• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
AAA company makes game that is high quality, not stuffed with microtransactions and it made hella money

couldn't be because they made a good video game, no no

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
From should start publishing their own games , their name is bigger than Namco Bandai at this point.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What does premium mean? Not counting mobile sales I guess? Does Minecraft for example count?

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Still a bunch of fucking idiots for not including micro-transactions.

yes, this was sarcasm for those of you that can't detect it

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it's priced lower than next gen games.

Hopefully publishers look at this and go 🤔

OP
OP
Ridley327

Ridley327

What does premium mean? Not counting mobile sales I guess? Does Minecraft for example count?
I'm fairly certain that points to retail sales of a game, so something like Minecraft would very much count, and I wouldn't be at all shocked if it's effectively number 1 at that as it's been a constant presence on the charts since MS first put out the retail 360 version.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
It's wonderful to see Souls go from a niche crowd into what it is today. Deserves all of the praise it gets

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
96 on metacritic and now best selling of all time top ten. Also likely to get the most GOTY awards too.

Good luck to From Software on surpassing this.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completely deserved. Game's a masterpiece, warts and all. A truly sublime experience for most of its runtime.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
I see that Horizon is also out the top 20

Elden Ring took most of its legs. Unfortunate

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Anyone asking why FF is moving away from turn based gameplay, this is why.

OP
OP
Ridley327

Ridley327

96 on metacritic and now best selling of all time top ten. Also likely to get the most GOTY awards too.

Good luck to From Software on surpassing this.
It's crazy to think that Armored Core is probably going to outsell the entirety of the franchise up until that point all on its own on the back of the hype from Elden Ring. Miyazaki could not have asked for a better set of circumstances with which to unleash his baby back onto the world.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
That's extremely surprising considering all the hugely popular yearly COD and sports games that you'd expect to dominate a list like that. I didn't realize it was still consistently selling such a high amount months after release

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone asking why FF is moving away from turn based gameplay, this is why.
Is that why it's also locked to one platform instead of being on everything that can run it? Or why it isn't open-world? Or why it has no multiplayer?
Maybe you thought you had something here but maybe we can just keep it to discussing Elden Ring instead.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much that leaderboard would change if Nintendo reported their digital sales to NPD and if NPD grouped Pokemon games together instead of separately
It's retail and reported digital sales to NPD. Minecraft's digital sales are most likely only reported on consoles so it would miss almost all of its largest market plus its lower price point would require it to move a lot more units than a $60 game.

Oct 27, 2017
What does "Premium" mean exactly? Because numbers wise in the US, surely there are more than 10 games that have made more money...right?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TALENT ALWAYS WINS IN THE END

HDmUYbb.gif

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Honestly amazing, double so considering the kind of game it is.

Picked it back up on the Deck and it sucked me in all over again..

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Deserved for maybe the best game every created since Ocarina of Time. I was constantly in awe during my playthrough.

I hope other developers take the sense of adventuring and truly feeling like discovering stuff on your own into consideration during their open world games.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It's been wild hearing friends and family pick the game up on their on volition. Elden Ring really captured word of mouth in such a massive way.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deserved and very difficult for studios's to create.

Elden RIng feels like a culmination of all of From Software's games that have been iterated and improved upon and combined seamlessly to create their magnum opus.

Status
Not open for further replies.