• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They could probably come up with some scientific reason or create a separate universe. They simply went so far back in time that it looped back and they ended up far in the future. At best they would then not use the typical future setting but paint a world where everything is plant based.
I mean yeah, they could come up with some excuse haha.

I honestly think Ancient Greece would be their next location.
It's a somewhat popular setting and they have so much mythology to draw from

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean yeah, they could come up with some excuse haha.

I honestly think Ancient Greece would be their next location.
It's a somewhat popular setting and they have so much mythology to draw from
Sure, but I think they should move more east. We have seen so many western titles in the series already.
Doubt the excuse even would be that difficult as they have pulled some "fast ones" in the past already. =P
I honestly wouldn't care much if it "makes sense" and "looks logical", especially if the art and the game is good.

Oct 27, 2017
I know it would require a fair deal of reworking when it comes to the core gameplay, but I've always wanted an Assaains Creed set during the Russian revolution.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sure, but I think they should move more east. We have seen so many western titles in the series already.
Doubt the excuse even would be that difficult as they have pulled some "fast ones" in the past already. =P
I honestly wouldn't care much if it "makes sense" and "looks logical", especially if the art and the game is good.
I mean, does anyone care about the modern day / animus stuff?

They should just stay in historical settings. Would have been much better

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'd love for them to do American Revolution again, but if it has to be something new I'd say South American in late 18th century/early 19th during the independence wars.

That or something more modern such as 70's NYC or WW2.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Given how much they love the whole sailing thing, a Vikings setting seems most likely.

Personally I'd love any Asian setting whatsoever located to the east of Arabia, be it Iran, India, China, Japan, SE Asia, you name it.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, does anyone care about the modern day / animus stuff?

They should just stay in historical settings. Would have been much better
I would care if they had two worlds on top of each other and you influence them both ways or at least one way. This would open up so much design space for them to go crazy with everything.
Some influences shouldn't be that obvious, others faster, others slower, etc. . Just opens up so much.
They could make the world smaller while adding a few different "timelines" due to important events changing.

Oct 27, 2017
I want a legit mainline AC game set in China, starring Shao Jun. I know she had that 2D spinoff game but she deserves better. I would also like a Feudal Japan game, like everyone else.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the three 2D ones could have been settings for full games. Russia maybe less, but China and India would've been cool. As to something new? Maybe something in Spain (don't think of the movie)

SpartacusMD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feudal japan....

Himeji-Castle-Japan-7.jpg

I wanna climb it!!!

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
I expect that they could make nearly every setting work, but considering the backstory, I think I would like to see the last days of the Aztec empire vs. Spain.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Japan for sure. Would be perfect for the series.

Feudal Japan...it's about time. (First Post!)

Playing a ninja-assassin in feudal japan could be very nice.
Otherwise it could be interesting to have some less common type of setting, like India before English colonization or subsaharian Africa.

I still would really love to see Japan Samurai era done in their style.

Japan and Samurai's would be bad ass.

Just gonna echo everyone else and say feudal Japan. I want my 2018 open world Tenchu!

Japan. Be a pretty cool setting, and I'd love to see AC'S take.

Japan. Nothing else matters :)

Absolutely Feudal Japan. Gotta have that shinsengumi templars

Japan, i want everyone to be Gintama characters.

Feudal Japan for sure. I know they really didn't want to do years ago but now might be the time.

Feudal Japan, please!!

Japan...i want ninjas...boats and katanas.....or modern day /futuristic

Hope Ubisoft gets the hint :)

Sorry in advance for the long post.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
For popular locations, feudal Japan or Greece, probably. Otherwise, then something like Mesopotamia.
Mesopotamian ruins right now look incredibly drab color-wise (like most other ruins anyway), but back then some were stunning, like the Ishtar Gate:

ishtar-gate-pergamon-museum1.jpg

Those strong blues and yellows could look stunning.

Oct 25, 2017
Feudal Japan makes so much sense. You have Jesuits, which could easily be Templars infiltrating Japan for the relics and creating instability, and the Hattori Clan being all Shinobi / Assassins trying to orchestrate / stop them from the shadows.

This sounds uber cheesy, but there's lots of wiggle room to insert the Templars / Assassin's feud into so many of the conflicts throughout feudal Japan, it almost writes itself.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
seeing as even the ancient egypt wasnt enough to make the series exciting for me again, id like to see them really shake things up.

like a cold war era, pulpy spy asscreed would be interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a rumor that Ubisoft's plan is to make a trilogy starting with Origins,
set in Ancient greece and Ancient Rome
So yeah, doubt there will be a Feudal Japan Assassins Creed

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the fact that this series still hasn't touched japan baffles me..you would think it would be the perfect setting..way more than industrial era London at least

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Portuguese Golden Age, maybe leading up to the earthquake in Lisbon (which is allready part of the AC lore in, I think, Rogue?).Would love a story about an Empire and it's colonies, where you are a explorer between those lands). MIght be a touchy subject though, and it's pretty close to what the Kenway-trilogy did.

WoollyTitan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maldovarium
It's been said a million times, but...Japan. Obviously. And I wouldn't even put it during the Edo period. Assassin's Creed games have always benefited from a war/strife setting, so something like the Meiji revolution would be PERFECT. Plenty of recognizable historical figures + an already present cabal of stealth and assassination experts in ninjas = ASSASSIN'S CREED.

So, like, why not?

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Japan.

Although I have to say after playing Assassin's Creed: China I wouldn't mind a fully fledged Assassin's Creed set in China.

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Russia 1905-1917

sadly was already delegated to spinoffs and comics. So many amazing characters and events they could use, Rasputin as a classic villain who would have access to Eden artifacts. I always thought Russia would be a great setting after Unity because of all the assets they could reuse for that. They went west and chose London for that.

I could see something close to the Egypt setting if they want to reuse assets for future projects. Not sure if AC is still on a development-cycle.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Egyptian setting is very attractive to me but sadly the game is moving further away from what I want in a game about assassinations.

Ignoring this major hangup, I'd take anything African or Asian (Far East). I feel we've been dealing with Western civilization for a long time now so Origina is definitely a breath of fresh air and I hope they stay this course.

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
Some great suggestions so far.

Shogun era Japan is a no-brainer
Mayan/Aztec
Russian Revolution(s)
WWII set around North Africa maybe?