• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
7th best for Sony all time is pretty damn good for Days Gone. Ya did good, Bend.

MLB legs are going as expected.

MK11 crushing it was expected too.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
You'd expect it to sell for that reason, yeah, but enough people are buying it to make the top. It's crazy for a game that old to constantly chart.

For all the posts I used to see about its not a good game, someone must like it. I dont think we will ever see something like this again. especially for the type of game it is.
It doesn't look like Days Gone did that well.

Looks like it didn't reach Horizon level of sales.

Happy to see KH3 still in the first place.

? Are there some sales numbers, comparisons somewhere?

I mean for it to be #2 after MK11 says alot IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering how the hell GTA6 will even sell close to GTA5. Next generation will have backwards compability which means double diping isn't that viable anymore so that's a chunk of sales they won't get.

It truly is a crazy thing how well it is selling.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Mortal Kombat topping at the software charts for a Ninty platform. Holy shit, what a time to be alive. This has to be some form of a wake up call, albeit small.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Bow to the king
Its losing that top spot next month most likely :(
i know :(
this is the last time i get to post these images in these threads so imma go all out

HAIL TO THE KING
TO
THE
KING

kh-throne.jpg

kisspng-kingdom-hearts-358-2-days-kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-re-throne-5ac56cad817487.8909957815228878535303.jpg

$_3.JPG

KH-15th-Ann-Illust_03-28-17.jpg

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
MK11 doing well on Switch is only a shock to non-Nintendo fans. Day and date releases and quality ports have traditionally done well on Nintendo hardware. The problem is Nintendo fans didn't want spin offs or 6 month old badly optimized ports which sold poorly and gave the systems a bad name. Gamecube was really the only exception for good 3rd party games not selling well.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay yeah, FFX probably did freakishly well on Switch, given it charted in the all format chart, but is missing from the Xbox chart.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Jump Force still hanging in there. I feel like this game selling well will send the wrong message. People can like the game, but the lack of polish is a bit much.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone should watch Matt's video! He goes in-depth on some of the info not present in the OP.
Why the hell is Mortal Kombat so big in America?
High production values with a focus on presentation compared to other fighting games, lots of single-player and multiplayer content, franchise name, over-the-top violence that tends to turn off other parts of the world but appeal to us bloodthirsty Americans.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Holy shit MLB 2019 is the 10th best selling game of the year
Truly sony's hardest working exclusive game, everyone always underestimates it. I know baseball is not at all popular outside of America and Japan, but Sony should attempt to market it in other territories, at least once to test the waters and if it fails the game is plenty big enough to counter any sort of loss.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It doesn't look like Days Gone did that well.

Looks like it didn't reach Horizon level of sales.

I mean..that doesnt make any sense...not doing super extreme sales is nowhere near the same as 'not doing that well'.

That's like in school you got a B- and the teacher asked you why you even showed up to school that day

Okay yeah, FFX probably did freakishly well on Switch, given it charted in the all format chart, but is missing from the Xbox chart.

i dont think anyone thinks Xbox and JRPG audience makes much sense tbf lol. The appeal of playing FF on a non dead handheld cant be understated

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
MK11 was the top game on the eShop for a while so I'm not surprised it was the top selling game on Switch. Hopefully it leads to more big games from Western devs.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Days Gone keep winning damnnn

7th highest release for Sony is pretty huge. Can we manage to get numbers by that?

Also lol at MLB power. Sony just revealed that is is a huge sucess for them as a GaaS title noting that it has the highest user base spend ever for a sports title on PSN launch aligned. Now we know it is already the 10th best selling title of the year, holy shit lol. A selfish part of me would like Sony to allow them to make something other than MLB but with these numbers... yeah, no lol.

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's been massive since the original arcade game, and since it moved to being a real AAA franchise in terms of production values (and other, far more unfortunate ways), it's about the only one in its weight class in terms of appealing to mainstream audiences. The Japanese fighting game heavyweights can't really begin to compare, aside from Smash.
Tekken has also traditionally done very well. It topped June 2017 NPD.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
hm, FF10 behind Zelda on the Switch charts.

are the PS4, Vita, PC sales that much to make it overtake Zelda BOTW Switch + Zelda BOTW Wii U?

guess so.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's quite an active audience for JRPGs on the system. I think we'll see SMTV and DQXIS do better than what a lot of people expect
As always, Japanese publishers have been neglecting the potential audience for RPGs on Nintendo hardware for far too long. It's nice to be vindicated after years and years of pointing this out.
Definitely. And the good news is, the success of MK11 shows there is also an audience for western third party games on the Switch lol

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
As always, Japanese publishers have been neglecting the potential audience for RPGs on Nintendo hardware for far too long. It's nice to be vindicated after years and years of pointing this out.

I mean. im sure switch users are starved for JRPGs and certain other types of western titles like MK, but its not leading japanese or western pubs fault for not wanting to deal with nintendo's nonsense on their previous platforms all these years. Switch is a good machine for mid and low tier japanese devs though, so they should be happy that PS4 and Switch are doing well globally

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hm, FF10 behind Zelda on the Switch charts.

are the PS4, Vita, PC sales that much to make it overtake Zelda BOTW Switch + Zelda BOTW Wii U?

guess so.
Xbox One version.

I mean. im sure switch users are starved for JRPGs and certain other types of western titles like MK, but its not leading japanese or western pubs fault for not wanting to deal with nintendo's nonsense on their previous platforms all these years. Switch is a good machine for mid and low tier japanese devs though, so they should be happy that PS4 and Switch are doing well globally
Switch users aren't starved for JRPGs, what

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
These are the 7 best selling games published by Sony:
1. Spiderman: +2.6 million.
2. God of War: ~1.9 million.
3. God of War 3: 1.15 million.
4. Horizon Zero Dawn: No exact number but more than 1 million.
5. The Last of Us: 985 million (without digital).
6. Uncharted 4: 879K (without digital).
7. Days Gone.
8. Uncharted 3: 700K.