• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

gabriel-cassata-aew-full-gear-poster-art-lettering-highres.jpg

latest

ultimate-party2019-preview.png

Fuck WWE

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Christ, those Power Struggle and Full Gear posters are absolutely lovely.

But where the fuck is Jay White on the Power Struggle poster?

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just got off work and am posting under the assumption that I won't be waking up to an international incident, but I'm gonna laugh when everyone complaining about being left behind is back on the next show there.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
hearing reports that WWE talent have been drafted into the KSA armed forces alongside child soldiers and definitely-not-slaves from North Africa to fight the Houthi menace

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Uhrg, I was supposed to have friends coming round for a dinner party tomorrow but they asked to come round on Sunday, so I may not be able to watch Ultimate Party live.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight, Rise: La Escalera on Fite.tv:

rise-la-escalera-800x1280fit.jpg

-Phoenix of Rise Championship match: Big Swole (c) vs. Laynie Luck
-Guardians of Rise Tag Team Championship match: The Killer Death Machines (Jessicka Havok & Neveah) vs. Team Blue Nation (Charli Evans & Jessica Troy)
-#1 contender La Escalera Al Campeonato (elimination ladder match): Hyan vs. Priscilla Kelly vs. Jake Atlas vs. Raze vs. Kylie Rae vs. ?
-Shotzi Blackheart vs. Rosemary
-Jamie Senegal vs. Candy Lee
-Savage AF match: Allysin Kay vs. Taya Valkyrie
-Cassandro el Exotico vs. Saraya Knight (special referee Colt Cabana)
-Team Sea Stars (Ashley Vox & Delmi Exo) vs. The Latina Superstars (Mercedes Martinez & Miranda Alize)
-Paradise Lost (Dust & Raven's Ash) w/Rosemary vs. Witch Please (Elayna Black & Hawlee Cromwell)

fip-in-full-force-2019-360x540fit.jpg

And FIP In Full Force, if you're a mark.

-FIP World Tag Team Championship match: Precipice (Chance Auren & Omar Amir) (c) w/ Skinny Vinny vs. The Skulk (Liam Gray & Adrian Alanis)
-Anthony Henry vs. Troy Hollywood
-FIP Florida Heritage Championship match: Jon Davis (c) vs. Snoop Strikes
-Leon Ruff vs. Hunter Law
-Bryan Idol w/ "Superstar" Sean Davis & Natalia Markova vs. Damien Angel
-The End (Parrow & Odinson) vs. Dirty Blondes (Michael Patrick & Leo Brien) w/ "Superstar" Sean Davis
-Natalia Markova w/ "Superstar" Sean Davis vs. Katalina Perez
-Francisco Ciatso vs. Faboo Andre w/ "Superstar" Sean Davis
-Cyrus Satin vs. Zachary Cooper

And then tomorrow, MLW Saturday Night SuperFight on Fite.tv:
MLW_WEB_Post2.jpg

-MLW World Heavyweight Championship match: Jacob Fatu (c) vs. LA Park w/Salina de la Renta
-Texas Tornado MLW World Tag Team Championship match: The Dynasty (MJF & Richard Holliday) (c) vs. The Von Erichs (Marshall and Ross Von Erich)
-MLW World Middleweight Championship match: Teddy Hart (c) vs. Austin Aries
-MLW National Openweight Championship match: Alexander Hammerstone (c) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
-Tom Lawlor vs. Timothy Thatcher
-Low-Ki vs. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Stairway to Hell match: Jimmy Havoc vs. Bestia 666 vs. Mance Warner
-Injustice (Jordan Oliver, Kotto Brazil & Myron Reed) vs. Gringo Loco, Puma King & Septimo Dragon

Also on Saturday, ROH The Experience on Fite.tv:
-ROH World Six-Man Championship Match: Villain Enterprises vs Team Picked by ROH Fans
-Dragon Lee vs Opponent Picked by Fan Vote
-Fans Pick Stipulation: Jonathan Gresham vs Mark Haskins
-Tracy Williams vs Flip Gordon
-Fans Choose The Partners Rush & (Jay Lethal or Dalton Castle) vs Matt Taven & (Jay Lethal or Dalton Castle)

