• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
#EverybodyWinning

God Of War's performance is simply put astonishing. Single-player. Non-open world. A story with defined characters. No significant online functionality. No dance emotes. And yet, here we are

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
#EverybodyWinning

God Of War's performance is simply put astonishing. Single-player. Non-open world. A story with defined characters. No significant online functionality. No dance emotes. And yet, here we are

Qxy3CFd.gif

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Mario Tennis Aces, NES Classic, and God of War still killing it?!

That's the way it should be. I bought Aces, but I didn't think anyone else did. Nobody I know personally has it, though I know a ton of people who own Switches.

What's really interesting is that Crash made top 10 overall, but not on PS4, and instead on Xbox and Switch. Former PlayStation mascot isn't in top ten on PlayStation.

Well, the PS4 version released a year ago, so ...

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

That's the way it should be. I bought Aces, but I didn't think anyone else did. Nobody I know personally has it, though I know a ton of people who own Switches.

What's really interesting is that Crash made top 10 overall, but not on PS4, and instead on Xbox and Switch. Former PlayStation mascot isn't in top ten on PlayStation.
Do you know when it launched in ps4 ? Vs the other 2 console ? Isn't that common sense to not chart on PS4 since it relased 14 months ago?and go check the numbers on PS4 and compare it to x1 and switch then continue with the mascot talk

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyways, yes, Fortnite is a primary driver of Hardware overperformance. I think it's had a massive impact on Xbox One, a very strong impact on Switch in June, and a marginal impact to PS4. Fortnite's been a significant, and primary, contributor to ACC & GC growth year on year as well. I can't remember another game (perhaps Guitar Hero?) that has had as much likely impact to the HW demand curve as Fortnite is now, although I'm sure I'm missing something.
Mind explaining more? How do you determine if the game is having an impact or no? Also how is it having massive impact on Xbox but marginal on PS4? I even don't get how you think it's having more impact on Switch
H1Z1 above Fortnite is interesting.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fifth month in a row with PS4 on top.
State of Decay 2 from #1 to #20.
GOW second best selling game of the year.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
You gotta imagine these console manufacturers get on their knees every morning and thank the gods for Fortnite

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017

Because it came out a year ago???

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll Spidey is gonna be so crazy

I mean like, soooooo crazy

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
At the very least this demonstrates that Xbox has a market and brand cachet in the US. It's something for Microsoft to build from going into the next generation.

One may see this as impressive, another may see this as being somewhat shortsighted, given that the US doesn't equals the world. I also half-wonder where the Xbox One would be at at present if it didn't have a temporarily price cut of sorts nearly every single month (this year).

Seeing both Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 drop out of the top twenty like a rock is a little bit disheartening too.

I am rather pleased to see the Xbox One doing well in the US, but I really do wish it was doing half as well outside of arguably its only strong market...

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft has done an excellent job of bouncing back in the latter half of this gen which puts them in a much better position heading into next gen.

I mean it's great to see Xbox being up yoy but at the same time it has had crazy deals this year. This June had $199 S model and discount for X too. If Switch or PS4 Slim had that $199 deal they would fly off the shelves (like we saw in november for PS4). Xbox needs these huge discounts to just keep up with the others. I mean MS obviously has money for these so fair play to them and it's one way to position your self better for next round.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I believe the idea behind GamePass is to sell in game content. That seems like to be working well.
Is it though ? We have no way of knowing as MS refuses to publish any meaningful number like concurent player numbers for the games .I m not saying it is not.i m saying we don't know as MS doesn't give any meaningful numbers anymore

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All the concern trolling about Detroit seems really silly now.

And as someone who doesn't own a Switch, I am continually stunned how much Nintendo software is selling with the current install base. It's bonkers.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It isnt just price cuts keeping Xbox up YoY

It's a combination of good deals, the X, and good communication with their consumers the last 1-2 years.

Trying to pin the huge increase to the brands performance around only promotions is under selling it considerably

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
SO ERA can we agree that EA once again are bunch of fucking liers? They canceled the star wars game cause single player games dont sell right? Wasnt that what they said? Here we have proof GOW a single player game is selling amazing