• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Japan would be cool. But Ubisoft has said that it isn't a good setting, so we will probably not get it.

I'd like an AC game with vikings. But I'd fear there will be too much naval combat.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, Japan is obviously where it needs to go. Imagine sneaking around and stealth killing with shurikens and katanas ninja style. Maybe they could do a hybrid ninja/assassins creed outfit .. I'm very bad at history, did samurais and ninjas exist in the same time period?

I'm no expert by any means, but having played Tenchu and Shogun Total War games and watched countless movies I would say yes.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm.
Egypt was one of my biggest ones (would have also liked for god of war)

Outside of that, I would like an AC taking place in modern day or even better futuristic at least once.

As for past eras they could go to. Around the time of Greek mythology would be cool, as they're fine with Origins having mythological beasts now it seems.
Feudal Japan as others have, Also has potential to be good.

Also first post! :D

Subxero

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I would like to see a Norse Viking or a Japanese Samurai.

As long as they avoid one in modern times I'm good. It would just end up being Watchdogs or GTA. That's kinda boring.

Last edited:

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
I'd love if the game somehow found itself on the moon, or on some sort of space colony etc..
I think this would be the way to go if they decide to do anthing in the future. Moon or Mars colony. The red planet could set up for a really cool setting in particular -- and the sci-fi suit design for the assassin could end up looking really cool.

I can see entire cities in interconnected domes and buildings that have oxygen, and when you venture out, you can explore Mars and encounter others who are out scavenging the inhospitably cold desert of the planet. The outfit is probably designed in a way where upon leaving any enclosed space -- a mask goes over the assassin's face.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Antarctic, freezing temperatures. I guess we've already seen snow throughout some of the AC games. Japan/China also seems like a good option.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I hope we get Greece next. Im only a few hours in, but it would be nice to see the characters last more than one game.

After that I'd be down for any of the suggestions that have been posted.
Africa, South America, India, China, Japan, Russia, Vikings, all sound like they'd be amazing to me.

I hope they skip 2018 and do another Collection release for Ps4/x1. Perhaps the next one will be a cross gen title.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I think this would be the way to go if they decide to do anthing in the future. Moon or Mars colony. The red planet could set up for a really cool setting in particular -- and the sci-fi suit design for the assassin could end up looking really cool.

I can see entire cities in interconnected domes and buildings that have oxygen, and when you venture out, you can explore Mars and encounter others who are out scavenging the inhospitably cold desert of the planet. The outfit is probably designed in a way where upon leaving any enclosed space -- a mask goes over the assassin's face.

Exactly how I envisioned it. I think it'd be absolutely incredible and a nice break from the current old settings we've seen many times now in this series

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
It's actually been represented in the series before in the comics. Assassin's Creed Templars, to be exact. It's an interesting setting.

As an ethnic Chinese I can tell you it is not, the revolution is hell, for everyone, even for people who support the communist party. You have no idea what it's like, it's not some happy French revolution where people are dancing and singing while marching on the street.

Students murdering and torturing their teachers, they make their teachers eat feces and insects, they even make them rape each other.
Young kids cut off their own arms and legs so they don't have to join the revolution and start killing people. Temples and monuments destroyed, books and library burned, culture being wiped out, religion and tradition erased, millions of people starved to death, people start eating and selling other people's children....In the final days of the revolution the red guards (aka students who support the party) start fighting each other, everyday you can find dead bodies of young boys and girls on the street, the girls were usually raped too after being killed in the fight. It is the very definition of hell and chaos. The spirit of revolution has become completely twisted.

Over half of the Chinese people you see in the US, UK and Australia today are only there because their family want to escape from the revolution. You think their family move to the west for fun?

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight...let-dark-deeds-cultural-revolution-come-light

Maybe this will shed some light for you.

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
As an ethnic Chinese I can tell you it is not, the revolution is hell, for everyone, even for people who support the communist party. You have no idea what it's like, it's not some happy French revolution where people are dancing and singing while marching on the street.

Students murdering and torturing their teachers, women raped, temples and monuments destroyed, books and library burned, culture being wiped out, religion and tradition erased, millions of people starved to death, people start eating and selling other people's children....It is the very definition of evil and chaos.

Over half of the Chinese people you see in the US, UK and Australia today are only there because their family want to escape from the revolution. You think their family move to the west for fun?

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight...let-dark-deeds-cultural-revolution-come-light

I didn't mean to sound callous and I am very well aware of the atrocities committed during ( and in the name of) the cultural revolution. What I meant is that in Templars the setting was used in an interesting way. I never implied that it was a fun period in history or anything of the sort.

