• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
EJNzDdvVAAAcNfa

yeah mate, g'day

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the ratings for Backstage like 50k last week? I wonder how much impact he'll have on turning that around.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I honestly doubt that ever happens. I feel like if Punk ever steps back in the ring at all its WWE or bust. I could see Punk eventually being coaxed into a Lesner like deal with limited dates and big paydays. Punk is the one card WWE can play that I feel like would legitimately steal eyeballs from AEW.
It's not like AEW is anywhere close to WWE in terms of ratings

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Seeing Punk so close to Samoa Joe makes me think about the great matches they had in ROH and how far that company has fallen over the years.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The Backstage show is produced by FOX and FOX pays all the people on it, not WWE. So it's not as much of their say. Obviously there's a limit, but it's not really a WWE show.

WWE needs more shows like these. I can't watch these "state-sponsored commentary" shows they develop for the Network. It makes the whole thing even more phony.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm mixed, Wrestle-ERA.

Glad Punk is back in some way, but still kinda wish he went the AEW route with WWE in the shitter lately.

Is this one of those monkey paw things, or the best a bad situation was gonna get?

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
At this rate Vince could order an assassination of a loved one and people would still end up working with wwe again down the road.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Not gonna lie I kinda marked out seeing that WWE Backstage clip. Even though it's not a actual return seeing CM Punk, my childhood favorite wrestler and the guy who made me interested in wrestling on a wrestling related show again made me smile. Though I would have liked to see him on AEW even if he didn't wrestle.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mixed, Wrestle-ERA.

Glad Punk is back in some way, but still kinda wish he went the AEW route with WWE in the shitter lately.

Is this one of those monkey paw things, or the best a bad situation was gonna get?

I feel you, but seeing Punk back in any capacity and hearing that music makes me happy.

They fucked themselves for SS if he doesn't make an appearance though, I can't imagine they won't be bringing the CM Punk chants back now.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Satin says that Gargano/Balor was supposed to happen at Takeover but it's off because Johnny has a neck injury

I've been under the impression that his neck has been FUCKED for a long time, as they have been using him super sparingly. He's had a total of five matches since NXT Takeover New York.

Really it seems similar to what happened with Ciampa.

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
Look who is hitting the gym again 🤔, could AJ cut it with today's talent or would she get the Mickie treatment.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Punk is absolutely coming back for a Blood Money payday and maybe a big Summerslam/Mania match.

He knows he can get paid to do part time shit like Backstage, why bother killing yourself all over again.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Ouch

Going against what ended up as the biggest Monday Night Football game of the year, Raw set a record low for a non-major holiday show, doing 2.06 million viewers last night.

The third hour was the least watched third hour in history, even behind Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

The 26 percent drop in audience from hour one to hour three was the largest in history, but given the excitement of the game, which went into overtime, that isn't a shock either.

Raw was down 16 percent from last year's show on the same week.

8 p.m. 2.36 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.06 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.75 million viewers

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Punk is 100% coming back to WWE at some point, he loves money way too much to ignore the ridiculous 'undeserved' paydays some of these guys are being offered these days. They'll get Hunter to lay down for him to sweeten the deal and we'll have our part timer main event of WM sorted!

He made the joke years ago that he'd quit so he could become a part timer then he might actually get to main event things but the reality is - he was absolutely serious. :P

I'm really happy to see him back even just talking about wrestling again, he'll have fun on that show shitting all over the Rusev and Lana bullshit. And it's WWE so there is always A LOT of that kinda bullshit to use as material. Renee giggling the whole time and drunk Paige yelling at the screen, sounds way more fun than Raw.

The real story here is now AJ can come back and continue the career cut short by a whole lot of shitty circumstances that were not her own. A career I feel she really would have had fun with if she had just made it even a few more years at least. :(

AJ vs Becky, book it!

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you.

And I have said this before, people think they want Punk back. I don't think if he returns to wrestling proper, people will still want it in the end.

People didn't really want Sting in the end either

Didn't stop it from happening

There's just too much money in it for Punk and WWE is gonna turn to him as a ratings trick because he's one of the last ones left

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Punk is most likely getting that Lesnar deal someday , if he does , good for him , it's the smart thing to do.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PWInsider saying that Punk is signed to FOX and it was a FOX decision, but WWE gave their blessing.

CM Punk's return on WWE Backstage tonight was kept a secret from everyone on camera with the exception of Renee Young as a way to prevent the return from leaking. Obviously, FOX was successful.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Punk signed a deal with FOX but has not signed anything with World Wrestling Entertainment as of this writing.

The decision to bring Punk on was 100% a FOX call, but we are told that WWE gave the return their personal blessing. The two sides had circled on a deal but it was finally completed within the last few days.

And then we have Seth. lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
no Balor v Gargano at Takeover is super disapointing.

Balor v Ciampa v Cole if there's no men Wargames match?