• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Bayo 2 made it into the Top 20 (minus digital sales), nice. Not to mention that DBFZ is holding pretty well going into February. And of course, MHW is still printing money for Capcom (they really hit it big with that game). Good news all around.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Wait... Did Dissidia NT bomb hardcore or something? Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought 5 days in February would be enough time for a Sword Art Online game to beat out Dissidia's entire month in sales.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Game is an absolute beast. never would have imagined it would be that much of a breakout success.

Yup, I'm definitely one of those folks eating crow on MHW. Never would have thought there could be this big an audience for the franchise in the West, even with the massive upgrade in production values from previous entries.

Taking MH away from handhelds and drastically raising the budget was a big gamble, but one that's clearly paid off for Capcom.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom hit it out of the park. Glad to see them get a much needed win. Hope this means more to come from them.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Wait... Did Dissidia NT bomb hardcore or something? Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought 5 days in February would be enough time for a Sword Art Online game to beat out Dissidia's entire month in sales.
Dissidia was #19 in January.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Aw yeah.

original.gif

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
MonHun still #1. Capcom can party some more. They did a great job.

The big three all doing great.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, we're living in a world where Monster Hunter is topping multiple NPDs. I never thought I'd see the day.

This use to be the game that only crazy people play, now it's mainsteam. What a world.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for MHW, SotC, and Bayo. Awesome games that deserves the sales!

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed Mario Odyssey doesn't have the asterisk indicating digital sales aren't included, was that an error?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I assume Xbox sales grew relative to previous year?

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus seems to have disappointing sales results. Thought ot would do much better.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
MonHun continuing to sell really well. Glad to see where SotC is considering it was a remake that was $40 since chart is revenue based. I wonder how Bayo 2 did since it's on the chart unlike the Wii U release, but charts were differently formatted back then to now. Charts aren't totally surprising for me overall though.