• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Thread

View: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1625138519164485633?cxt=HHwWgoDUme63040tAAAA
Fo2m9_oXEAA8Nqu

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Space!!! Fantastic to see especially considering it only had a few days of tracking.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Forspoken charting is good for Square, but I imagine coming in 7th and only two spots above a licensed One Piece game can't feel great for them.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Strong FE launch, without digital.
Also very nice One Piece Debut,.much better than everywhere else.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Forspoken charting is good for Square, but I imagine coming in 7th and only two spots above a licensed One Piece game can't feel great for them.
All things considered, I think they will take whatever they can get.

So even with NPD results....don't know what's more noteworthy...Forspoken or TLoU Part 1, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Space thirst was real.
Awesome job Fire Emblem.
Surprising One Piece debut. I know it didn't do too hot in Japan (though it might have been better digitally).

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Let's FUCKING GO Dead Space. Hopefully that's convincing enough for EA to greenlight a DS2 remake

Let's go Fire Emblem

Let's go One Piece holy shit, the series can find some life in the US. Now I really wish it was dubbed

Keep holding on Sonic

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece feels like it randomly exploded in popularity in the US in the last year and I don't know if there's any real explanation why.

Film Red did better than anyone expected, the card game is selling out everywhere, and now the games are charting in the top 10.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's FUCKING GO Dead Space. Hopefully that's convincing enough for EA to greenlight a DS2 remake

Let's go Fire Emblem

Let's go One Piece holy shit, the series can find some life in the US. Now I really wish it was dubbed

Keep holding on Sonic
For real. I hope Bamco patches in the dub voices like they did with the second MHA game.
And "being behind" is no longer an excuse, the anime has reached Wano, and Odyssey showcases nothing from that arc.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The top 7 are all multi platform games. While forspoken is only on PS5. It did well.

View: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1625138728497995781

How much of a decline the "other" platforms had to completely offset the gains made by PS5 and Switch?

Well since it ended up with a 5% year over year decline prob def was a pretty big decline.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Good Position for Dead Space especially considering it was later in January as a release. Should bold well for 2 happening

One Piece feels like it randomly exploded in popularity in the US in the last year and I don't know if there's any real explanation why.

Film Red did better than anyone expected, the card game is selling out everywhere, and now the games are charting in the top 10.

I feel like part of this has to do with a lot of word of mouth. Especially during lockdown, there was a lot of "Well, I might as well get into One Piece" and that seems to have just kept building and building compared to how it was in the past.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Not recently, it has been growing and getting bigger with every year for a while now.

May 14, 2021
WTF was MS doing over the holidays? At least where I am, you could only buy a Series X direct from MS. No one else had any. They must have tanked hard for the gains by the PS5 and Switch to have such a little impact on the total revenue year over year.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty dang good result for Fire Emblem. Dunno what to make of Forspoken debuting below it though with two platforms + digital being counted.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If I were to make a general guess for Forspoken. I imagine it'll likely break even but depending on how the legs are, it might not be in a position where Square feels it's worth the effort to make a sequel.

I look forward to playing more of it, just need a price drop myself with everything else on my plate atm.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
It's so crazy to me to see Dead Space getting love again. I remember playing the demo for the original on PS3 when it was coming out and told myself I had to get it. I bought it on the same day I bought the very first LittleBigPlanet. 😂 I'm glad it turned out popular until.... the 3rd one. Then they closed the studio and that was that.... until now?

Feb 19, 2018
The top 7 are all multi platform games. While forspoken is only on PS5. It did well.
Besides FE: Engage most certainly being a Single-Plattform game (Switch), Forspoken was also released on PC (note that both physical AND digital sales from plattforms like Steam are included in the statistic).
Considering the lukewarm critical reception and the game already being infamous for being one of the worst PC ports in recent years (in addition to technical issues on PS5), I don't expect it to do too hot or have legs.

@ Thread: Excellent to see Dead Space doing so well, a further revival of the IP is a given at this point, with minimum a DS2 Remake happening.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
About time a console soon entering its 7th FY is slowly reaching market saturation, finally some changes.
This year should be big for PS5 as well, curious to see how it'll go.

Surprised about Fire Emblem, it's doing really well for an IP that was close to dead 11 years ago.
Sonic is also having some nice legs.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Xbox has a demand problem where it was supposed to be their strongest region. Damn.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

I mean it was probably the hypest the series has been combined with the anime production value skyrocketing + a marketing push with the movie as a large backbone.