• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
From the top of my head COD will be a no brainer but i'd love for developers to allow it in sports titles as well.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Destiny
CoD
FIFA
Madden
The Division 2
Minecraft
Battlefield
Warframe

and importantly, cross saves and progression as well, so if I unlock stuff on the PS4 version of Destiny 2, my PC account should also update and I can carry that on from there

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Monster Hunter World would be really nice. Though I know that's probably not likely.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter World comes to mind since I would be able to play with my brother but obviously everything should have cross play.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Every multiplayer available on both platforms.
- FIFA
- PES
- Madden
- NBA2K
- COD
- Battlefield
- Destiny
- Rocket League
- Minecraft
- Overwatch
- R6 Siege
- For Honor
- GTA V
- ARK
- Smite
- Warframe
- The Elder Scrolls: Online
- Far Cry 5
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- Star Wars Battlefront II
etc. etc. etc.

See how many people will be affected? This is goddamn glorious.

Oct 25, 2017
The only games I want it for, was and has always been, MHW if this became a thing. Wouldn't mind Battlefield and Destiny 2. Other than that, nothing else comes to mind. I still play more SP games than I do MP.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All games, but especially indies and older games with very small userbases. Suddenly uniting all the smaller player pools to make one bigger matchmaking would benefit tons of smaller games. If you pick up the 5 years old Call Of Duty on Xbox One you still find players regardless, it's cool if you can play with PS4 players but it's not necessary to go online. Since there's indies where online is dead mere days after release, they would benefit from a bigger playerbase from the get go for sure.

The two best candidates for an immediate switch-on of the feature are probably Rocket League and Minecraft since they already have everything in place to cross-play between all platforms.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
FF14 so that it comes to other consoles.

I also remember my sister struggling playing MHW online on her Xbox because of the much lower user base compared to PS4, so I guess that one is important too.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV is pretty much guaranteed, back in June there was this...

"While we know that discussions are already happening about other platforms, I wanted to know if there was any update that Yoshida could give us. He noted that they want "as many to play as possible." Discussions are still "ongoing" with all three publishers – Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo – to see if the game can come to Xbox One and Switch with cross-play with the PC and PS4 versions. Yoshida noted he "hopes to announce something as soon as we can."

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Switch and Xbox One ports next year, maybe alongside the next expansion

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Fighting games Fighting games Fighting games Fighting games Fighting games Fighting games Fighting games

Fighting games have criminally small playerbases. This would help them so much! Popular genres like FPS don't need it from a player base standpoint but it would be neat to play with friends crossplatform.

Oct 30, 2017
All of them.

But honestly I think fighting games would benefit alot due to the smaller community in comparison to shooters. Something like Street Fighter 30th Anniversary would benefit alot.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Destiny 2 needs it, have it integrate your account to Battle.net, and add friends on Xbox who linked their Bnet accounts, and maybe PC players.

Also Discord support for PS4 please. Thanks.