• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 6 has officially reached niche status in the US. Which is a really really good thing for the series. Higher opening than the other PS4 games. Already doing better than the PS3 games ever did.
This makes me happy. Played the hell out of Yakuza 0 and wasn't expecting to love it so much. Buying Yakuza 6 with the 20% off I just got today.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
Sony and Nintendo keep topping the charts. I wish Microsoft would put more effort in trying to compete with Sony. But I guess their sales are not bad either.

Even if they put a billion dollars into standing up multiple development studios we wouldn't see anything for 3-5 years. This generation is a wash imo. They might have 1-2 A-AAA tiered titles for E3 but trying to compete with Sony WWS or Nintendo is a lost cause until mid next gen probably.

Cladyclad

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
And yet Activison moved it's relaese date from the usual mid November to early October. I wonder why?
Last I checked both come out in October.

My friend who is a manager at GameStop thinks games are gonna shy away from November here on out. He said it makes sense to release your game well ahead of BF. So when BF hit u can get better discounts on games. But that's just a theory

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tough call. RDR is not GTA. The western setting does not have the same mass appeal as the GTA tropes.
Even considering how successful GTA 4 was, I don't think anyone was expecting 5 to be as big as it is. I think just having the name Rockstar attached to it and being the first new game they've made in 5 years is going to make it huge. I think it'll do 30 mil easy.

Oct 27, 2017
Even considering how successful GTA 4 was, I don't think anyone was expecting 5 to be as big as it is. I think just having the name Rockstar attached to it and being the first new game they've made in 5 years is going to make it huge. I think it'll do 30 mil easy.

Online was a huge factor in that one over 4, but I agree, nobody seen it achieve the level it has done and continues to do.

Do not get me wrong, it will do much better than the original which did well. But do not expect 5 levels for a Western theme, unless they have a new addictive mechanic up their sleeve to help populate the (sparse) world online.

25 million or more for RDR 2 yeah

I think it will be around this as well.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
So can somebody can explain to me how Fifa is charting in the US but Madden is nowhere to be seen.

Americans like the FIFA games, and college football/NFL seasons don't start until later in the year. This time of year is for basketball/soccer/early-season baseball, so it's no surprise FIFA did well. It's just not the "omg the only sport that matters in life is futbol and I must buy the futbol video game" craze that it is elsewhere.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Haha I must be the only playstation fan who dont see the appeal in The Last of Us.
Nah. It didn't sell 70 million copies, so you're clearly not the only playstation fan who didn't buy it :)
It's one thing if you see that a game doesn't appeal to you. That's 100% normal, and healthy behavior for any consumer.
It's quite another thing if you can't imagine how it could appeal to anyone, which would belie a stunning lack of empathy or imagination.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Hugely surprising given how ubiquitous the 360 pad was.

Not everybody liked the 360 pad. And I would guess Wii Remotes sold more, at least if you count the controllers bundled with games (Wii Play and all the others). Wii was built for local multi and everyone I know had several Wiimotes.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh you could round to 1.9 if you felt of the mood

well.gif

Nice!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One and Wii U are non compareable.

Xbox One without a doubt has vastly missed MS's expectations of it. But Wii U was the successor to the fastest selling home console ever and cratered. Xbox One at the end of the day is a disappointment certainly but nothing on the same level as the Wii U

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Xbox One without a doubt has vastly missed MS's expectations of it. But Wii U was the successor to the fastest selling home console ever and cratered. Xbox One at the end of the day is a disappointment certainly but nothing on the same level as the Wii U
I assume You are referring to only NPD not worldwide? I remember me was expecting 30-40% market share in Germany for example.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah if anything I could see ppl comparing it to that orig Xbox if they wanna compare it to something. Even then that's crazy. Even then it did better than that.

I think that person meant how we aren't really discussing XBO sales. Really God of War is just dominating the conversation right now. It's expected.

And PS4.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume You are referring to only NPD not worldwide?

Both. They are non compareable.

Xbox One will finish its LT somewhere around 50% of Xbox 360's sales.

Wii U didn't even manage to hit 20% of the Wii's sales. They aren't comparable in any way. But I'm not interested in console wars.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
13M? I had no idea it was that low, that's like vita level.

The Wii U was an outright catastrophe. As I said the same can't be said of the Xbox One

It is without a doubt a huge disappointment. It essentially cut Xbox's market share in half, and has taken a huge amount of work to right the ship even to where it is now. But the Wii U was a true disaster in terms of sales