• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Since there is so much wrestling this weekend (She-1, Full Gear, AAA and New Japan) I decided to watch GCW later as a VOD. Did I make the right call?
the card is good its probably a really good show

I always prefer watching live whenever possible though, may as well if you're home and paying for it. There's always more excitement to an event if you're watching live

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The real fiend
miZf8Mj.jpg

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Watched AEW Dark. I'm back and forth on Nyla. I wanted to be high on her but her matches have been so-so. Still, her finish for that match was strong. Could last match too, SCU+Cima vs. Hybrid 2+Kip Sabian.

All this trios wrestling makes me think there should be a trios title over a midcard, but whatevs.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Of all the people in wrestling you could waste this much time trying to dunk on, you chose....Kenny Omega? Aight then.

Edit: Also, I don't follow this guy. I wish Twitter didn't show you the tweets other people like lol.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017

i legit can't believe how much they're trying to turn strowman into a complete geek, this segment was atrocious, why would anyone ever taker this dude seriously again

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Of all the people in wrestling you could waste this much time trying to dunk on, you chose....Kenny Omega? Aight then.

Edit: Also, I don't follow this guy. I wish Twitter didn't show you the tweets other people like lol.

He really dislikes Omega and takes every opportunity to talk about him.

Thunder Rosa might have been defeated in her MMA debut but she's back in TJPW in January!

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
GCW first half was better but still a very good show overall, best matches were Mancer/Justice, Sakuda/Veidt, and Gage/Atlas

I actually think the last LA show had higher highs but it seems like they're gonna be here a lot more often now which is cool

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Cant believe we are gonna start the next decade with Okada Two-Belts,this is gonna be so exciting!

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All this trios wrestling makes me think there should be a trios title over a midcard, but whatevs.

Yeah, it should have been a trios title. That could make for some exciting trios matches every week and good factions wars. Another non gimmick singles belt is boring. At least make it something like a tv title and have it be defended every week.

Thunder Rosa might have been defeated in her MMA debut but she's back in TJPW in January!

See this excelsiorlef ? Better learn how to dance some cumbias.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Sasha's new song is rough to listen to.

Sasha having a new song is the silliest shit I've ever heard. Of the new talents that's come from the NXT era, Sasha's got one of the most iconic themes among them.

Yeah, it should have been a trios title. That could make for some exciting trios matches every week and good factions wars. Another non gimmick singles belt is boring. At least make it something like a tv title and have it be defended every week.

Realistically you figure they won't do it 'cause they wanna put the focus on tag team wrestling, not create a trios division.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Realistically you figure they won't do it 'cause they wanna put the focus on tag team wrestling, not create a trios division.

You can differentiate the trios belt and make it more like a belt factions fight for it. DG, DDT and AAA are good examples of how you can make a trios title work and feel different than a tag one. NJPW and RoH are the examples you do not want to follow where the trios belt just feels like something created to make titles matches to fill their events.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You can differentiate the trios belt and make it more like a belt factions fight for it. DG, DDT and AAA are good examples of how you can make a trios title work and feel different than a tag one. NJPW and RoH are the examples you do not want to follow where the trios belt just feels like something created to make titles matches to fill their events.

I like this idea, but to make it work there needs to be four factions minimum, possibly five. So it'd be a long term project.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Fiend v Bryan randomly? I guess that's one way to try and make people boo The Fiend, or its just random and it doesnt lead anyware.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like this idea, but to make it work there needs to be four factions minimum, possibly five. So it'd be a long term project.

Yeah, they have The Elite and The Inner Circle so far. Then The Jurassic Express, Best Friends of OC, Sabian + Hybrid 2 and SCU could become factions. They also have Cima who could make a faction with his proteges once the visas are sorted out. Then they could make something with Marty if he's not going to The Elite.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bliss is absolutely not a top notch talker. Unless you mean top notch in terms of killing crowds. I've seen enough Moments of Bliss to know this. It drains the life out of any crowd.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why the librarians are still a thing in AEW. It's just terrible. Absolutely terrible. Proper cringey shit. They have no heat and it just feels like people want them to go away. Shit like that is embarrassing when I'm trying to get family members to watch AEW.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
My issue with a trios belt is what differentiates it from the tag team title for AEW? They've established a bunch of trios, but basically all of them either include or are a form of one of the tag teams they already have. It seems like it would just be the same teams going for that belt more or less.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Can someone explain why the librarians are still a thing in AEW. It's just terrible. Absolutely terrible. Proper cringey shit. They have no heat and it just feels like people want them to go away. Shit like that is embarrassing when I'm trying to get family members to watch AEW.

I mean, if you have them just watch Dynamite they would basically not even know they exist. Even on Dark they've been complete jobbers. Dynamite is a far better entry point for a new viewer anyway.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Watched AEW Dark. I'm back and forth on Nyla. I wanted to be high on her but her matches have been so-so. Still, her finish for that match was strong.

I'm interested to see what Nyla can do against better opponents. She has worked well with the joshi but if you put her against Leva Bates or Baker it's going to be rough.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My issue with a trios belt is what differentiates it from the tag team title for AEW? They've established a bunch of trios, but basically all of them either include or are a form of one of the tag teams they already have. It seems like it would just be the same teams going for that belt more or less.

It isn't really ideal but I'd probably prefer a Freebirds rule for trios than split another division.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
New midcard belt huh?

Sammy, MJF, Darby or Joey need to get in on this.

Would prefer Janela.

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am still laughing at that njpw trying to ban Kenny from Japan for 10 years thing. Like I don't understand why Dave decided to print that.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm interested to see what Nyla can do against better opponents. She has worked well with the joshi but if you put her against Leva Bates or Baker it's going to be rough.
Nyla is green but has something. This squash match wasn't technically the best but it had a lot of fun character beats like her tossing her opponent into Leva on purpose rather than tagging in, and using her strength to force her opponents to tag. The ending was good. Some of the spots are good.

She definitely needs more time in the ring and is going to look better against skilled opponents, but perhaps people aren't ready for her to go over the joshis yet, and she doesn't need to be losing week after week to them, so we get these squashes.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
lmao at Elgin vs Adonis
Watched AEW Dark. I'm back and forth on Nyla. I wanted to be high on her but her matches have been so-so. Still, her finish for that match was strong. Could last match too, SCU+Cima vs. Hybrid 2+Kip Sabian.

I kind of like the idea of having trios matches as a tool, advance feuds, get stars in the ring together, get a bunch of action. As soon as you have a belt, you start getting into wierd positions when you want to have like, Kenny and the Bucks for example in a trios match to advance a world title feud, and then you're like well why aren't these guys the trios champions if they're the top trio, you know?