needs to sell 870K in December to be up over 2017 YTD. Over 1.5M if it wants to beat 2015 for peak year, or over 1.3M if it wants to beat 2016 for second best year.

Switch needs to outsell PS4 by ~670K in December to finish the year as the #1 selling hardware.
Everyone should be down this December since it doesn't include Cyber Monday, right? Sony especially because no promotions at all for PS4.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to be curious to see how badly Battlefront 3 does next year if EA decides to launch it next year.

Because most of DICE will probably be focused on completing Battlefield 5 until like May.

Battlefront 3 gonna launch with like two maps.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
I wonder if all three consoles ability to ship in Q4 will be adversely impacted by tariffs due to US/China trade war.

If I were Nintendo and missed my target that would be my scapegoat, if plausible.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Why would everyone be down because of Cyber Monday? That doesn't mean the Switch will be down.
Because that was a big part of Switch's December last year. They had a very good Cyber Monday, outselling the other consoles if memory serves that day. There was PR for it from Nintendo. I'd assume Microsoft and Sony benefited from it too.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone should be down this December since it doesn't include Cyber Monday, right? Sony especially because no promotions at all for PS4.
Nintendo will still be up YOY because of Smash and Christmas.

XB1 and PS4 will most likely be down because November was down even with Cyber Monday. XB1 could manage a decent YOY decline depending on how well the deals help sales. PS4 will probably look like a disaster (well under 1M) if Sony doesn't drop the price next week.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
According to Media Create Switch is slightly up in Japan right now when you compare 2018 to 2017. When you look at FY18 and FY17 though its slightly down. It will be up after December but i doubt it will show more than 5-10% growth, unlike in other regions (presumably).

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
PS4 has now surpassed PS3 LTD this month.

PS3 LTD: ~26.8M
PS4 LTD: ~27.5M

On the flip side, XB1 has fallen behind the Xbox 360 launch aligned.

360 LTD Month 61 (November 2010): ~23.57M
XB1 LTD Month 61 (November 2018): ~23.56M

Yes, it was that close. Xbox 360 sold 1.374M that month and then sold 1.86M in December.
Isn't Xbox 360 near 50 million units LTD ? So it sold ~25M after Nov 2010? That's insane, even with Kinect.

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018
I'm reading this late so pardon if someone has corrected you since you said this, I haven't read any further yet, but the PlayStation Portable sold 82 million units. So I'd say your statement that it wasn't "successful" is flat out wrong.

I never said the psp wasn't successful I was saying it's a handheld so it's not what I was counting with my original statement.

My original point was any console t(not portable) that sold over 30 usually has their first two years as the weakest sales wise then hits its peak before tapering off in its final years. The argument that ps4 should be tapering off is not necessarily correct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
According to Media Create Switch is slightly up in Japan right now when you compare 2018 to 2017. When you look at FY18 and FY17 though its slightly down. It will be up after December but i doubt it will show more than 5-10% growth, unlike in other regions (presumably).
I guess people banking out significant growth these last few weeks lol.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
And how in any way is that up significantly lol

Because these next few weeks and early Jan account for a large proportion of overall yearly sales - if its up significantly in the next 6 weeks it will likely mean its up overall YoY significantly as well

Maybe understand what you are commenting on before attacking other posters

Last edited: