• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Publishers that decided yo support the Switch will be greatly rewarded in 2019 and 2020.

I am sure Doom Eternal and the others will sell very well on Switch (CTR, Wolfenstsein...)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Baseball keeping those strong legs, they always knock it out of the park for a few months solidly

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for Bend.
Game is a runner up for GOTY as of this point. Game is just so damn good.

Will be a hard choice between Judgment, Resident Evil 2 remake, Sekiro and Ace Combat 7.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Nice result for Days Gone, only a couple days on sale too. Game has it's share of problems but I think it's a very strong base to build on with a sequel.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
As expected, DMC V drops like a stone from the charts.
That genre has to be the most front loaded there is huh

Also, MK 11 topping Switch is great.

Labo VR flopped hard huh. Couldn't even beat an old port of a old remaster

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
There are always folk who're finally jumping into the PS4 or XB1 and those folk often get GTA V with their system. It's an evergreen title to surpass all evergreen titles. That's all there is to it
You'd expect it to sell for that reason, yeah, but enough people are buying it to make the top. It's crazy for a game that old to constantly chart.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't look like Days Gone did that well.

Looks like it didn't reach Horizon level of sales.

Happy to see KH3 still in the first place.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
glad this year MLB did well, its the best version in a long time. honestly impressed a baseball game can have growth when MLB itself does not.

Depends what kind of growth you're talking about. In terms of revenue, 2018 marks the 16th consecutive year of record gross revenues for MLB. If you're talking about fan interest, especially among younger fans, then yea there's not much growth there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mauryb...venues-of-10-3-billion-for-2018/#12628bc45bea

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also as someone who bought Mortal Kombat Switch, it's surprising that such a bad port did so well. The game crashes like crazy in the Krypt and even crashes in Towers of Time sometimes, and the slowdown in stages like Shinnok's Bone Temple and Kotal's Kollosseum is incredibly bad. Then you have the hilarity of the game requiring 26 GB of space.

The game's still fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the Switch port is definitely not the optimal way to play the game. Hopefully the high sales mean more time will be put into the next NRS Switch port.

Why the hell is Mortal Kombat so big in America?
It's been massive since the original arcade game, and since it moved to being a real AAA franchise in terms of production values (and other, far more unfortunate ways), it's about the only one in its weight class in terms of appealing to mainstream audiences. The Japanese fighting game heavyweights can't really begin to compare, aside from Smash.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Happy for days gone.

Even more happy for how well FFX did on the switch.

Even even more happy that KH3 must have done extremely well!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i don't give a flip about MK but as a 90s kid good to see it still kickin

my dog in the race is Division 2, glad it didn't drop off the map

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Very happy for Bend Studio and Days Gone. Was expecting it to be at least #2 behind MK 11 but damn, did better for Sony than I was expecting. Will easily be another 10m seller in due time. Can't wait for Days Gone 2 on PlayStation 5.

Oct 26, 2017
You'd expect it to sell for that reason, yeah, but enough people are buying it to make the top. It's crazy for a game that old to constantly chart.
GTA V is just one of those weird freakish anomalies that we don't see too often. It's so far the only game I can think of that sells like it does...till the next GTA, I guess :P

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
Holly MK11 was number one on Switch yay!

Here waiting for a patch that fixes a few nags, great game overall :3

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man what happened to Crackdown 3? It didn't even make top 10 on the XB list. It's only been out for 2 months. Forza is still on the list so GP isn't an excuse.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Every thread until you like it

rcLqZ4X.jpg
Bow to the king
Its losing that top spot next month most likely :(

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Mortal Kombat performing greatly on Switch is a surprise. Good to hear. Shows yet again that third party software sells on Nintendo hardware.

Hopefully we'll get some cool announcements during E3.