However, I must also say that you characterizing the French revolution as "happy" is... not exactly accurate.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want it, Japan is the VERY last place they're going to do. If I recall correctly they said they don't want to do it.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still want feudal Japan at some point. I am just not sure they would do a good job on it.

Fuck it, just give me a new Tenchu.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Students murdering and torturing their teachers, they make their teachers eat feces and insects, they even make them rape each other.
Young kids cut off their own arms and legs so they don't have to join the revolution and start killing people. Temples and monuments destroyed, books and library burned, culture being wiped out, religion and tradition erased, millions of people starved to death, people start eating and selling other people's children....In the final days of the revolution the red guards (aka students who support the party) start fighting each other, everyday you can find dead bodies of young boys and girls on the street, the girls were usually raped too after being killed in the fight. It is the very definition of hell and chaos. The spirit of revolution has become completely twisted.

That sounds absolutely awful.

But I'd also like to stress the French Revolution was far from peaceful. While it started off fairly peacefully, after a few years it spiralled out of controlled and kangaroo courts, political executions, crazed mobs and mass drownings became the norm. Frontfighters of the revolution in the early days were labeled as royalist conservatives only years later and subjected to the guillotine. In the Vendée region alone 200.000 people were killed during the uprisings. Not to mention the millions of deaths caused by the Coalition Wars which were a result of the nationalist fervour which had overtaken Revolutionary France.

So yeah, no need for any romantics about the French Revolution.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I didn't mean to sound callous and I am very well aware of the atrocities committed during ( and in the name of) the cultural revolution. What I meant is that in Templars the setting was used in an interesting way. I never implied that it was a fun period in history or anything of the sort.

However, I must also say that you characterizing the French revolution as "happy" is... not exactly accurate.

I know you mean no harm, but it's just disturbing to see such real and dark period being used in a freaking Assassin's Creed game.

That sounds absolutely awful.

But I'd also like to stress the French Revolution was far from peaceful. While it started off fairly peacefully, after a few years it spiralled out of controlled and kangaroo courts, political executions, crazed mobs and mass drownings became the norm. Frontfighters of the revolution in the early days were labeled as royalist conservatives only years later and subjected to the guillotine. In the Vendée region alone 200.000 people were killed during the uprisings. Not to mention the millions of deaths caused by the Coalition Wars which were a result of the nationalist fervour which had overtaken Revolutionary France.

So yeah, no need for any romantics about the French Revolution.

I apologize for that. Didn't know French revolution has a dark side like this.

but at least they didn't wiped out their own entire culture and tradition in favor of communism. The estimated death toll of the cultural revolution is 45 million by the way, none of them died in a war, it's either murder or starvation.

Last edited:

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a leak saying that Origins was the first in a trilogy, with Greece and Rome next? Ancient Rome would be pretty great.

Temujen1975

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think one based during the fall of the Precursors could be cool too. It would let them do a sci-fi fantasy with lots of crazy stuff.

I agree, but that won't happen, I think, because they would have to actually settle on a timeline and provide information about the Precursors instead of the muddled mess they've shown until now.

AnimalFather

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would have said Neo-Tokyo / futuristic setting but CDPR has got that covered.

Honestly non. I'm dead tired of the franchise. Stopped at AC3.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Japanese with ninjas, Norse with Vikings - I'd be down for either of those. I'd love to see the 'here in the future' bits be at the game's start and end, not interspersed in the middle.

Namiks

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The franchise got awfully stale for me at Assassin's Creed 3.

That said, I agree with those that are saying a Chinese or Japanese setting would be great.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan or China.

The assassin's are basically ninjas. So it would be cool to be a proper one. They could even introduce more magical/supernatural stuff into gameplay, like disappearing, advanced acrobatics, wtc.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't really mind a return to the Third Crusade. It's such an interesting time period that wasn't fully realized in the first game to me due to Ubisoft being new to open world design, and obviously the series itself. Now that they have the formula down, and more powerful hardware to use, I'd like to see what they could do with it. But if it had to be a whole new setting then India, South America, or Africa during Imperialism and British colonization would be neat.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I apologize for that. Didn't know French revolution has a dark side like this.

but at least they didn't wiped out their own entire culture and tradition in favor of communism. The estimated death toll of the cultural revolution is 45 million by the way, none of them died in a war, it's either murder or starvation.

