• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
No, there's no Takeover that weekend.

aKWltY2.gif

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I fully support Gisele Shaw's bridge on her Reverse Figure Four so she can get better leverage on her opponents leg

rL2p4sB.jpg

If she keep on improving at the rate she has this year I could see her being one of the best in the world some time in the future

Edit: Also the dynamic of Jetta doing her very best to take it easy on Mei, but Mei's goblin nature meaning that she continuing incited Jetta, then the crowd siding with the rookie whenever Jetta responded was very good. Plus there were a lot of cool innovative little things in the match like Jetta using the momentum of her Aeroplane Spin to shove Mei into the turnbuckle and the finish.

Edit 2: Nicole Savoy's the bess even though I love Di Matteo. I can see why people might have thought it was a little slow but I thought the match was great.

Shaw is a superstar in the making

And Savoy is the best women's wrestler in the United States

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Shaw is a superstar in the making

And Savoy is the best women's wrestler in the United States

Watching the SHE-1 I came to the conclusion that Shaw nailed a power style, then went technical with limb based focus on the next night, then on the 4th show finally displayed her Lucha inspired high flying prowess, then before I could make a post about it she cut a promo fucking stating it. Her heeling was so flipping good.

I always really appreciated Savoy because her endless suplex style really spoke to me then I also like submission focus, but good God more recently her charisma has really spoke to me in a way my early days of supporter didn't expect.

Outside of EVE Tam/Arisa vs Jamie/Bea's really flipping good. It ends with Tam cutting a promo and improvising with a crying baby and it's the best.

Last edited:

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Ohno vs Bate fucking slapped. Best TV match I've seen this week.

UK Takeover card looks OK. The tag and men's divisions could use some fresh blood soon. Would rather WALTER face Dragunov because the match would be better but Dragunov hasn't gotten over like he did in WXW... at least not yet. Only really hyped for
Bate vs Devlin
I hope they go all in on Devlin and build him up to face WALTER next year. There's a small chance of the women's match stealing the show if they are all 100%. Tag match will likely be great but it's just another variation of all the previous tag title feuds because the division lacks depth.
Why hasn't Dragunov on nxt na yet? I know that he is getting to the main event scene soon but I thought Triple H would want to push him to the main card asap given his physics.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Despite the issues with Stardom booking the Tam/Arisa program has been perfect. Their tag league win and response to it was so good and they've got plenty of places they can go after it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the SHE-1 I came to the conclusion that Shaw nailed a power style, then went technical with limb based focus on the next night, then on the 4th show finally displayed her Lucha inspired high flying prowess, then before I could make a post about it she cut a promo fucking stating it. Her heeling was so flipping good.

I always really appreciated Savoy because her endless suplex style really spoke to me then I also like submission focus, but good God more recently her charisma has really spoke to me in a way my early days of supporter didn't expect.

Outside of EVE Tam/Arisa vs Jamie/Bea's really flipping good. It ends with Tam cutting a promo and improvising with a crying baby and it's the best.

I got to see 3 Nicole Matthews vs Nicole Savoy matches live in person this year <3

And I saw Miyu Yamashita vs Shaw live in person <3
Savoy has it all
Shaw has it all

Oct 26, 2017
UK
What about...hm. But then there's... Oh, wait, I kno...

Nah, this might just be correct. She's certainly one of my favorites.

Savoy, Kris, Jordynne, Rosa, and Mendez.

Who are genuinely the best US scene women not in the big (not TNA) feds right now?

I got to see 3 Nicole Matthews vs Nicole Savoy matches live in person this year <3

And I saw Miyu Yamashita vs Shaw live in person <3
Savoy has it all
Shaw has it all

You're truly blessed.
I'd kind of like to think Nicole had a huge influence in how Nicole addresses crowds now given her lip.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oney Lorcan has requested his release from WWE. Seems to ben happening a lot lately. Like others before him, I doubt this will be granted.

Hope he eventually pops up in AEW. He's fucking great.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the WWE locker room. It'd be interesting to know just how many people want out but don't say anything. I'm sure there are plenty who are just happy to collect the paycheck.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I fully support Gisele Shaw's bridge on her Reverse Figure Four so she can get better leverage on her opponents leg

rL2p4sB.jpg

If she keep on improving at the rate she has this year I could see her being one of the best in the world some time in the future

Edit: Also the dynamic of Jetta doing her very best to take it easy on Mei, but Mei's goblin nature meaning that she continuing incited Jetta, then the crowd siding with the rookie whenever Jetta responded was very good. Plus there were a lot of cool innovative little things in the match like Jetta using the momentum of her Aeroplane Spin to shove Mei into the turnbuckle and the finish.

