• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Now that we know the price, which PS5 version are you buying?

• PS5

Votes: 412 61.9%
  • PS5 Digital Edition

Votes: 252 37.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 Physical. $399 would be nice for the Digital Edition, but I use the disc drive far too much to want to drop it.

I don't understand how some people are so willing to hang onto the past that the majority of the votes so far are WANTING to pay a $100 premium just to have a disc collection.

Digital is superior for my situation, and cheaper. No brainer.

Not to be rude, but your situation doesn't necessarily line up with others'.

I for example, rent games, have most of my PS5 games on blurays, and use the console as a Bluray player. The other thing is that not everyone has an internet connection that would work well with only being able to download games. Even if you have the speed to do so, maybe you might have a cap that makes you have to wait to do so.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
I was all disc before this conference, but it looks like a good portion of my physical collection will be able to live on PS5 digitally as part of this PS+ Collection that got announced.

That said, I'm also keeping my Pro around for PSVR on my non-HDR setup.

I'll probably still aim for disc here, as I like to be able to pick stuff up wherever the best discount is being offered.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Digital is tempting but I'd regret it. Still prefer the safety net of resale for £50 games.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
Standard. Far too many caveats with all digital.

You can pry my physical games from my cold, dead hands.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Disc for sure.

I don't want to be beholden to Sony's store pricing. I'm sure I'll make that $100 back after only a handful of games.

BigAlKaiju

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 13, 2020
Was always going digital regardless of price. I haven't bought a disc this entire generation.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Disc edition. I'll easily make that $100 back and then some over the course of the generation from reselling, buying used, or waiting for sick specials. No DE for me, no thank you!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going all digital until the companies force me to (which will probably be next gen or even mid gen with the PS5-Pro) so Disc version for me.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
Disc version because consoles do not know how to properly sell and market digital games. When they do I'll support digital. Maybe next- next gen

Pleasant!

Nov 1, 2017
Just picked up another LG oled for another part of the house so I would like the disc edition to watch my small collection of 4k blu rays as well as play disc based ps4 games I've held onto like Persona 5 royal.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Digital of course. Why the fuck would I spent $100 more to shove some useless ass disc into the thingy.

$400 buckie is a steal.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
If you bought physical PS4 games and don't want to buy them again to play them, you easily make the value back.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to get a disc less version since I have a lot of great ps4 games on disc... Also the option of 4K Blu-ray.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easiest decision ever. All my hundreds of PS4 games are digital and all my PS5 games will be digital. So digital it is. Lower price and sleeker looks is icing on top of it. <3

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Still PS5 disc edition. The amount I'll save in the long run on physical media will far surpass the $100 savings up-front.

Status
Not open for further replies.