• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
With regards to RDR 2.

The game will be huge no question, but the way people talk, you would think it will be on the same level of GTA V.

I seriously doubt it gets anywhere near V.

I'm thinking 20m it sells

GTA V is now owned by approximately 98.6% of our entire species. Tough to imagine anything matching it, even GTA VI (they'll sure as Hell try, likely waiting for the end of the generation and hoping to catch that cross-gen double-dipping lightning in a bottle once again).

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah those numbers are the worldwide shipments from earlier in the year. Didn't mean for it to seem like they could be NPD, just responding to what was being discuss.

I believe that was worldwide sell through to consumers not shipped. But I could be remembering wrong (ah the old shipped vs sold discussion)

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Someone may have brought this up already in this thread, but why doesn't Nintendo report its digital sales? It would make for much better headlines when these results come out.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Someone may have brought this up already in this thread, but why doesn't Nintendo report its digital sales? It would make for much better headlines when these results come out.

Nintendo does a good job already at announcing actual sales so my guess is that the reason for not reporting them to the NPD is the same as the answer to so many other similar questions, "Nin-Ten-Do"

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They choose to partner with the underperforming third party title that's why.
True to some degree i would say.
If this was Battlefront 1 and the first new Star Wars movie, the bundle at $299 would've moved way more units, yes.
But even without all the negative headlines for the game, it was unlikely Battlefront 2 would come close to the first in terms of people buying it just for the name.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I mean I'm pretty sure that was straight from Sony. They aren't allowed to lie about it legally

That said I may be remembering wrong and it was shipped. But I don't think it was
Yup, it was sold through:
SAN MATEO, CA, March 16, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of Horizon Zero Dawnexceeded 2.6 million units during its two weeks of launch*1.

*1 Includes both Blu-ray Disc™ sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation®Store. Sales data in SIEJA regions collected 03/02/17 – 03/13/17, in SIEA regions 02/28/17 – 03/12/17, in SIEE regions 03/01/17 – 03/12/17.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-au/c...on-zero-dawn-global-sales-exceed-2-6-million/

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Xenoblade sold 280k?

It is a good figure, but not that great. At least I don't think all the congratulatory celebration we are getting is justified by this figure taking into account that XCX sold 200k.

With that being said, it is fair to assume downloads would take the game's sales to 500k with just Japan and US.

We lack data from Germany and France but I am gonna say that it may be fair to assume a 650-700k worldwide tally for Xenoblade's first month.

If the game continues to be the evergreen JRPG for Switch I can see 1m before the end of summer and even 1.3-1.5m by this time next year.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd question that as sell through, it's not even at 2mm in u.s
I mean I'm pretty sure that was straight from Sony. They aren't allowed to lie about it legally

That said I may be remembering wrong and it was shipped. But I don't think it was

A good example of that is the break down of sales for PS4's Horizon Zero Dawn. As of April 30, more than 3.4 million copies of the game have been sold. Of those 915,000 were digital sales, according to PlayStation.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/5/15728406/ps4-sales-stats

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SAN MATEO, Calif., March 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of Horizon Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its two weeks of launch*1.

*1 Includes both Blu-ray Disc™ sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation®Store. Sales data in SIEJA regions collected 03/02/17 – 03/13/17, in SIEA regions 02/28/17 – 03/12/17, in SIEE regions 03/01/17 – 03/12/17.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...global-sales-exceed-26-million-300424597.html

But for the updated 3.4 million copies figure, they never clarified if sold through, or shipped.
I think people just assumed it's the same which would make sense.

It's confirmed to be sold as per my post above.
You posted a quote that said "sold" Not explicitly sold through like the PR. How is that confirmed?
I said it makes sense, but i don't read any confirmation in your link.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
So Xenoblade sold 280k?

It is a good figure, but not that great. At least I don't think all the congratulatory celebration we are getting is justified by this figure taking into account that XCX sold 200k.

With that being said, it is fair to assume downloads would take the game's sales to 500k with just Japan and US.

We lack data from Germany and France but I am gonna say that it may be fair to assume a 650-700k worldwide tally for Xenoblade's first month.

If the game continues to be the evergreen JRPG for Switch I can see 1m before the end of summer and even 1.3-1.5m by this time next year.
I mean digital was probably pretty dang good since it was number 1 on the eshop for its release week and the two weeks after.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...global-sales-exceed-26-million-300424597.html

But for the updated 3.4 million copies figure, they never clarified if sold through, or shipped.
I think people just assumed it's the same which would make sense.

You posted a quote that said "sold" Not explicitly sold through like the PR. How is that confirmed?
I said it makes sense, but i don't read any confirmation in your link.
You seriously think they would say "of which 915k are digital", aka sold through, for mixed to shipped retail?
That would be MS level spin...

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to see the numbers of BFII and Need for Speed Payback because of their positions. It will be interesting to see this in the earnings.

donny2112

Oct 27, 2017
It probably comes down to "How will it benefit Nintendo to release their digital sales numbers?" Same with Blizzard's PC sales. What's the advantage to them to do so?

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You seriously think they would say "of which 915k are digital", aka sold through, for mixed to shipped retail?
That would be MS level spin...
No i don't .
I said it's very likely sold through and makes sense. But that quote is no confirmation of that whatsoever.
So that claim is my only problem here.

And mixing packaged sold in with digital sold through is nothing out of ordinary.
Digital storefront sales are always sold through to end consumer.
Every shipped figure today is shipped retail (yes this also include codes for retailers) + digital sold through.

That is in no way a spin.

Raguy

Dec 20, 2017
So Xenoblade sold 280k?

1M , it's certain at the lastest for end of fiscal year. ( march 31, 2018 )
As i said earlier in this thread, around 800K ( shipment + digital ) it's the least , i see.
I mean, with moderate shipment and digital.
If shipment was upper as well digital and physical, we can have great surprise on next earning release. ( 31 january )

For 1M at the end of december, one example :
700K physical
150K shipment not sold yet , but on store stock
150K download

In US, 350K shipment for 280K sold physically.
So 70K ( if we add Canada shipment not yet sold ) on store stock.
It remains 80K for others territories, not crazy.
And 150K download WW, not crazy.

Everything is possible, but one thing is for sure, Xenoblade 2 at 1M, it's coming soon.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
In 2014, ms did the $50 price drop for the entire month of November and had the double assassins creed bundle. Sony introduced a gray and last of us bundle for Black Friday but that wasn't enough. And December stayed the same because of the MS price drop

Nothing, Xbox got that month with discounts and creed.

XB1 fire sale until January... Sony basically held the same price all the holiday.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
1M , it's certain at the lastest for end of fiscal year. ( march 31, 2018 )
As i said earlier in this thread, around 800K ( shipment + digital ) it's the least , i see.
I mean, with moderate shipment and digital.
If shipment was upper as well digital and physical, we can have great surprise on next earning release. ( 31 january )

For 1M at the end of december, one example :
700K physical
150K shipment not sold yet , but on store stock
150K download

In US, 350K shipment for 280K sold physically.
So 70K ( if we add Canada shipment not yet sold ) on store stock.
It remains 80K for others territories, not crazy.
And 150K download WW, not crazy.

Everything is possible, but one thing is for sure, Xenoblade 2 at 1M, it's coming soon.
I agree with him.
With digital US and Japan are over 500k. It's easily passed 600k with Europe and the rest of the world and maybe close to 700k just physical. Add in digital we probably are good enough and then shipments can put it at 1 Million.

Status
Not open for further replies.