• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
that fanboy rhetoric has been around for a while.
When MS got some good PR due to crossplay or BC, we got countless "Sony better follow up by ____"
When Wii U bombed everyone talked about Nintendo needing to make a Sony (or MS) type powerful console, or copy Sega and go third party. Which really meant they want Mario on PS5
And Switch fans acting like portable gaming is the end all be all. And everyone should copy.

seems like whenever a "team" feels they get a W, they think everyone else better follow suit.
This is so true. Got so annoying on the old site

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the $199 PS4 is sold out on Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, and Walmart websites. The price point is magical and can continue to do wonders for Sony but they need to restock ASAP.

What? It's already sold out in all of those places? They won't restock for the black friday?

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Stock is most definitely being saved for tomorrow, and being prioritized for retail. Retailers won't let products go OOS the day before the big event.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at Walmart waiting in line right now and it's a madhouse.

I've seen three Switches, one PS4, one XB1 in peoples' carts so far.

TONS of PS4 and XB1 games though. They have some amazing sales.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that's exactly what's happening... stores are holding stock for BF.

Either that or Sony dropped the ball.
I think Abdiel has already confirmed stock is being reserved for Friday.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was also the case at Amazon, though they don't have a need for "doorbuster deals".

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is very aggressive this holiday season. I seen a bunch of ads on TV for the Slim deal and PSVR.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. That 200 Xbox s is making me go into impulsive buy territory.

Would love to play some Halo and whatnot with my cousin. And I need a blu-ray player.

Oct 27, 2017
that fanboy rhetoric has been around for a while.
When MS got some good PR due to crossplay or BC, we got countless "Sony better follow up by ____"
When Wii U bombed everyone talked about Nintendo needing to make a Sony (or MS) type powerful console, or copy Sega and go third party. Which really meant they want Mario on PS5
And Switch fans acting like portable gaming is the end all be all. And everyone should copy.

seems like whenever a "team" feels they get a W, they think everyone else better follow suit.

Hot damn. Clapbacks all around especially on Sony and Switch fans.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping we'll get numbers on both Skyrim launches this month. Switch version will probably make the Switch top 10 in November but I'll be shocked if Skyrim makes PS4's top 10.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping we'll get numbers on both Skyrim launches this month. Switch version will probably make the Switch top 10 in November but I'll be shocked if Skyrim makes PS4's top 10.
Considering that less than 1.5-2 million PSVR headsets have been sold Worldwide, it's pretty much impossible for Skyrim VR to make it into the Top 10.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are still plentiful. I can go to best buy, and gamespot online, and buy one right now. Not to mention every store on istocknow.com shows a huge inventory. Many target's stores are showing 100+ units.

It seems you are trying too hard

[edit: reading the rest of the thread I guess enough people have taken you to task enough :P Strike my comment]

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today is Black Friday, for all intents and purposes. I kinda doubt that retailers are just sitting on or holding back inventory just so they can try and sell it tomorrow.

Most retailers like Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart, etc. are holding back stock for in store sales, which is why you're not seeing a lot of hardware online at the moment.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey (#3) just overtook the 50$ PSN code in the Amazon yearly chart.

This generation, not a single game finished above the 50$ PSN code.

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some good deals at GameStop.

Super Mario Odyssey (#3) just overtook the 50$ PSN code in the Amazon yearly chart.

This generation, not a single game finished above the 50$ PSN code.
Mario is performing absurdly well. The legs are great.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watch Xbox One X be the biggest toy this holiday. I think many people are underestimating them. Switch having stock ware problems and PS4 having negative PR via Star Wars BF2 pretty much confirms. Yall's favs tried. It's time to accept Microsoft as the only gaming console with something to say.

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Xbox One X be the biggest toy this holiday. I think many people are underestimating them. Switch having stock ware problems and PS4 having negative PR via Star Wars BF2 pretty much confirms. Yall's favs tried. It's time to accept Microsoft as the only gaming console with something to say.
I almost believed you there for a second before the fake woodgrain shine of my Atari Flashback 8 Gold took me out of your ruse and into the light into the true holiday winner.

