• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't finished Origins yet, but I kind of just hope they continue with where they are right now. I'm a-okay with them pulling an AC2-Brotherhood-Revelations and sticking with one character across various locations. I remember last year's leaks for Origins mentioned
Greece and Rome
as possible locations, so maybe seeing
Rome in a much earlier period than in AC2 and Brotherhood
would be cool if it isn't actually in Origins.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought for a while that a game set in early 1980s New York would be amazing and who is going to do it if not AC?

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
They made the right call to explore the classical age with new mechanics and technology and I'm cool if they want to stay there for a few installments.

But to throw another interesting option into the mix: 19th century India as the British Raj tries to stomp out the remaining rebellions. Might be a chance to take the themes of AC3 and Syndicate and do them more justice.

B3NB4IL

Oct 27, 2017
Warwickshire, UK
Assassin's Creed: Chav's of Soho. A modern day setting where you play as a hooded young adult, waving around their zippo shouting, "Ey mate, wanna say that to mah face!?"

Assassin's Creed: Caveman. An Assassin has to stop the Ice Age, saving Manny and Sid in the process.

Assassin's Creed: Hitman. Basically a modern setting, but a James Bond sorta assassin who is far more agile than Agent 47.

Bionicman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about Japan, or anything far East for that matter. AC lore was always influenced by the three monotheistic religions and the Middle East, not sure how the far East would fit in lore wise. But gameplay wise it would be very cool. AC4 was awesome and it was very story light.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I feel like people have been asking for feudal Japan for years. C'mon Ubisoft, give the people what they want!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
An Asian setting would be cool. India, China, Japan... all good options. But I wouldn't mind a Norse AC either. The era I'm personally the most interested in, though, is the Mediterranean and Middle East during, say, 1000 BC - 500 AD. But I feel that may be too close to what already has been done. That, or there may not be enough historical sources to build a game around. Still, an AC set in the region of Babylon during the rise of the Achaemenid Empire would be fantastic.

My biggest wish is a full-fledged female protagonist. I was (and honestly still am) bummed that they once again opted for a male lead in Origins. Before the game's reveal, I was sure they would follow up on Syndicate and go with a female lead.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
China during the Communist Revolution

Oh no....why would you ever want that...?

文化大革命 (Cultural Revolution, aka Communist Revolution) is the darkest period of Chinese history, millions of people died and suffered during that time, students torture their teachers, murder their parents, all in the name of Mao, it was literally hell.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Came here to Japan but Vikings sound so cool. I just don't know enough about Viking culture to really know what an assassin's would look like.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I was sad they jumped ahead to Victorian England. I would have loved a combination of Unity with a similar era London, that also included the sea battles of the Napoleonic wars. I guess anyone who knows the nature of my username could understand why I'd be interested in that.

1920s New York would be an interesting setting. Though one would be in danger of essentially becoming Batman.

Eion

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck all that historic shit, I'd kill for a cyberpunk AC. It's the only thing that would make me interested in AC since AC2.

Mr.Flufferson

Oct 25, 2017
Vikings sounds cool but for me the best parts of AC is climbing the beautiful architecture of the city and I'm not sure that would fit with vikings. I think Feudal Japan would be great. Honestly I would be ok if they just made up an entirely new fantasy or sci-fi city to climb and explore in.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
It really has to be Japan. At some point they must stop beating around the bush with the one setting everyone is demanding.

Vikings....? I mean between God of War, Horizon, parts of The Witcher III, and Hellblade, we've had a lot of vikings lately. Feudal Japan is actually now a pretty rare setting in games.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Viking time period sounds like the best idea. I Honestly can't think of any other setting in the past that won't feel samey since they've already tackled pretty much all the past era's and locations I can think of in some way. Unless they pull an Assassin's Creed "future warfare" and set in a futuristic timeline which would be pretty damn cool...gimme dat open world cyber punk setting ubi!

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I would find Meiji Japan more interesting than Feudal Japan.

I'll throw a curve ball and say Korea?

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Modern Day: The Templars have lost control of their Puppet President. The world is in chaos as the relics of previous eras have gone missing. The assassin's use the chaos of the day to move against the Templars in a final battle?

CthulhuSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I feel like the developers should take notice of the anticipation for this game after taking a year off, and then take another or maybe even two years off and really polish the next game. Something in Asia would be cool, or possibly Russia? As long as we don't end up in Europe again.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
China, India, and Japan, in that order. If they're feeling up to the challenge, meld them together into a giant mutant map that you navigate with a pirate boat.

Deadpool

Oct 27, 2017
I always said in those polls and threads on Ubis forums that Egypt was sooooo way out front in number one. And to be honest I hope we see more from it too before they move on (like another Ezio trilogy).

That said, my second pick was Feudal Japan as the potential there is basically just as great.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I'd much rather have China than Japan. Becuase actual ninjas would be way too obvious. I like that they put ninja-ish characters in settings where ninjas weren't a thing.

I'd like an actual tenchu game though

Oct 27, 2017
Roman Empire (think the movie 300) or Japan. There are a lot of good directions Ubisoft could go in. Modern would be interesting if done correctly, but I'd prefer they kept it in different time periods.

RedFoxx

Oct 25, 2017
I can think of a lot of historical places...

Feudal Japan, Pre-colonial India, China during the invasion, Mesopotamia, Inca Empire, Mayan Empire right before the collapse is a favorite... there's a lot of history of the world to mine out.

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
Anywhere in East Asia.

Japan being the obvious one. It's been requested so many times already, just do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, World War I or World War II would be really interesting. You could have some pretty unique elements in terms of scenery, and I would be pretty interested in how they would mix more modernish types of weaponry with old-school assassin gear. I don't know why, but I always have this image of an assassin wearing an army helmet with an M1 Garand, sporting a hidden blade.

Without spoiling too much, we gotten glimpses of it already and a couple of games, and I really think it's a concept they should run with. I'm always for the ever popular feudal Japan sort of deal as well

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
*insert obvious Japan comment*

Russian Revolution would be cool or something in Africa, they touched on the culture of African people/slaves/all that in an AC 4 expansion but it would be cooler to see it fleshed out. I always learn a lot about various time periods and cultures in these games, would be cool to see Africa in any time period. Could almost do a Black Panther type game without having to get the rights from Marvel!

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I'd like to stay in Africa actually. The continent has a wealth of ethnicities and backgrounds to choose from. Japan is super played out and Shao Jin already exists. If not Africa then South America.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Three Kingdoms (China) or Samurai/Ninja (Japan)

Thirty Years War set in the German principalities within the Holy Roman Empire would be interesting!

As seen above obviously something eastern.

Also, what about Aztecs? (did I write that correctly? not familiar with the English word). You would have to work with fewer historical facts but that would open up the design for a lot of different things because you can stay true to history while filling in some holes that we simply don't know yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Tzarist/Revolutionary Russia would be a great setting. I know one of the Assassin's Creed: Chronicles games did it, but I would love to have a fully fledged game on it.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Even though it wouldn't be possible for lore reasons (only being able to go backwards *sigh*) i would love a futuristic setting.

Otherwise, Ancient Greece or Japan.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though it wouldn't be possible for lore reasons (only being able to go backwards *sigh*) i would love a futuristic setting.

Otherwise, Ancient Greece or Japan.

They could probably come up with some scientific reason or create a separate universe. They simply went so far back in time that it looped back and they ended up far in the future. At best they would then not use the typical future setting but paint a world where everything is plant based.