• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I love Tron Legacy. It's a beautiful movie with an amazing score and visual effects. But for some reason Disney killed Tron 3.

Now that Star Wars is going on break after Rise of Skywalker, I think it'd be the perfect time for Disney to revive Tron and make it a bigger more well known IP. Make it a sequel to Tron Legacy with the original cast back.

I'd be incredibly happy if they ever announced Tron 3.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I love Tron Legacy. It's a beautiful movie with an amazing score and visual effects. But for some reason Disney killed Tron 3.

Now that Star Wars is going on break after Rise of Skywalker, I think it'd be the perfect time for Disney to revive Tron and make it a bigger more well known IP. Make it a sequel to Tron Legacy with the original cast back.

Tron Legacy was a very pretty film with an awesome soundtrack, but a crap story.

Seriously, they should have just filmed Tron 2.0.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
It wasn't even a bad story, it was just way too exposition heavy. They should have removed like 75% of the dialogue.

Nah, they totally did Tron dirty with that story, and Flynn Jr. needed to be a stronger character.

Don't get me wrong, if it ever comes out in UHD HDR, it'll be a day one purchase, but both the original film and the aforementioned game have much better plotting and character development than Tron Legacy.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first movie bombed. The second one barely made back its budget.

It's not gonna happen, people. Let it go...

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I should bring up that 2 years ago Disney tried to do Tron 3 with Jared Leto which means they still think about Tron.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They recently shared a clip from the amazing and criminally-underseen Uprising on YT so who knows. I smile every time Disney remembers Tron.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
They're building the new Tron ride at magic kingdom at Disney world, so a new tron movie to go along with it would be AWESOME. I love Tron, and the sequel was pretty sweet too.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I looooved Tron.

But I also love Willow. So I'm torn on which Disney should bring back.

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
Saw Tron and Legacy for the first time in the last 2 years. Tron was a revelation, so ahead of its time. Legacy was interesting and had an incredible soundtrack. But it was nowhere near as fresh as the original. I think some cheese can be good if you do it right. And yeah, Tron Legacy got bogged down in its plot and less-interesting newer characters. There's gotta be more to say about computers in 2019 than the movies we already have, right?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

It's not going on really going on a break, with all of those Disney plus shows, but I'd love a tron miniseries on the plus

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Seriously. I miss Sam and Quorra and Alan. Just find a way to fish Tron out of the Sea and get Dillinger Jr back and we're good to go. (And Kevin too, even if they can't do more than a cameo.)

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
With all these dog movies coming out recently, I think the answer is obvious what they should be focusing on.

MV5BMjAyOTc0NDcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM4NDA4MTE@._V1_.jpg

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
While I love futuristic techno movies that ooze style and have great soundtracks, the actual story of Tron was extremely mediocre.

It's an absolute visual and audio treat though.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Tron 3, is that it's unknowable. It's impossible, but it's also right in front of us all the time!

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
When do they have time? It's too late for 2020, 2021 is Avatar, and then 2022 its right back to Wars again. Marvel, their 3 animation studios, and whatever live action remakes/etc. they come up with fill up the rest of the time.