• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think we'll get ever get a Bioshock movie?

• Yes!

• Nope!

• Would you kindly never mention the Bioshock movie again?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
With the recent behind the scenes video from the Mandalorian TV show and the creators saying that using a virtual set saved them a lot of time and money, do you think we'll ever get that Bioshock movie that was in pre production for a couple of years but got canned because of a potential R rating and cost?

For anyone not familiar with what virtual sets are, refer to this video:

I still think that there is a world where we could get a pretty dope Bioshock movie and with the advancements in technology in the last 10 years, without the ginormous budget initially predicted, and R rated movies are slowly becoming more and more profitable. Does anyone still care about Bioshock as a franchise? Let me know your thoughts!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the reason there's no Bioshock movie is because of virtual sets, CGI or tech in general.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I kind of hope not for 2 reasons:

1) The story and themes work so much better when you are the main character. Watching a speaking protagonist in a film go though the story would diminish the impact

2) I want a new Bioshock game, but I don't want a 3rd game set in Rapture, so a film that brings Rapture back would probably cause the boring people in suits to push for a return to Rapture

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk show instead

or George Lucas's Coruscant show. this was literally the shit he needed to make it.

really just any kind of cyberpunk show

Mar 23, 2018
I'd feel like "why?" at this point. I'm sure it could be good, but the chances of it being bad are far worse. Give me an HBO show over a movie though and I'm in. Or just give me a new Bioshock game. Anything!

Kace

Feb 10, 2020
the system
If we do I would want it to be set when things are still going relatively well in Rapture but shortly before the other shoe drops