• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that after I made the post (damn Safari search function). I edited the post accordingly, but it at #17 does still worry me. Maybe Odyssey kinda ate into the hype?

Yeah it clearly seems to have underperformed.

Bigger story on Odyssey to me is that it's the 3rd biggest Action Mario launch in packaged SW sales since '95. That's amazing. Add a reasonable digital extrap? Odyssey is doing amazing things!

NOA tweeted that it was the #1 fastest selling Mario title a couple weeks ago, not 3rd. Even faster than NSMB Wii. I guess that was comparing a different amount of time?

nuggetgamer52

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see AC near the top as its very good from what I've played so far
But Wolfenstein 2 :( you deserved better. Probably not the smartest move releasing it so close to other triple A blockbusters

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XV has sold much better than I thought it did for it to still be on this list a year later.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
So I went back and looked at the November 2013 NPD charts, and wow, I had no idea Mario 3D World didn't even make the Top 10 that month,

138689058428yfpko.jpg

What a turn around.
but look at all those Wii U games charting though!
heh

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It seems like people will buy single player games without loot boxes on Nintendo consoles.

Please save Wolfenstein. :(

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem Warriors appearing as #4 for Switch means that the game is a somewhat decent seller. KT said they were satisfied with sales (probably shipments) so they might not have expected much

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I went back and looked at the November 2013 NPD charts, and wow, I had no idea Mario 3D World didn't even make the Top 10 that month,

138689058428yfpko.jpg

What a turn around.

Not really, personally i had no interest in DS style Mario games. Full on 3D Mario game is what people have been wanting for a long time.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
I think Evil Within may have a surprising hold in November due to YouTubers.

If the game ultimately does alright, I fear we have the unlikeliest of heroes to thank...

416x416.jpg

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bigger story on Odyssey to me is that it's the 3rd biggest Action Mario launch in packaged SW sales since '95. That's amazing. Add a reasonable digital extrap? Odyssey is doing amazing things!

That is confirmation of it beating all the NSMB games as well as both Galaxy games then?

Very impressive indeed. Do the Super Mario Odyssey bundle numbers figure into that since the game was a digital version or not?

Kriken

Oct 25, 2017
A bit surprised Shadow of War took the top spot and not Assassin's Creed. Not too shocked about The Evil Within's numbers, but man did Bethesda screw up with Wolfenstein's release date

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No digital for TEW2 and Wolf 2 make it impossible to know how badly they did.

I mean, it's not impossible... can make some reasonable estimates.

What software came out last October?

Battlefield 1 was the biggy. Check the video.

I'm guessing NPD doesn't count these bundles then?

Bundled software is NEVER included in any software chart.

Sire Yoshi

Oct 25, 2017
RestEra Sales threads
Last edited:

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think many here missed the part where gran turismo normally sells alot more in eu territory over us, been a trend with that franchise

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really, personally i had no interest in DS style Mario games. Full on 3D Mario game is what people have been wanting for a long time.

Super Mario 3D World was a "DS style game"?

You're going to have to explain what that means tom me at least for me to understand.

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you adjust for days in market, some having digital and the other one not... any of the three games could be #1 depending on the assumptions.

Point isn't which was biggest, it's that all 3 did great.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect Wolf 2 to be that low. I thought it got decently promoted, unlike other Bethesda releases this year like Prey and TEW 2.
As for Odyssey, I'm super glad it's doing well. Hopefully it gets a sequel just like Galaxy did back then.

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yup, so basically Mario is 1st overall + bundled + e-shop see what ZhugeEX wrote

No. That's not correct.

Mario physical sales (excluding bundles) are higher than every other games physical sales (excluding bundles).

Nintendo is comparing packaged sales to packaged sales.

NPD's chart includes digital sales. But digital sales are not tracked for Nintendo titles.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
With shadow of war selling well, we're gonna see more microtransactions in single player games. Sad news for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.