• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hussmk

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't RDR1 sell 1.5 million in its first NPD? Does this mean RDR2 sold 4.5+ million in 9 days?

Unless it's about dollar sales...

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
Damn! Awesome month for gaming, Sony killing it. Good to see MS and Nintendo all doing well. 3 healthy ecosystems.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The two were likely close on Switch and the few PS4/XBO sales it had put it over Zelda.
I would assume they're fairly close, and the handful of old PS4/Xbox copies of Diablo still selling were enough to oush it over overall, even while the Switch version alone lagged slightly?
oh yea, teh other versions. forgot they existed there. I guess with the prices they have, the sales are bigger than people think

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew that BO4 would sell more than RDR2. I don't know about the LTD but at the very least it'll sell more in 2018.

Nice results for SMP and Soul Calibur as well!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
"highest total spend for a month of October" sounds like really good news to me.

Spider-Man still in the top ten for the month, that's, uh, Amazing.

Also crazy to see BLOPS IIII and RDR2 already at top of the YTD sales list. I guess the rest of the year is really just a warm-up.

When I read "BOIIII", I thought you meant God of War...

Hahaha.

TheRealMjeed

Oct 30, 2017
Poor Starlink :'(

Hope it recovers during the holiday. At least we know most of the sales are for the Switch version

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII launch month dollar sales represent the 8th highest in Video Game history since The NPD Group began tracking in 1995. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII instantly becomes the best-selling game of the year, and the 2nd best-selling game across the past twelve month period, trailing only Call of Duty: WWII.

Good christ, BLOPS killed it. I think a lot of people were expecting RDR2 to take October easily, even with fewer days on sale.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Is the PS4's top 10 YTD list erroneous? God of War is nowhere to be found, even though it's supposedly the 6th best-selling game of the year on all platforms. And I have a hard time believing My Hero One's Justice outsold GoW.

e:
Only the first list is a YTD list. All of the others are for October specifically.
Ah. Brain freeze.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The PS4 needs to calm down lol. Let someone else have its day in the spotlight. At this point we're unlikely to see another console get top billing until at least next year, likely even later.

Super Mario Party and Soulcaliber VI charting so high are the major two surprises for me. That and Diablo 3 managing to chart on the all platforms chart despite being a late Switch port released near the end of the month.

EDIT: No info on how well Xbox and Switch did in October?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Soul Calibur VI debuts at #6: Soul Calibur VI debuts as the sixth best-selling game of October. Soul Calibur VI achieved the third highest launch month dollar sales for the franchise in tracked history, trailing only Soul Calibur IV and Soul Calibur II.

Hopefully that's what Namco was expecting.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blackout is just insanely good, no other Battle Royale experience comes close.

And of course Red Dead is my GOTG and probably the best game i've played in general.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Congrats to Treyarch! Black Ops 4 is the best COD in years from what I've heard, and I can't wait to grab it during Black Friday on PC and PS4 (one for my brother, one for me)
RDR2 won't be at #2 on the NPD charts for long I think...
Love to see AC: Odyssey keep kicking ass and silence the doubters again, another game I can't wait to pick up during BF
King Spidey still hanging around in the top 10, hope it keeps climbing the charts into the holiday season!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how digital did for COD and Red Dead. I guessed that COD would be over Red Dead (correct) due to a better digital ratio. Hopefully we can get some insight on that.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm really not convinced Battlefront 2 sold poorly when all was said and done:

Dse7PoHUwAAGFFe.jpg

Deleted member 13855

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
The brand power of Call of Duty is incredible. Nixing the campaign for BO4 kept me from checking it out but apparently had no impact on fans. Is it possible next year's COD skips the single player campaign as well?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Dark Souls, diablo, starlink, and fucking Twewy on top 10 Switch games.

Third parties eating.
Yup and that's without digital.
I would assume that this trend will continue - especially since we are expecting a Switch price drop next year...so I guess most 3rdParty will try to have more content ready for Switch by then.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Holy cow Mario Party... 9th last months with one week, now 5th... It must be doing wonders.

November and December are Nintendo's months, so looking forward for Zelda and Odyssey legs. With People picking up Pokemon now and Smash in December, lots and lots of people will grab both... Maybe even sell 1mill+ each which is absolutely nuts!

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I don't think any video game console besides PS2 has ever broken monthly records in its 5th year in the market.

Positive as fuck sign of there being tons of life left for PS4. A $199 permanent price is going to be crazy intriguing to see on NPD charts.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any video game console besides PS2 has ever broken monthly records in its 5th year in the market.

Positive as fuck sign of there being tons of life left for PS4. A $199 permanent price is going to be crazy intriguing to see on NPD charts.

Maybe the X360 after the Kinect revival ?

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
And here I was thinking SCVI did awful. Happy with the sales. An excellent game