• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So with Tropical Freeze at #5 here, I went back to the old site to see how it faired back on Wii U, and wow it didn't even break the Top 10.

https://www./threads/npd-sales-resu...ps4-xb1-wii-u-360-hardware-bd-poke-dk.784224/

So it's an improvement at least, especially since it's only been two days.

GTA V on both lol

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So is it safe to say that Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest and most important franchise that isn't Pokemon at this point? Heck there's even an argument I feel for MK to be bigger than Pokemon. I thought MK8D would sell like 15 million at an absolute maximum but damn that was an undershoot.

Good to see that the new stuff did well. At least the new stuff that wasn't Giant Robot. Especially DK IMO.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
God of War did great. PS4 platform also breaking records.

So is it safe to say that Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest and most important franchise that isn't Pokemon at this point? Heck there's even an argument I feel for MK to be bigger than Pokemon. I thought MK8D would sell like 15 million at an absolute maximum but damn that was an undershoot.

Good to see that the new stuff did well. At least the new stuff that wasn't Giant Robot. Especially DK IMO.
I think this has been evident since the DS. Mario Kart has something for all walks of life.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
And some people say exclusive doesn't drive console sales.

Crazy month though since GOW was released on the 20 on a short week.

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In comparison to other God of War's how much of an increasing in dollar sales did it gain compared to God of War 3?

Can't disclose. But it's the biggest PS exclusive launch ever. So...

Also how would you consider DK and Labo's performances?

Fine.

Yakuza 6 results have to be pretty good right?

Absolutely. I double checked that number. Was surprised it was so good.

I rememeber you being curious (on twitter) about the ceiling for a story-driven AAA SP game. Does it meet your expectations? It performed better? worse?

I was certainly not expecting an all-time PS exclusive launch month record. So, definitely overperformed my expectations.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, was kinda worried about SSM for most of the gen considering they went through a massive shakeup around 2014(?), but I'm glad they've been able to bounce back
They were always one of the better studios in the industry

Ascension was still a good game - just the formula became stale

Stigs failure obviously put them back a bit but that studio always had amazing talent. They made the right decision to bring back Cory - between him, Druckmann and now Kojima, Sony has a 3 headed monster in game directors

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Well earned success for GOW / SSM / SONY.

Never been a fan of GOW but loved this.

If you build it, they will come.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Yeesh! GoW killing it. And lots of records broken this month. Incredible.

It's bizarre Sony don't shout about stuff like this more. If it was MS, they'd be shouting it from the roof and I believe that only helps momentum getting it out there, that it's such a success.

Looking forward to Mat's video this month.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Can't disclose. But it's the biggest PS exclusive launch ever. So...

Fine.

Absolutely. I double checked that number. Was surprised it was so good.

I was certainly not expecting an all-time PS exclusive launch month record. So, definitely overperformed my expectations.

Because Yakuza 6 digital sales aren't counted - do you expect that if those figures were added in, there would be a significant boost in reported sales or not so much?

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
omsj.gif

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We all knew God of War would slay but im so happy that Mlb The Show continues to be a strong exclusive sports franchise and will live on due to its healthy sale.

Deleted member 26462

Oct 30, 2017
I'm around for questions if anyone has any.

Do you think Switch will hold good numbers till the end if the year? It had a decent start in sales but, it will be enough for those 20 millons Nintendo wants?

Seems like PS4 is an unbeateble monster, incredible console, and incredible game (gow).

Kudos for Sony.

MS...well i think they are ok...right?

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
6 games in top 10 are exclusives.
Honest question, what games were you expecting to chart higher than them given the lack of new releases?

Like the multiplat games right outside the top 10 are 12-30+ months old or sub-$60 (this is a revenue chart), with the exception of Monster Hunter, which came out back in January.