And on Sunday, ROH Unauthorized on Fite.tv:
-Losers Must Unmask: El Lethal & Jefe Cobbo vs Delirious & Mini Delirious
-Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger, Triple Cheeseburger vs Dalton White Castle, Burger Flip Gordon, Kenny Burger King
-Dan Maff vs PCO
-Rush & Dragon Lee vs Lifeblood
-Partner Kicks Out – Take a Shot: Josh Woods vs Mark Briscoe
-Ultimo Guerrerro vs Jonathan Gresham
-Shane Taylor & TBA vs Villain Enterprises
-No Disqualification match: Sumie Sakai & Jenny Rose vs The Allure

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Copying from Serene's post in the old thread regarding what drew and lost viewers for AEW and NXT this week (from the Observer):

In the segment-by-segment, the high point for AEW was 880,000 in the first segment. The low point was 701,000 for the Cody and Tony Schiavone car ride and Best Friends & Orange Cassidy vs. Alex Reynolds & John Silver & QT Marshall. Hikaru Shida vs. Shanna lost 85,000 viewers. The end of Shida vs. Shanna and the angle with Ortiz & Santana and the Rock & Roll Express lost 60,000 viewers. The Cody car ride and Best Friend s match lost 34,000 viewers,. The Cody/Chris Jericho contract signing and beating of Dustin Rhodes by Jake Hager gained 51,000 viewers. The Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs. Jack Evans & Angelico & Kip Sabian lost 45,000 viewers. The end of that match plus the Jon Moxley/Peter Avalon angle and Moxley promo gained 9,000 viewers. And the Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian tag title win over Pentagon Jr. & Fenix gained 55,000 viewers to 781,000.

NXT did very close to AEW from 9 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with Asuka & Kairi Sane vs. Dakota Kai & Tegan Nox, going against the Jericho contract signing and Young Bucks & Omega match. The AEW edge was 730,000 to 679,000 during that half hour, the closest it has come. But NXT collapsed in the last half hour of the show with the Tyler Bate vs. Cameron Grimes match and tag title match, with the head-to-head tag title matches doing 781,000 to 467,000.

For NXT, the Finn Balor promo grew 30,000 viewers. I had expected Balor promo vs. Hikaru Shida to be close, but AEW had a 795,000 to 607,000 edge. Bronson Reed vs. Shane Thorne lost 62,000 viewers. The women's tag title match gained 143,000 viewers, so they ended up meaning far more than Balor. The War Games angle after the match lost 39,000 viewers. Grimes vs. Bate lost 163,000 viewers. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Matt Riddle & Keith Lee lost 27,000 viewers in the head-to-head, but when AEW ended, they gained 145,000 viewers in the overrun so that's probably a lot of AEW viewers. It probably also kills them in the last quarter because fans watch the NXT main events in fewer numbers knowing they can watch the AEW closing angle and miss nothing on NXT and still see its closing angle.

AEW summary: (you can read the quote above for NXT stuff if you wish)
-had 880,000 in the first segment
-lowest drop was to 701,000 for the Tony/Cody limo ride and Best Friends Rick & Morty match
-Shida vs. Shanna lost 85,000 viewers
-end of Shida vs. Shanna plus the Rock 'n Roll Express attack lost another 60,000
-Tony/Cody limo ride & Best Friends/Rick & Morty lost 34,000 viewers
-Jericho contract signing & backstage attack gained 51,000 viewers
-Kenny/Bucks vs. Kip/Hybrid 2 lost 55,000 viewers
-End of the match plus the Mox promo gained 9,000 viewers
-SCU vs. Lucha Bros. gained 55,000 viewers to get up to 781,000

My reading of this:
-The Shida/Shanna match was too long. I KNEW they would lose people when they went to commercial in the middle of the match. Plus, it was a bit too slow for casual viewers. Shida needs to pick up her speed game to keep viewers invested. I love her look, think she has good offense, but her timing and pacing isn't where it needs to be yet
-Not sure what to say about the PnP attack. I thought it was awesome, but looks like casuals don't want to see old people on screen
-Corporate tie-ins, nerd cosplay, and niche community references lose viewers
-Jericho is a draw. People want stars and angles
-Mox is an attention-getter
-People want to see wrestlers doing cool shit and fighting for titles

