Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu
    Member OP

[​IMG]

More at https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-middle-east-44738752/the-mayor-who-wants-a-sexy-police-force

Fine if old

2. I can see why.

3. Nivash

Nivash

Headline 4 weeks from now: ”Rear-end collisions and torticollis see dramatic increases”

4. signal

signal

is she in diamond dogs

5. cognizant

cognizant

No she's a DLC fighter for Street Fighter.

6. Dennis8K

Dennis8K

This is the kind of Middle-Eastern news I can get behind.

7. Hyun Sai

Hyun Sai

There was this trend in Russia a few years ago ?

[​IMG]

8. signal

signal

Pass.

9. I’m trying to pinpoint what decade Lebanon has reached today. They echo flight attendants who were mostly sex objects until the 70s and 80s.

10. cognizant

cognizant

While we're talking about middle eastern cops...

Check out what Dubai cops drive...

[​IMG]

11. Was this done with the explicit intention to slow down traffic?

12. Chamaeleonx

Chamaeleonx
    Banned Member

Seems like an obvious waste and not even that practical. =x

Wouldn't it lead to more traffic accidents due to drivers loosing attention for traffic related issues as they are rather looking at the women.

Kinda funny that he says women are free to be sexy or not, yet these shorts are probably demanded from the chief or whoever else. If they are so free why can't they choose what to wear.
    Outside of that, clearly for shock and eye candy. She wears no gear, heavy make-up, etc. .

13. Ryder9

Ryder9

same reason cops have to wear uniforms

14. Jebusman

Jebusman

You can almost justify this. People in Dubai with super/hyper cars, you need something to potentially keep up with them.

15. R1CHO

R1CHO

Marketing stun gone right.

16. Lurcharound

Lurcharound

I can see why.

No idea if this is ultimately good/bad for representation but for sure it’ll slow up your average male driver.

17. Kinggroin

Kinggroin

Traffic jams incoming

18. i-Lo

i-Lo

The thirst is wheel.

19. Persephone

Persephone

whatyearisit.jpg

the way he's talking about the female police officers is so grody

20. shnurgleton

shnurgleton

French colonialism my friends

21. GHG

GHG

As someone who has lived in Dubai for the last 5 years I'm laughing so hard at this post right now.

22. atomsk eater

atomsk eater

Ah yes, the only dichotomy for women that exists: either they're showing skin or they're ugly.

That said if the weather there is as shitty as it is here I wouldn't be upset about shorts. The dudes stuck in trousers are getting the raw deal.

23. MMaRsu

MMaRsu
    Banned Member

This is some need for speed 3 hot pursuit shit right there

24. Obvious

Obvious
    Banned Member

The title "Putting female traffic police in short shorts" makes it sound like they're forcing women cops to wear stuff.

What's actually happened is they've hired a bunch of university students to direct traffic for the summer, and had them wear shorts as a press-gimmick.

25. Murfield

Murfield

Mayor comes across as a massive creep. The whole thing seems very condescending. If it were a bunch of male university students they wouldn't be put in short shorts.

26. Nivash

Nivash

It’s pure PR. Literally only there to look cool for tourists, raise interest in potential recruits and to give politicians and other elite guests luxurious ride-alongs. Same reason they have the so-called ”hoverbike”:

[​IMG]

Their actual patrol cars are just your basic SUVs. Chevys, Toyotas, Nissans, same as anywhere else in the region.

27. Surfinn

Surfinn

Ew..

28. cognizant

cognizant

Laughing because you managed to get away from the cops in your souped-up supercar. They'll catch you one day GHG, with attractive traffic cops wearing short shorts, and you'll never see it coming.

29. zoggy

zoggy

Officer I was obviously resisting please hand cuff me and put me in your custody.

I also need a proper pat down

30. BBboy20

BBboy20

:eyes:

31. Birdseye

Birdseye

32. Wonderment

Wonderment

This was a PR move using auxiliary hires, and the discussion here hasn't been productive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.