• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
6K0OzOd.gif

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh god I forgot about BJW's booking, that's another gong show.

I ultimately don't think there's too much of a difference between the way wrestling and genre film fans consume their content. We're all a bit obsessive and if you don't enjoy the formula then the formula does wear thin. Just gotta find your thing.

NJPW was a gateway for a lot of people and I do think people are just reaching their natural endpoint. Not that I can actually base it on anything.
I agree with you, mate. I think we are all just kinda expressing why we are enjoying X and why we aren't really digging Y anymore.

Like you said a day or two ago, there would probably be a lot more bitterness if there were more than like 4-5 of us who routinely watched stuff outside of WWE/AEW/NJPW.

Thankfully, we don't have to deal with that, yet! *edit* not sure I should say thankfully. I'd be happy if more people watched more wrestling.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you, mate. I think we are all just kinda expressing why we are enjoying X and why we aren't really digging Y anymore.

Like you said a day or two ago, there would probably be a lot more bitterness if there were more than like 4-5 of us who routinely watched stuff outside of WWE/AEW/NJPW.

Thankfully, we don't have to deal with that, yet!

There's always FMW clips on youtube friend!

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I yell into the void about Stardom booking all the time

I mean shit, Momo hasn't held a title in like at least six months

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
For how over an act they are.

Jurassic Express takes more Ls than Omega.

They'll start racking up some wins now that Luchasaurus is back for sure. I trust the Bucks and Cody know what they have. They've shown it with Darby, and they're showing it now with Scorpio Sky. Can't wait for those dudes to have another title to fight for.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I only watched the first season of Lucha Underground but man it was so cool. I agree that I would be totally into a completely new presentation like that. It would be more interesting to me than what AEW is selling.

It would also get 400,000 viewers. Hard to do a show with a high production level like that if the audience is limited. They would need to figure out a way to make it appealing to a mass audience.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
My interest on njpw is seeing what they do with shingo, will,ZSJ and evil and Jay white next year.

They are poised to have a big year next year.

Also Jungle Kyona is a bigger loser than naito :(

Oct 25, 2017
What is wrong with you.

Post a link of a 1 or 2 hour show you'd recommend I watch, please.

Check out any of the anniversary shows. They're usually short cuts of entire events and are a good way to see FMW evolve a bit from it's initial phase up to what it ended up finishing as.

I think Funk vs Onita barbed wire exploding match is a classic

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"The booking is bad because it's not the way I the most knowledgeable of puroresu fans would book it. "

The hand wringing about booking in this thread is constantly hilarious.

people want their favorite wrestlers to win and are disappointed when they lose

imagine that

marks

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I think late 90s I think of fire and steel and crushed blacks. Hardly the neon soaked "Times Square" look that modern wrestling goes for.

That's aesthetic, it's just one part of the overall presentation and the most likely to change with the times - there's a bunch of other ways that wrestling shows could be trying to do something different, but for the most part they don't. TV wrestling largely has the same setting, the same feel, the same format as it's had or over 20 years at this point.

Are you saying you miss Lucha Underground? Because all I'm hearing here is "I miss Lucha Underground."

Essentially, yes. I miss Lucha Underground's attempts to break the mould, but the show itself went off the rails waaaay too quickly.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Mate, I don't think I can do that. But look, this isn't the most insane thing ever. But if you can't get the emotions from the finish you hate wrestling.

Check out any of the anniversary shows. They're usually short cuts of entire events and are a good way to see FMW evolve a bit from it's initial phase up to what it ended up finishing as.

I think Funk vs Onita barbed wire exploding match is a classic

Thank you both. I have a friend who has some FMW DVDs. Might ask him to borrow a couple just for the hell of it.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched Tanahashi vs Suzuki from KoPW 2012 earlier, it easily holds up as one of the best of the decade. I've got a bunch more to rewatch, but I'm fairly confident this'll be towards the top of my top 10 when I'm done.

41mW55X.gif

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm way softer on DDT's booking than I was with New Japan's, admittedly. For some reason when it comes to DDT, I generally don't care what they do as long as I have fun watching the shows, which I do. That's not to say I don't have some concerns (primarily that Endo will just be used as a stepping stone for Takeshita's dream match with Kenny), but overall I'm pretty much okay with whatever DDT does.

(Except YarouZ. I'll continue to pretend that doesn't exist.)

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I'm way softer on DDT's booking than I was with New Japan's, admittedly. For some reason when it comes to DDT, I generally don't care what they do as long as I have fun watching the shows, which I do. That's not to say I don't have some concerns (primarily that Endo will just be used as a stepping stone for Takeshita's dream match with Kenny), but overall I'm pretty much okay with whatever DDT does.

I think, ultimately, this is where we all land, friendbrother.

Outside of everything. We have one, golden, Platonic transcendent match to look forward to..

Takanashi vs Kodaka.

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When my 20 best wrestler list of the last 20 years comes out you will all see the greatness of tanahashi.

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Tanahashi vs Suzuki from KoPW 2012 earlier, it easily holds up as one of the best of the decade. I've got a bunch more to rewatch, but I'm fairly confident this'll be towards the top of my top 10 when I'm done.

41mW55X.gif

Did you like their IC match from Sapporo 2018? I feel like a lot of people hated it but i found it to be a great showcase of wrestling and in-ring work.

Oct 25, 2017

elaborae on YarouZ?