Edit 2: Nicole Savoy's the bess even though I love Di Matteo. I can see why people might have thought it was a little slow but I thought the match was great.
Was cool to get to see Savoy work finally, she's good! Wish she was still champ and brought the belt though 😢
Flammable D SHE-1 was good. The final didn't hit me as much as last years and Millie was kinda not that great throughout for me (Martinez should have got it out of the final three despite not really being a big fixture in EVE) but it's more than worth watching for the bracket matches. Gisele was probably my MVP but Jetta, Jazz, Mei, Di Matteo, Martinez, Kinney, Savoy, Blaze, Ayesha, Lulu, and Baliyan all killed it.
Yeah Shaw really held the weekend together I think. I can see being a little underwhelmed by Mille (and Laura as well) but I thought they did fine
Jazz vs Mei was perfect.

It's awesome to see one of the standard bearers for women's wrestling in the US during hard time work so fucking well with a Japanese rookie brought up on a 4 by 8cm matt.

I'd love for Jazz to tour Japan, she needs to go against the other Mei.
Jazz should totally get a run somewhere. My fave match of the weekend I think. Love that Jazz got in on the Resistance Gallery wall action

So Oney Lorcan requested his release after he worked wXw WTTF.
Us booing him must have shook him.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I always liked Lorkin. Only seen him live once in front of a hometown Boston crowd though. Hopefully he can get out and we can see what his actual ceiling is vs the one WWE imposed on him. I'd love to see him run the indies for a while and find himself, then move on somewhere else.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
yeah, he was pastor. The guy he was feuding with was at progress start, left and then came back sometime in the 30s. He led a small stable program with ligero, mastiff, and Gibson.
Oh, Nathan Cruz? Yeah that was a while ago

What happened, uhh he had that "I've got a secret" JBL/Michaels angle with Sebastian which ended in a good brawl murder. Pastor got hurt on a dive and was out for a while at the very start of 2018. When he came back, he changed his name to Present William Eaver, and had a new gimmick of being a street preacher essentially, he'd put Twitter videos up of him wandering around London with a handheld speaker preaching about living in the moment, and "today is the greatest day of my life". Over time, this has kind of side stepped into his gimmick just being an obnoxiously annoying loose cannon, he still comes out to the ring with his speaker shouting, but he'll wave the mic in front of it for instance to get feedback. Recently he's acquired an accordion he'll play loudly and demand people pull the other end

A lot of people don't like it but I think it's fun, an unambiguously obnoxious person is a good heel, and I admired the dedication to go out in public with a speaker and be that gimmick

Ring wise, I think he's solid but unexciting. He can hold an end up and throw a few bombs. I think he's better than he was then, but still just a solid low/midcard guy I can't see improving hugely, but I wouldn't want to chuck him out on his arse. I think his main problem is that he doesn't get many reps anymore, at least not in places big enough to get on Cagematch

Now I think about it, brawler might be his spot, like I said that feud ender with Sebastian was good and he had a match recently with Robbo which was similarly brawly and I was shocked how much I enjoyed it

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah Shaw really held the weekend together I think. I can see being a little underwhelmed by Mille (and Laura as well) but I thought they did fine

Millie being the underdog babyface in her matches just really didn't work for me. Last year handled Hayter being a heel that everybody ended up cheering for because everybody fucking hates Nina was so much better.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Dave mentioned during the mailbag segment on WOR that Asuka is very happy right now in WWE.

On the other hand, he's said that it seems Kairi has been telling people backstage she's looking at signing with another promotion once her current deal is up (which should be around Wrestlemania supposedly). So that means one of three things:

A) WWE is going to back up the Brinks truck to get her to sign a new deal
B) She's gonna go back to Japan and work with STARDOM
C) She's gonna get signed by AEW, since she's one of the people Kenny wants to sign the most out of anyone in the world.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Dave mentioned during the mailbag segment on WOR that Asuka is very happy right now in WWE.

On the other hand, he's said that it seems Kairi has been telling people backstage she's looking at signing with another promotion once her current deal is up (which should be around Wrestlemania supposedly). So that means one of three things:

C) She's gonna get signed by AEW, since she's one of the people Kenny wants to sign the most out of anyone in the world.
Wouldn't be surprised if she will leave, their main roster treatment for such a gifted athlete like her has been shit

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

This is a misrepresentation of what he said about Kairi. He said that she's willing to explore other options but he doesn't know that she'll leave. That's different than "she's looking to sign with another promotion when her contract is up".

This is how bad info gets circulated. lol