I've made a Twitter bet that I'll deactivate my account if they don't hit at least 850,000 viewers next week.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Also reposting these here:

Humberto had one too that he took down. It was a video of him collapsing in a hotel bed looking exhausted.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Copying from Serene's post in the old thread regarding what drew and lost viewers for AEW and NXT this week (from the Observer):

AEW summary: (you can read the quote above for NXT stuff if you wish)
-had 880,000 in the first segment
-lowest drop was to 701,000 for the Tony/Cody limo ride and Best Friends Rick & Morty match
-Shida vs. Shanna lost 85,000 viewers
-end of Shida vs. Shanna plus the Rock 'n Roll Express attack lost another 60,000
-Tony/Cody limo ride & Best Friends/Rick & Morty lost 34,000 viewers
-Jericho contract signing & backstage attack gained 51,000 viewers
-Kenny/Bucks vs. Kip/Hybrid 2 lost 55,000 viewers
-End of the match plus the Mox promo gained 9,000 viewers
-SCU vs. Lucha Bros. gained 55,000 viewers to get up to 781,000

My reading of this:
-The Shida/Shanna match was too long. I KNEW they would lose people when they went to commercial in the middle of the match. Plus, it was a bit too slow for casual viewers. Shida needs to pick up her speed game to keep viewers invested. I love her look, think she has good offense, but her timing and pacing isn't where it needs to be yet
-Not sure what to say about the PnP attack. I thought it was awesome, but looks like casuals don't want to see old people on screen
-Corporate tie-ins, nerd cosplay, and niche community references lose viewers
-Jericho is a draw. People want stars and angles
-Mox is an attention-getter
-People want to see wrestlers doing cool shit and fighting for titles

I've made a Twitter bet that I'll deactivate my account if they don't hit at least 850,000 viewers next week.

I'd be curious if those drops correspond with whatever was happening in the World Series. Also, stay off of Twitter.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Freelance loading their show up head to head with Smackdown 11/22 in Chicago. Looking forward to Kylie superkicking Ethan Page back to TNA and getting the belt back.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tonight, Rise: La Escalera on Fite.tv:

rise-la-escalera-800x1280fit.jpg

-Phoenix of Rise Championship match: Big Swole (c) vs. Laynie Luck
-Guardians of Rise Tag Team Championship match: The Killer Death Machines (Jessicka Havok & Neveah) vs. Team Blue Nation (Charli Evans & Jessica Troy)
-#1 contender La Escalera Al Campeonato (elimination ladder match): Hyan vs. Priscilla Kelly vs. Jake Atlas vs. Raze vs. Kylie Rae vs. ?
-Shotzi Blackheart vs. Rosemary
-Jamie Senegal vs. Candy Lee
-Savage AF match: Allysin Kay vs. Taya Valkyrie
-Cassandro el Exotico vs. Saraya Knight (special referee Colt Cabana)
-Team Sea Stars (Ashley Vox & Delmi Exo) vs. The Latina Superstars (Mercedes Martinez & Miranda Alize)
-Paradise Lost (Dust & Raven's Ash) w/Rosemary vs. Witch Please (Elayna Black & Hawlee Cromwell)

Cassandro vs Saraya intrigue me:

Could be good like Cassandro vs Martinez.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

Not sure what's happening here but the @'d guys timeline is going all in on his boss

EDIT: ohhhh, that guy is Joey Mercury

Last edited:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

Cliff notes from Maki Ito interview:

• Spent 11,000 yen on the bicycle. Only owned it for almost 1 week
  • Went to Sanrio Puroland alone and traveled with the bike. Stolen after she was finished
  • Felt depressed after losing her 1.4 match against Miyu Yamashita
  • Her strategy against Yuna Manase was to pull off a unexpected surprise
  • Wants to be world famous just like Asuka (WWE)
  • UK is the next destination she wants to travel
  • Wants to move out of Ota to Meguro by 2022, but scared to go to an unfamiliar place
  • Is worried about not being able to walk after retirement. Wondering what to do if she retired at age 35
  • She'll live quietly somewhere after retirement. Entertainment industry probably doesn't need Ito
  • Buy more bikes and double lock it

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So who would thought that Kenny video meant nothing about njpw and aew work together

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
I hope those abandoned in Saudi Arabia can you use it to get out of their contracts if they wish.