• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Disney would consider another movie for it. Legacy didn't make a lot at the box office and I don't think a third movie would either. Maybe they'd do a Disney+ series.

Oct 28, 2017
With just how good The Mandalorian looks, a Tron live-action Disney + program would not be frowned upon.

HOWEVER

Disney now owns the rights to Firefly. We all know what needs to be done.

Nerfed Llamas

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'm all in for Disney to revisit Tron in some meaningful capacity. I'd love a 3rd film, but would take a Disney+ live action series and/or animated series. A new single player narrative driven Tron video game, with online multiplayer Grid competitions and game modes would be welcome too. I'm not picky, I just want something more from Disney than the occasional Tron tweet. Also, FLYNN LIVES!

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I would much rather Disney resurrect Uprising on their streaming service.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I'm sure that after one of the biggest, most iconic franchises failed to deliver (in their eyes), they're gonna put all their money on a cult franchise that has still to release a single profitable movie.

Oct 31, 2017
With all these dog movies coming out recently, I think the answer is obvious what they should be focusing on.

MV5BMjAyOTc0NDcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM4NDA4MTE@._V1_.jpg

This and Gone in 60 seconds reboot for me.

Sure, at this point Nic Cage will work for room and board.

I am assuming Nic Cage would pass the torch, much like what they will probably do with Indy and Pirates.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I would love to see the Tron trilogy conclude but it'll be a miniseries on Disney+

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tron is so fucking fascinating but it's been so robbed throughout the years. Much worse and derivative franchises got a billion sequels and spin-offs, meanwhile Tron got plenty of videogames but only 2 proper movies. There needs to be more, Legacy was incredible in many ways.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
I'd much, much rather have Uprising season 2, or at least a new show that has the same style.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Tron Legacy was fucking awesome. I'm not dying for a sequel but if they made one I'd be up for it.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
As a Tron fan from way back, I'm down with this, but not with the Tron Legacy crap. Pretty film, glorious soundtrack, crap story, awful Tron sequel. Limiting it to some isolated server with no connection to the internet or modern computing was such a cowardly move. The fun of a Tron sequel should have been in seeing the concept applied to modern computer tech, but we got none of it because the filmmakers couldn't be bothered, I guess. The Tron 2.0 game did a much better job. Hell, Wreck-It Ralph did a better job.

I mean this will never happen. Tron is dead and it would shock me to see Disney try it again. But if they did, they should make a proper followup and not some weird punt of a sidestory like Legacy.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I mean this will never happen. Tron is dead and it would shock me to see Disney try it again. But if they did, they should make a proper followup and not some weird punt of a sidestory like Legacy.

I'd agree with you that it's likely dead, but I keep on hearing good things about the Tron ride and how it might be coming to DL (and going to DW I believe). Would find it a little hard to believe they would put that much effort into a dead IP

Orange

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Charleston, South Carolina
tron could use a complete reimagining. I mean the cyberpunk and cyberspace genre has lived and died by the time between the two movies, it seems very old fashioned to do it again with a straight face

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I'd agree with you that it's likely dead, but I keep on hearing good things about the Tron ride and how it might be coming to DL (and going to DW I believe). Would find it a little hard to believe they would put that much effort into a dead IP

Theme park attractions aren't always the best litmus test for future studio plans. The Tron ride was built pretty much in tandem with the push surrounding Tron Legacy and the subsequent animated series, so the advantage here is that R&D is already done. Sometimes a good visual matters more than whether it's viable at the box office, and a ride that already exists and has plans and data available is a cheaper and faster build than something from scratch if they want a new thrill coaster attraction in DW (it's almost certainly not coming to DL). I mean you're right, stranger things have happened, but Tron has been a disappointment twice now, and there's little reason for Disney to give it a third try at this point when they have so many other properties that are guaranteed moneymakers.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
Disney would be silly not to revive Tron Uprising on Disney+. Disney XD is where all good shows die an early death because it's not included in most cable packages. It didn't have a chance.

Get a younger audience into this world first and then we'll talk about a new movie. They did the same with Star Wars during it's last hiatus.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I want them to move forward with The Black Hole remake/reboot first. The can make use of Star Wars robot prop facility to make the robots.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I fully suspect it'll come back in some form in the future. As mentioned previously we already had a sequel that was about to shoot, talks of a new film with Leto, and now it being a new ride and area at multiple Disney parks.

Tron is definitely still on Disney's mind.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Willow is a Lucasfilm property, so they can work on that while Walt Disney Pictures does Tron.
But still its Disney with the ultimate say so. In a budget situation Id rather they bring back something with purpose.

I want them both tho. Willow just makes too much sense besides Disney should have something in the fantasy space.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely Indy where the attention in terms of Lucasfilm and Disney by extension will shift to.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The first Tron isn't that great but it's an interesting curiosity with earnest 80s charm. Shoulda stayed as a single movie to be honest.

Tron Legacy just kinda sucks to be honest, even the somewhat neat art design was squandered. The only worthwhile part of that movie is Daft Punk's soundtrack. Blame that hack Kosinksi for the state of this franchise.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Right, just saying it needn't be either or when they'd be under different studios either way.

Actually, isn't Disney/LFL already supposedly considering a TV continuation of Willow on Disney+ anyway?
From what I understand Ron Howard is suppose to be pitching something right now as we speak from the vein of the books.

But....all that was before Disney+. It would make too much sense to test the willow water with a disney plus 8 episode mini series exploring the early life of Alora Dannon.