• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
not much to finish with the evil within, it's not like it ended on a huge cliffhanger or anything
Evil Within 1 and 2 spoilers
It doesn't address Ruvik escaping at the end of the first game at all and only if you get all the slides do you find out that Jonathan survived the first game with no details as to where he's been or what he's been up to. Those plot lines need to be concluded.

Todd Black

Nov 3, 2017
At first I was like, "Who beat Mario?" And then I saw the games were multiplatform titles that had a lot of hype and then I was like, "Yeah, I understand now." lol

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Wait, so Odyssey is the true #1 right? Because Nintendo's PR says it was and they include Digital Sales?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-16-switch-tops-us-charts-for-october
Update: If you're wondering why Nintendo is claiming Mario is number one when NPD shows that Shadow of War took top honors, that's because Nintendo is only looking at physical data, whereas NPD's chart is taking physical and digital into account.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shadow of War looks so average. Kinda shocked at it's succcess.

Would be interesting to know where Mario Odyssey would place with digital sales included.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, Shadow of War is in first place. I was expecting it because of the sales in Steam.
Odyssey and Origins did great! I'm happy for them. Wolfenstein 2 though, isn't this really bad for them? Another Besthesda game in a position like this.

And finally, Switch in first place. I'm expecting it to be in the same position in the next two months (I can see PS4 being in first tho).

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Wait are Mario, AC and Wolf all based on a single day of tracking? That throws all of this into question then

Deleted member 1062

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Evil Within 1 and 2 spoilers
It doesn't address Ruvik escaping at the end of the first game at all and only if you get all the slides do you find out that Jonathan survived the first game with no details as to where he's been or what he's been up to. Those plot lines need to be concluded.
ah oh well. it sucks we'll never know! :(

ArcaneFreeze

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda and Mario Kart out selling FE:W on its launch month, ech. Was hoping for a better performance from it. But I guess thats what happens when its released a week before Odyssey and Zelda and MK are evergreen titles that are "must buys" for new customers. Really think they should have made FE:W their late September title with Pokken releasing early September.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. Evil Within 2 above Wolfenstein 2 and they are both out of the top 10. Nice to see SMB Odyssey up there though. Deserves all the sales. Not suprised about Shadow of War.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Great showing from Odyssey while being an exclusive. It's honestly crazy (but not surprising) to see how long Zelda & Mario Kart's legs are.

As for Fire Emblem Warriors, I'm kinda worried about it not charting.

It did chart, at #17.

So basically we don't know? It could be #1 with Digital?

It could be but it's doubtful. Nintendo platforms tend to have a smaller digital ratio.

I know I bought it digital though.

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear on these numbers. Shadow of War's tracked the entire month since it launched at the end of september. While games like AC:O, Wolfenstien and Mario only tracked for 2 or 3 days. The latter two not including digital sales.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That trash shadow of war best selling while both bethesda games completely tanked.

There is no justice in this world.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mario Kart is a beast. Deluxe port of a 3 year old game that quite a lot of people did buy and it is the 10th highest selling game of the year half a year after its release. And exclusive of course.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Samus Returns legs was at least enough to keep it about EO5 and Pokemon.

Not that it means much, but at least it didn't have a horrible drop seemingly...

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bigger story on Odyssey to me is that it's the 3rd biggest Action Mario launch in packaged SW sales since '95. That's amazing. Add a reasonable digital extrap? Odyssey is doing amazing things!

PapaShango

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see Nintendo back on top of the heap... also great to see Forza selling well, given the remarkable quality and consistency of the franchise, it deserves it.

Oct 25, 2017
No digital helps out the Bethesda games a little bit. Still, AAA linear single-player only games look like they're done... At least during the busy fall months.

I didnt buy the Evil Within because when I have no hype for a game, I typically wont spend 60 bucks unless the metacritic is at least 80-85

Waiting on Wolfenstein 2 because I already have a huge back log and unlike Nintendo games, 3rd party game prices readily plummet.

Skyrim switch is on its way though, Bethesda!

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
If this is a single weekend of data for Mario, Wolf and AC than I would not be surprised if either Mario or AC is #1 this month and I hope and pray Wolf cracks the top 10

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why the surprise on Forza? Better game reviewed far better. GTS always seemed like half a game to me. Forza 7 with the imminent arrival of the X was always going to do better. Especially as it had more than double the content.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda and Mario Kart out selling FE:W on its launch month, ech. Was hoping for a better performance from it. But I guess thats what happens when its released a week before Odyssey and Zelda and MK are evergreen titles that are "must buys" for new customers. Really think they should have made FE:W their late September title with Pokken releasing early September.
FEW should've been delayed to Q1 2018.
Pokken and Mario were honestly good enough for Sept and Oct in terms of 1st Party. FEW didn't really move the needle.

Unless we're getting a lot of Q1 games we don't know about yet or something

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
So I went back and looked at the November 2013 NPD charts, and wow, I had no idea Mario 3D World didn't even make the Top 10 that month,

138689058428yfpko.jpg

What a turn around.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you did. Saw your tweet prediction yesterday.

Shrug. I can't see NIN digital sales. Wish I could.
A more interesting question is how it compared to AC:O with digital sales included, since they were released the same week at the very end of the month. I'm curious how Mario would've compared if it had a week or two of more sales included

Status
Not open for further replies.