No need to apologize. The French Revolution is often portrayed in the media as a people's movement flanked by enlightened thinkers which peacefully transitioned France into a republic, with civilians waving French flags to fireworks under the Eiffel Tower. In reality it was a botched attempt at turning France into a constitutional monarchy that went entirely off the rails. If you're interested in the subject I can definitely recommend Mike Duncan's Revolutions podcast, which has a 25 hour chapter dedicated to the French Revolution.

In terms of pure awfulness it would likely lose out to the Chinese Revolution though. And I also agree that it wouldn't be a suitable subject for an Assassin's Creed game.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I feel like we get one of these threads everytime a new AC is released, but, hey, It's really nice to speculate and dream about a next AC setting tho, there's so much potential!

Here's mine:

A Vikings setting, starring a female viking lead, I wouldn't mind if they just ripped off Lagertha from Vikings:

Katheryn-Winnick-stars-as-Lagertha-in-seaosn-4-of-History-Channels-Vikings-670x447.jpg

Also, double down on the RPG elements, put seasons on the game, and make winter very unforgiving, with some survival-lite elements, scavenging and etc and a optional survival/hardcore mode as well.

What about you, guys?

I've always wanted Japan but now that I read your idea I just wanna say Ubisoft please do this. I haven't seen the show but I would love a female viking assassin.

Commander_LP

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I don't know if I would like to see Japan as the scenario for the next AC. I think the ninja and samurai themes are already well used in this media. I like the AC series because it takes me to historical moments not often used in games. Before AC games, I had never played an action-adventure game set in the American or French revolution, not one in the Italian Renaissance, nor had I ever played a "rpg" set in ancient Egypt. But I have played several games that take place in various historical periods of Japan, even if they do not have much historical accuracy.
Maybe if the next AC is set in another location in the east. In Chinese Dynasties or Mongolia, in the era of Genghis Khan.
But if they choose Japan, I will give full support to Ubisoft's interpretation of Japanese culture. Considering that they try to be somewhat faithful to the historical period portrayed. At least on the visual aspect, since the historical moments are relieved in favor of the narrative of the game.
As for the RPG elements, I think they should stay and be expanded in the next. I loved that AC Origins embraced more of these game mechanics, with level up, main quests, side quests, loot.

Last edited:

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Jewish rebellion against Rome. Cover the Zealots and the Sicarii. They're natural predecessors to the Assassins. Hell, start a couple decades before and have the player character see Jesus. Let's dive into that mess.

The first one went to Jerusalem, so it's about time for a refresh I think, plus Jerusalem before being destroyed by Rome is a very different place. It would be an interesting story knowing in advance that ultimately you're fighting a losing battle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xumbrega

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Thanks to all who said that liked my ideas, I honestly brainstormed this a lot today, :P

I mean, even the new Eagle Vision could work on a Vikings setting, just give Huginn and Munnin (Odin's crows) to the female protagonist.
a27bb3dc13d8285c6fc94c6439ebc316--raven-art-the-raven.jpg

One for exploring, collecting resources and the other to use on combat, as distraction or even a direct attack.

Ubisoft if you are reading this and want more ideas hit me up xD

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
You would play a Polish assassin who joins up with Napoleon's army for the invasion of Russia after the liberation of Warsaw to take revenge (of course) for the annexation of your homeland and murder of your loved ones. Why this setting?

- Exploring Warsaw, the Russian countryside and Moscow, sightseeing and climbing opportunities galore.
- A large cast of interesting historical figures from the Grande Arméé, the Polish Legions and the Russian Imperial Army.
- Eastern Europe has been largely ignored in the Assassin's Creed series.
- A clash of different cultures: Poles, French, Prussians and Russians.

Last edited:

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Ancient China or Feudal Japan would be great, but I frankly don't see that happening. My money is on some pre-columbian civilization.

I'd love an AC set in Ancient Persia since they ain't gonna make a new Prince of Persia game ever again.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I probably would say one of three things:

1) AC During WW2. You know that people would be all over the idea that of assassinating a certain someone after all.
2) AC Based in Japan. It feels like we are long overdue to seeing a "Ninja Assassin" and definitely you could place it during the Sengoku Era (if we had to pick one) or any other era.
3) AC in the here and now. I know the draw of the Assassin's Creed Games is going back in time and all, but I feel like we should be at that point where we have one Assassin's Creed game based in Today's World and how that could shape the later entries if it was a thing to where Assassins could be pushed into a corner or if it ends with the Abstergo either collapsing or is sent into a downward spiral.

Definitely alot of options.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a theme but I would love to see them create the cities of Vienna and Prague one day.