• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Sakura Wars 2-4

latest

Sakura_Wars_3_cover_art.jpg

Sakura_Wars_4_cover_art.jpg

The first game has a fan translation and V and Shin both have official localizations but there has yet to be a serious effort to bring the three remaining games outside of Japan and that's a travesty because they're easily among the best the franchise has to offer.

Now that Zero and Azure have been announced these three are now my most-wanted localizations. What are some of yours?

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Both of those JP Yakuza games

would be a great time to localize considering how popular Yakuza has gotten outside of JP over the past several years

will never happen but part 2 of Persona 2 remake on PSP getting localized would be amazing

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
  • Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2
  • Fate stay/night (It's insane that the original Fate stay night has never been officially released in the West despite the overall popularity of the IP)
  • Tales of Destiny DC, Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth
  • Yakuza Ishin and Yakuza Kenzan

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
The Super Famicom Goemon games are among the best platformers of that era and I'll die on this hill. I'd buy the hell out of a translated collection, but it'll never happen.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It's my favorite FE game ever and I'd love to see it get released, even if it's a similar treatment to FE1.

Also, a lot of older Tales games, but especially Tales of Destiny-R; such a fantastic game.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
list some:
suikoden 1 and 2 for psp
Psp_gs12.jpg

"
Several changes from the original PlayStation versions of Suikoden and II were done for the PSP:[SUP][1][/SUP]
  • The player is now able to move their character diagonally inside places and over the world map.
  • Graphics have been slightly enhanced and redone to fit widescreen. This includes an extension of some places which were designed for PAL and NTSC televisions."
Suikodenpsp_screen.jpg

and this psp suikoden that seems to be quite good:
220px-Genso_Suikoden_~Tsumugareshi_Hyakunen_no_Toki~_Cover_Art.png

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the games I wanted play the most already have really great fan translations:

Mother 3
Ace Attorney Investigations 2

But the big ones I'd still love to play are:

Yakuza Kenzan
Yakuza Isshin
Tokimeki Memorial - I always knew how influential it was but Tim Rogers' crazy review made me kinda depressed that it has never been translated.

Oct 25, 2017
Like others have mentioned, Tales of Destiny DC, 2, and Rebirth. Also a whole slew of Fire emblem games.

idk if it's even any good, but I was always salty we didn't get Last Ranker, based on the great battle tracks by Yoko Shimomura, the BoF like artstyle and the unique sounding game premise.

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
654-1597307037.jpg

....Between the unconventional art design, lovely 3D turned 2D sprites, and beautiful music totally had thinking about this game rent free for years.

list some:
suikoden 1 and 2 for psp
Psp_gs12.jpg

"
Several changes from the original PlayStation versions of Suikoden and II were done for the PSP:[SUP][1][/SUP]
  • The player is now able to move their character diagonally inside places and over the world map.
  • Graphics have been slightly enhanced and redone to fit widescreen. This includes an extension of some places which were designed for PAL and NTSC televisions."
Suikodenpsp_screen.jpg

and this psp suikoden that seems to be quite good:
220px-Genso_Suikoden_~Tsumugareshi_Hyakunen_no_Toki~_Cover_Art.png

Wow, Ididnt know Suikoden I+II got touched up. Dang shame we missed that (and the entirely new/last one, IIRC)

Last edited:

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I think my favourite part of this story has been that the fan translators are being contracted

In that spirit Idolmaster one for all, since fans have mostly translated that at this point, or the PSP version of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment are the 2 that come to mind for me

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Sakura Wars is probably my most wanted

but I also want to see Gust's non-localized games, the Tales games, and the Yakuza PS3 and PSP spinoffs.

And last, but not least, the non-localized Atlus/Megami Tensei games.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That one and also 7: Molmorth no Kiheitai:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I'm sad I don't think we'll ever know it. lol I remember there was a mobile game for it (dunno what) and then the PSP port of V&B sold some abysmal ~3k copies so the mystery of what these games are like and about will probably haunt me a little forever. :P

It has such style though. I loved its look and vibe so much.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Like others have mentioned, Tales of Destiny DC, 2, and Rebirth. Also a whole slew of Fire emblem games.

idk if it's even any good, but I was always salty we didn't get Last Ranker, based on the great battle tracks by Yoko Shimomura, the BoF like artstyle and the unique sounding game premise.

I actually bought the Soundtrack CD for Last Ranker despite not knowing much about the actual game just because I liked the music that much lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
  • Moonlight Syndrome, Twilight Syndrome, Yuuyami Doori Tankentai
  • Linda³
  • Boku no Natsuyasumi franchise
  • L.O.L., UFO, Endonesia, Ripened Tingle, Giftpia
  • Fatal Frame 4

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The Super Famicom Goemon games are among the best platformers of that era and I'll die on this hill. I'd buy the hell out of a translated collection, but it'll never happen.

Fwiw fan translations for all the Super Famicom Goemon games came out last year. I agree that I'd love an official release, but it's nice to play these games at all in English.

People have posted a lot of the good ones, I know there are still some SRW games that aren't in English though fans have made a pretty strong push to get most of them to have a fan translation in the past few years.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Came in here meaning to discuss Sakura Taisen, really happy to see it was covered in the OP. I love this franchise and think its really important to Japanese game history especially but it is super hard to recommend people play the games with a poorly translated guide on GameFAQs by their side at all times.

Feda: The Emblem of Justice on Super Famicom got an English fan patch, but the remake never did. Feda 2 is also lost to most outside of Japan. I have no idea if these games hold up, but as a big Shining Force fan I gotta experience everything with art by Yoshitaka Tamaki.

One of the games I want to play most but my limited Japanese always pulls me away from is Wachenröder on the Saturn. It looks totally brilliant. Even has music by Ian McDonald!

tumblr_o5wp05cuqV1sg3g3so1_400.gifv

Honestly I feel like anything with enough passion is possible to get localized nowadays. In a world where we get Monster World IV in English so many years later (and a remake!) I feel like anything can happen!