• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
EJjes-tVUAAlWGT

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
if wwe was doing this i wouldn't give a fuck but i'm pretty interested in this brandi/kong voodoo hair collecting storyline

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Brandi's voodo stuff is garbage

It's garbage in AEW
It'd be garbage in WWE
It'd be garbage in impact
It'd be garbage in Japan
And it'd be HELLA GARBAGE in Lucha

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brandi's voodo stuff is garbage

It's garbage in AEW
It'd be garbage in WWE
It'd be garbage in impact
It'd be garbage in Japan
And it'd be HELLA GARBAGE in Lucha

I don't think Brandi was honestly cut out for pro-wrestling in any degree, sadly. Not great in the ring, character work is bleh. She's a cool person, but that doesn't always translate well.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
mainly because I'm interested to see how they handle this kind of storyline, honestly it's probably not gonna get supernatural or anything, just kong taking trophies from her victims and that's it, but I'm curious about how they would handle a more supernatural story

Yeah, I think it's just a trophy. I'm not sure adding more people to the group elevates the threat when your starting point is Awesome Kong with a knife.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
mainly because I'm interested to see how they handle this kind of storyline, honestly it's probably not gonna get supernatural or anything, just kong taking trophies from her victims and that's it, but I'm curious about how they would handle a more supernatural story

If it's just that, this idea is stupid and they need to drop it faster than WWE needs to drop Rusev being sucked.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Holy freaking shit is that a Spanish fly?

Did they do springboard cutters too??
Hey now. Candice vs Io was probably the best wrestling match of Summerslam weekend, probably across any promotion that ran a show during that timeframe. I think the only way it could have been better is if it was Io vs Kairi instead of Candice being in Kairi's role.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Fredericks & Goto vs Kenta & Yujiro match was good too. Didn't feel like the usual boring tag league match. Fredericks is gonna be special.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
I guess my problem with the Brandi / Kong storyline so far, is it seems like Brandi is the boss and Kong is the enforcer.

So the logic would be that someone eventually beats Kong... and then goes on to have a significantly worse match with Brandi.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I guess my problem with the Brandi / Kong storyline so far, is it seems like Brandi is the boss and Kong is the enforcer.

So the logic would be that someone eventually beats Kong... and then goes on to have a significantly worse match with Brandi.

If it leads to a big babyface win and someone else getting over, it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm being patient.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
The Brandi hysteria is weird because she's had only one match in AEW and even the current angle is taking a few minutes of TV time tops per show. I think people are just projecting worry (eg she's going to book herself to be the #1 focal point ofnthe women's division, she's going to book herself to be champion, she's going to do supernatural shit, etc) when none of this is really coming to fruition. She's basically Kong's manager at this point. I'm fine with it and interested to see where it goes.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Brandi hysteria is weird because she's had only one match in AEW and even the current angle is taking a few minutes of TV time tops per show. I think people are just projecting worry (eg she's going to book herself to be the #1 focal point ofnthe women's division, she's going to book herself to be champion, she's going to do supernatural shit, etc) when none of this is really coming to fruition. She's basically Kong's manager at this point. I'm fine with it and interested to see where it goes.
This is my take too. Considering the concerns stated you'd think she was in Britts position or something. She's had little screen time without Cody and while this gimmick is dumb it's her managing Kong which is fine.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
any minute that Brandi is on the screen is a minute better given to someone else

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Leva is worse than Brandi

No upside

Years of experience

w o r t h l e s s

without value

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She's great at it. I'm being patient with this story. You'd think Brandi was god awful with how some people talk about her. Let's see where this goes before passing judgment.
No we should pass judgement on the gimmick. It's dumb. We know that. AEW shown they'll listen eventually so it's important we say that.

Brandi managing Kong is fine though. They should just play that straight.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck lol

gotta watch the rest of this tonight, I had just enough time to watch all the mediocre stuff from the first hour. #nonewfriends is not it
yeah the first 3 matches weren't it. Ison/Lawlor underdelivered. Narita/Velasquez onwards the show is fuckin great, awkward post-intermission card reshuffling aside

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll are too hard on Leva. She's fine as a comedy face feeder to job to bigger stars. She's found her niche. At least she's not like Nia Jax or Alexa Bliss, for example, being in the main event scene. I'm sure you can think of equally shitty male wrestlers than ya'll still enjoy watching.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
The entire locker room was watching his match and loving it, so good

I turned around while Dom and Drake were punching each other in the face in the main and Bonnar was just watching over my shoulder. Hope he's taking notes for Bloodsport

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the first 3 matches weren't it. Ison/Lawlor underdelivered. Narita/Velasquez onwards the show is fuckin great, awkward post-intermission card reshuffling aside
Ison/Lawlor was a bummer. feel like they have a better one in them, maybe

and I think i've seen enough to say... Danhausen is also not it. idk, people like him and he seems nice or whatever but not for me