NPD: Fire Emblem: Three Houses instantly becomes 2nd highest selling FE game (3x rev of SoV in opening month).

Raijinto

Oct 28, 2017
Source (& credit to Welfare!)

"Fire Emblem: Three Houses represents the largest launch of a Fire Emblem game in U.S. history, with launch month sales tripling those of the previous best-seller in release month, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Fire Emblem: Three Houses instantly becomes the second best-selling game in franchise lifetime sales, trailing only Fire Emblem: Awakening.”

Very well deserved IMO.

Edit: added Mat's full quote for clarity.

KtotheRoc

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely deserved. It's an amazing game.

It's incredible how this series was almost dead and is now one of Nintendo's premiere franchises. One of the biggest turnarounds in video game history.

Oct 27, 2017
Im actually surprised FE: SoV had such a large launch. I thought it did only okay numbers thanks to it coming out late on the 3ds and being a remake

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm happy for Three Houses, and Shadow of Valentia did pretty great by all means, I'm still said that not many people played the latter.

Echoes: Shadow of Valentia was an amazing game, but I honestly feel like no one ever talks about it though. I guess it makes sense since it released a month after the Switch.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Wait, is this correct? Shadows of Valentia did that well?!?!?! The one that largely flew under the radar? Sure the person being quoted didn't mix it up with Fates???

Yea, Fates was higher. They just didn't count the three SKUs as one.

It's
1) Three Houses
2) Fates (Birthright + Conquest + Bundle LE) https://venturebeat.com/2016/03/10/february-2016-npd/
3) Echoes: Shadows of Valentia https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/19/may-2017-npd-injustice-2-comes-out-on-top-as-nintendo-games-keep-selling/
4) presumably Awakening, haven't looked it up

Last edited:

SmashBro

Oct 28, 2017
Hope we get more persona emblem, imagine what a fully fleshed out calendar system would be like with more events and stuff.

batfax

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it happened to a game where the cast is so good. When everyone and their mom is inevitably shoved into spinoffs like Heroes and Warriors I'll enjoy it instead of the mess we had with Fates for so many years.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
All thanks to Dimitri.

Able to make the game look worth having even with those two losers, Edelgard and Claude, cramping his style.