• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's crazy that Switch is seeing double-digit YOY growth with such a barren release slate in 1H 2019.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Wow Days Gone and MLB in the top 10 YTD

So happy for Bend and San Diego !

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone was the second best-selling game of May, repeating its April performance, and is now the eighth best-selling game of 2019 (year to date).
daysgonesmilep7ky1.jpg

Damn right!

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Switch being this strong before the 2nd half deluge even begins. Wooweee.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats to The Creative Assembly with Three Kingdoms! I'm glad to see Total War doing so well.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy that Switch is seeing double-digit YOY growth with such a barren release slate in 1H 2019.
There is a Yoshi game and a Mario game that's done increadibly well even if the people here know it's a re-release. Most people didn't have a Wii U and don't care.

More broadly there's a lot of 3rd party releases so it's not at all barren if you play other things than Nintendo releases.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Sonic just got crushed by the current dominance of Mario Kart 8 and the oncoming Crash Team Racing.

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone passing Sekiro LTD is another serious indication that Bend's game should be far far above 2 million worldwide.

In pretty much any market Days Gone has been way stronger than Sekiro, and the latter sold 2 million copies in less than 10 days.

Even better, Days Gone should be quite strong in June too with the Days of Play promotion.
Sony is ashamed.....for whatever reason.

I guess with the behemoth sales of their other games they don't want to make it look unimpressive by comparison.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
The release was really weird. You couldn't pre-order any digital versions and it unlocked very late. It wasn't available on the psn store until the day of release. The way that release was handled was freaking disaster. I'm sure this game could've done waaaay better than that with decent marketing. God damn it Sega. You make a good game and you decide to fuck up it's release. Then it's gonna sell like shit and you'll be validated in giving low budget to your Sonic games. Sonic could do way more than this. It pisses me off.
And the Switch is one of the best third party conversions ever, stable 30fps with native 720p resolution

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That explains why it's so hard to find full online matches for TSR.

RIP. Still pretty amazed that they managed to fuck up the sequel to Transformed.
I was heart broken when they announced it wasn't going to be a followup to Transformed. The game was so good

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
Would love for Sony to release some sort of indication of how well Days Gone is doing, I think it would be great morale for the team, after having this narrative around the game that it was going to bomb.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kinda surprised Anthem moved up the charts. Maybe there's hope for it and Bioware yet...

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
KH3 with that damn hold. I wonder when it will finally drop below number 2. Surprised such a niche franchise performed so well.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It topped Switch NPD last month.
We're talking about this month... it's dropping way fast and outsold by 4 evergreens, the fourth of these being #16 on the monthly ranking, while MK11 still topping the charts on other platforms.
Maybe not "terrible" per se, but certainly not great.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
11. Mario Kart 8*
19. Team Sonic Racing

Deserved. Aim for 60fps on your top platform next time guys.

LordZap

Oct 27, 2017
Don't recall seeing a Total War in the top three before, happy for CA ,when was the last time a PC exclusive charted that high?

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
Bravo for Mortal Kombat! But it feels so sad seeing Team Sonic Racing as a Sonic fan. Let's hope Crash Team Racing succeeds in its stead.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
MK11 still putting in work.

Team Sonic Racing, yikes. That explains why there's so little online races.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bra Days Gone because I want a sequel!!! Been enjoying the hell out of it and unlike others I didnt think it started slow, pacing is great imo. Love this game.

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah, it's because of the long-term attach rate to Nintendo games. I remember Mario Kart Wii topping Amazon charts in December 2017. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). And it might also just be late adopters like myself. I got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate close to launch, but I didn't get Breath of the Wild until this year. Not sure how many other consumers have this situation, but that might explain it.