• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I remain impressed at how Ring Fit exploded in popularity after a rather mild launch. Word of mouth is really carrying it.

Not just word of mouth, but after seeing Tiktoks and Twitter vids of how some people have lost weight playing RingFit, its like people found a perfect way to exercise without going outside.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
My god, it's complete Nintendomination. As Welfare said, if Nintendo shared digital their games would be even higher on the list.

Also good to see that Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2 are still doing well, especially with the "concern" over the latter's legs.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Great results for Nintendo they continue to do great. I find it really interesting FH4 continues to chart even with Gamepass.

SAKY

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Another year of Madden outrage, another year of great sales for the series. The series is monolithic in the industry. I'm convinced that those that call this game out for it's major issues are in the vast minority and simply don't have the conviction to keepnfrom buying this every year.

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
Guesses for TLOU2 drops? That gives us a baseline for #12 and above.

Jun was 2M, so 85% drop both months gives 45K. 80% gives 80K. So top 11 seems like they could all be above 100K (certainly so w/digital).

ACNH might still be above 500K w/digital.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
happy for Ghosts of Tsushima, well deserved

Sept gonna be interesting I guess it'll be 2k21 and Avengers, hope Tony Hawk 1+2 makes a strong showing

Oct 27, 2017
Actually and as said before, GTA 5 isn't there because NPD is not reporting Take-2 digital numbers since last month, for some reason. Check the note below Mat's tweet in the jpg. That's also why NBA 2K and even RDR2 have suddenly disappeared from the monthly and yearly charts. Without digital, Take-2 become almost invisible.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
it seems like Walmart had it for 10$ off while most digital stores had it for almost 20$ off, which makes it almost even more impressive that it managed to chart.
All of the games at Wal-Mart are $10 less in-store than the retail value they usually are been that way since last year. Or do you mean that they took an extra $10 off meaning it was $40 at Wal-Mart during August?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
That mutherfucker green plumber! Worlwide sales must be huge.
I just finished it a few weeks ago and I can see why it was so popular. The game just oozes personality and is a good "all ages" play. I think Luigi himself has now established a strong identity as a character separate from Mario and can be a draw on his own.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
I just finished it a few weeks ago and I can see why it was so popular. The game just oozes personality and is a good "all ages" play. I think Luigi himself has now established a strong identity as a character separate from Mario and can be a draw on his own.
That's cool and all but i won't buy the game until the include Daisy somehow in a DLC. >:(

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
The fact that Zelda, a game over 3 years old, without digital, is above TLOU2, a game 3 months old. Thats just insane.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
As said in the other thread: the funny part about the software chart is the asterisk.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's easy to forget how massive Wii Fit and especially Wii Play were. Yes, Wii Play was basically a controller with a game thrown in, but still.
When I worked retail, Wii Play was the easiest game to sell people. Wii remotes were already hard to to come by, so whenever Wii Play was in stock: "You get a Wii remote + a game for only $10 extra"....everyone bought one. Everyone.

Jun 23, 2019
It's gonna outsell both consoles combined this holiday and in 2021. Switch right now is just unstoppable.

Personally I don't see that happening.

Xbox in its current state is not a threat to Nintendo in any way. Maybe that'll change in 2-3 years when compelling exclusives show up, but probably not. Switch will probably outsell PS5 in unit sales for most of 2021, perhaps not in revenue, but we'll see.

I would have to imagine Nintendo would have to address the Switch's price as $300 for a Switch compared to the other next gen systems is going to look a little much, hence seeing what Nintendo does with the Switch Pro.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is selling so much while also having such a horrible year, it's both amazing and sad at the same time
While I agree that Nintendo is having a horrible year (So far, the worst they've ever had since I've been gaming), the charts show that people are buying games that didn't release this year. The chart is full of evergreen titles that remain system sellers.

And of course there is Animal Crossing. Not my type of game but not everything can be. It's not sad if something you or I don't care for becomes popular. Hopefully next year they get us too.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I would have to imagine Nintendo would have to address the Switch's price as $300 for a Switch compared to the other next gen systems is going to look a little much, hence seeing what Nintendo does with the Switch Pro.
They'll have to address price eventually, but if Nintendo continues to release unique software, Switch will be in a great position for a number of years to come. New Sony and MS hardware won't have much of an impact on Switch's market performance, as they aren't hybrids and aren't releasing the same types of software (for the most part) Nintendo creates.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think Nintendo has to address anything. The Switch has been 300 since launch and it's selling fine.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The Switch has been competing with more powerful systems for the same price or lower for the entirety of its life.

Dolorean

Sep 20, 2019
Dolorean

Any hardware or software insights!? Any hints on how TLOU2 has done in these past two months?

Switch up +109%, PS4 -1%, Xbox -50% (all unit terms).

TLOU2 didn't do well in August. About 34k units (only have physical) in August.
Madden 305k, Animal Crossing at 179k, Mario Kart 8 130k, Ghosts of Tsushima 122k, GTA V 108k, those are the titles above 100k units, Paper Mario at 78k.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when they were doomed for not reaching 20M?

Now they're probably gonna hit 30M and people don't really seem to care.

For some reason people don't seem to be talking about these sales enough. We are seeing sales that are on a level we have rarely ever seen, and yet people don't seem to be discussing it nearly as much as I would have thought.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not referencing Era specifically. For example, I seem to remember numerous YouTube videos and updates on sales last year, but I don't see near as many discussions on it this year.

m051293

Oct 29, 2017

Madden 305k, Animal Crossing at 179k, Mario Kart 8 130k, Ghosts of Tsushima 122k, GTA V 108k, those are the titles above 100k units, Paper Mario at 78k.

Thanks!!

So TLOU2 is indeed down a net >85% two months in a row.

ACNH sounds like its around 4-500K with digital. Monster numbers for MK8D and Ghost and GTA!

Jan 2, 2018

Thank you! But I'm confused.
Is the GTA V number with digital? Because it didn't even chart in August.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you start gaming in 2017 or what?
I assume he's referring to total Nintendo output in a single calendar year. Switch is Nintendo's only active platform in 2020, so when you compare their total releases this year to total releases in previous years, an argument can be made it's the weakest. For example, 2005 was awful for GameCube, but when you combine Nintendo's total output on GCN + GBA + DS, it's a pretty good year overall. On its own, I think Switch's lineup this year is fine. Not great, but fine.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you so much

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is competing in their own market. I do not see how the next gen systems are gonna affect the switch. There's also the fact that these systems are gonna be expensive and have a lack of software.

Sony and Microsoft are gonna be fighting for their loyal hardcore consumers while Nintendo is most likely aiming for the general market through their software this holiday.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
All of the games at Wal-Mart are $10 less in-store than the retail value they usually are been that way since last year. Or do you mean that they took an extra $10 off meaning it was $40 at Wal-Mart during August?
nah, I checked on Deku Deals since I don't live in the US, the game has been 60$ since January, then it August it went for 49 up until now.