• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I am surprised that GoW is still in Top10 on twitch, while we got games made with streamers in mind that flopped hard on twitch

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
God of War was in development for 5 years.
Probably cost 100 million to make.
That is nearly two weeks of Fortnite revenue...

GOW was made to sell console,where Sony (like Apple & Google on iOS and Android) as platform holder takes 30% cut from all PSN digital sales and now almost 35 million PS+ subscriptions.

When you look from that perspective,how much GOW,on it's own,is profitable is irrelevant.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
i'd say it's already a success if they can keep the loss small enough, so they don't have to shut down the studio.
instead, sony could finally put them on a project that is more promising and contemporary than single player games, because the guys at santa monica seem to be quite talented after all. for example, they can start working on an avatar system for the playstation network.

Another option would be to try to improve the PS4 SDK, so that whinefests like the one in the Witcher 3 Pro patch thread can be avoided in the future.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
No sales numbers from Sony this week = flop.

Just like Gran Turismo Sport...

Fun part is trying to create new headers for the best-sellers charts without using an additional 20 words to explain it.

I have yet to create a thread on here, but surely you can squeeze in 'Sea of Thieves (XB1 & Win10) #2' and just say that the 'PS4 #1 hardware' instead of 'PS4 tops hardware charts'.

i'd say it's already a success if they can keep the loss small enough, so they don't have to shut down the studio.

instead, sony could finally put them on a project that is more promising and contemporary than single player games, because the guys at santa monica seem to be quite talented after all.

for example, they can start working on an avatar system for the playstation network.

This is the darkest (slavesnyder) timeline.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GOW was made to sell console,where Sony (like Apple & Google on iOS and Android) as platform holder takes 30% cut from all PSN digital sales and now almost 35 million PS+ subscriptions.

When you look from that perspective,how much GOW,on it's own,is profitable is irrelevant.
So GoW is not only award bait, it's also platform bait so even more people play Fortnite on Ps4. I get it now!

Oct 25, 2017
So 3.1M for God of War essentially confirms a new record for US launch.

Amazing performance. Pretty far beyond my expectations. I expected a number like that in a week or so.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought GoW would do really well, but on track to do 5m in the first month, perhaps quite a bit faster even, is amazing :)

People are already dismissing Spider-Man though... I wouldn't go so fast.
I think it will sell great whatever the reviews are (within a certain limit), but if it hits 90+ average and the marketing is on point (Spider-Verse comes out 2 months later during the Holidays)...
We could see some insane numbers imo.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge

I think it will sell great whatever the reviews are, but if it hits 90+ average and the marketing is on point (Spider-Verse comes out 2 months later during the Holidays)... We could see some insane numbers IMO.

I believe a bundle that includes Spider-Man and a Blu-ray copy of The Avengers: Infinity War for $299 (slim) and $399 (Pro) would do extremely well.

They already did something very similar with LEGO Star Wars that included a Blu-ray copy of The Force Awakens back in 2016, which was a popular choice for families to buy.

c221fc13-7b50-4dcd-8d45-47d00b5e1a16.png._CB273648163_.png

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I thought GoW would do really well, but on track to do 5m in the first month, perhaps quite a bit faster even, is amazing :)

I think it will sell great whatever the reviews are (within a certain limit), but if it hits 90+ average and the marketing is on point (Spider-Verse comes out 2 months later during the Holidays)...
We could see some insane numbers imo.

Advertise Iron spider suit in theater before Avenger Infinity War, use Avenger Infinity War bluray release for co marketing, Advertise the game in theater before Venom movie...

The power of marketing campaign of Sony and Disney/Marvel is strong. All will depends of the quality of the game.

Last edited:

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
with the lack of backwards compatibility, playstation victims are forced to buy new games. no wonder this army of desperation is piling up sales numbers for the few available games that seem to be remarkable at first glance. Let them have their small triumph. In the meantime, the competition is on a record-setting road to glory.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
with the lack of backwards compatibility, playstation victims are forced to buy new games. no wonder this army of desperation is piling up sales numbers for the few available games that seem to be remarkable at first glance. Let them have their small triumph. In the meantime, the competition is on a record-setting road to glory.

Give them laser swords and then we'd really be talking.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best comment on Resetera. lol

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Give them laser swords and then we'd really be talking.

/dad

Oops I meant /dead