• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Who's the jobber that looks like Eddie Edwards younger brother?

hideo-itami-def-levy-cruise.jpg

Deleted member 1299

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, MD USA
Watched Summer Slam 17'.

If you remove Styles/Owens for the US title, the two woman's matches (Nattie/Naomi; Bliss/Banks) are easily the best matches on the card.

Really impressed with Nattie & Naomi. I can't recall seeing either of them up to that point work at pace for that length of time with the number of spots they delivered. Was very entertaining.

Bliss and Banks were also pretty good, each getting all their shit in and keeping interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Summer Slam 17'.

If you remove Styles/Owens for the US title, the two woman's matches (Nattie/Naomi; Bliss/Banks) are easily the best matches on the card.

Really impressed with Nattie & Naomi. I can't recall seeing either of them up to that point work at pace for that length of time with the number of spots they delivered. Was very entertaining.

Bliss and Banks were also pretty good, each getting all their shit in and keeping interesting.

Usos and New Day had a match on the pre show that I would recommend. It isn't just the best match on the card, but it's one of the better matches in the company that year

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Flammable D

Lanza dunked hard on Conners this week and it was glorious. A perfect representation of my thoughts.
It was wonderful! Was the women's tag match really as bad as he said? (And Coffey/Bate as well, I'd be surprised if it was Bad)
Finally figured out why the FCP guys got pulled from the Japan show. Should have remembered this earlier, but WWE doesn't want their guys wrestling on outside shows writhing seven days of a UK taping because of injuries and such. The FCP Korakuen show is on January 6th. Takeover is on the 12th and the taping is the next day on the 13th. So even though FCP is a partner promotion, the even falls within the week timeframe.
There's been a couple of reports that they were unhappy about injuries, though there was also a report that the actual reason for the no bookings for a week thing was that they wanted to run mini PC style camps with the talent for the week in abscense of a physical permanent PC so far.
The British Wrestling Experience guys at POST pointed out something I was unaware of.

The way RevPro can book so many NJPW talents is that they split the costs with OTT. So if OTT aligns with WWE and stops booking NJPW guys, then it's likely RevPro wouldn't be able to use NJPW guys as often unless they found another promotion to help them mitigate the costs.
ehh, the number has gone up recently but they've been regularly booking multiple New Japan guys for years now.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Some cheap upcoming British wrestling after the news of the week:

I'll probably pay a pound to watch the Charli Evans match on the resurgence show

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit the latest Retro B&V is fucking nuts. Russo Nitro sounds like a fever dream when some breaks it down lol.

I remember watching a ton of stuff from that period online a couple of years ago and thought it was crazy that everything I saw happened within a space of a month. Then I looked into the episode dates for each of the clips and found out they all happened within one week!

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Fedora Freak also started ARSION which was pretty great.

Then a gravure idol decided to wrestle and here we are.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Wrestlegate coming out of nowhere and booking all of the faves upfront to fill out half a year's worth of shows is hilarious

Also they got the year wrong for that show, unless it happened back in march

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Puma King in the DDT Zone

tm24 come get your boy

oh man, there's like one lucha fan in the crowd that's loud as fuck in an otherwise quiet japanese crowd. ahaha.

seems like there's actually several mexican fans but one dude in particular with a deep booming voice

Last edited:

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Sammy using a different theme from the fake Get Him To The Greek band. lol

Apparently it's another he used to use? I prefer the furry walls one he usually uses, more douchey

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If someone says that a biting retort about how Seth should stick to posting dick pics and making Nazi salutes should apply to Sonya Deville, I'm going to ask how posting dick pics applies to Sonya Deville.

You knew what I was talking about, and so did everyone else. That's why everyone's ignoring the dick pic part, which no one gave a shit about even back then.

Nah, but she's more supportive of Mandy's bullshit. Oh and Seth's EX's

....Wait, what about Mandy?

Status
Not open for further replies.