(I have to assume the X will have strong sales, even if PS4 is selling Cheap and Switch is the hot new tech, premium pricing for power does entice people)

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying too hard in what way? Stock seems to be fine at the moment. does it bother that i checked or something?

Your response to me was fine. Note that my post wasn't based solely on current stock levels. It was based on the fact that a $299 Switch is selling at a level high enough for retailers to temporarily pull the plug on shipping in a timely manner (likely to ensure stock for brick and mortar stores this weekend) and this leads me to believe that, based on Nintendo's inability to supply as much stock as Sony and MS this season (this is an assumption on my part and may prove false), the hardware is likely going to become somewhat challenging to locate as we get deeper into the holidays. But we'll see. I believe it was mentioned in another thread that NCL may airlift Switch consoles to the west again before the year is over, so they may be able to keep up with demand.

Last edited:

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I almost believed you there for a second before the fake woodgrain shine of my Atari Flashback 8 Gold took me out of your ruse and into the light into the true holiday winner.

(I have to assume the X will have strong sales, even if PS4 is selling Cheap and Switch is the hot new tech, premium pricing for power does entice people)
You are right, I completely forgot about Apple probably selling more phones/tablets than any of the gaming consoles. Phones/Tablets offer more value than either. #AppleWins

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
07502c2044bf472320eee9ded5a4855590f8f7b004a5e843b37ae0844a84c283

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it's not. It's at a price point where people can afford. There's a reason why PS4 and Xbox S are selling boatloads because it's under 200 bucks.

I've seen a lot of people reselling these $200 models already trying to make a small profit when they sell out and/or stop selling at that price.

So there is that dynamic going on here too.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a random retail musing but the gamestop I was at sold as many used Xbox 360's as ps4's while I was there(5). Is there a deal going on or something

I know we have insiders here with their own specific info...but FWIW, GameStop is really pushing the narrative that the Switch and Xbox will be the big sellers this holiday.

For some reason they aren't mentioning the ps4 so much. Wonder why they feel this way.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I know the Switch, PS4, and X1X are the Systems most are watching closely, but I'm really curious how the 3DS will hold up this holiday as it's likely the last major holiday season for it. Next year it won't have a Pokémon title and I'm guessing no major titles so it will be interesting to me to see what Nintendo can squeeze out of it this year.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the $199 PS4 is sold out on Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, and Walmart websites. The price point is magical and can continue to do wonders for Sony but they need to restock ASAP.

I don't think the goal by Sony is to sell as many ps4's as they can at $199...otherwise they would make that price permanent.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure Sony had a finite number of systems they were willing to let be bought at that price this November...no?

Oct 25, 2017
Just did a quick stock check at my Canadian wal mart. Deals are not on par, but the slim ps4 was gone. Still had 2 pros and one nhl bundle. Couldn't see Xbox because staff were blocking it. They had 63 switches left across the different versions.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Is PS4 still ahead of PS2 or has it since been overtaken?
PS4 is ahead even comparing production shipment (PS2) vs shipment to retail (PS4).

Today is Black Friday, for all intents and purposes. I kinda doubt that retailers are just sitting on or holding back inventory just so they can try and sell it tomorrow.
Online will be sold out for while... they are holding stock to sell at stores tomorrow (this morning to be fair).

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trying too hard in what way? Stock seems to be fine at the moment. does it bother that i checked or something?

Well, saying that the Switch will sell 800k while ps4 will sell 1.7 million....saying Target's have 100+ Switch boxes lying around unsold...it's trying too hard.

As has been said, you click on sites that supposedly have "in stock" they say you can buy the Switch and pick it up in December (wait till next shipment?)....if you look at instocknow, it shows how often these places are going out of stock and then re supplying.

Look, it's ok if you are biased, I get it!...but your posts were getting increasingly blind to how much Switch demand there IS out there.

Last edited:

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
I know we have insiders here with their own specific info...but FWIW, GameStop is really pushing the narrative that the Switch and Xbox will be the big sellers this holiday.

For some reason they aren't mentioning the ps4 so much. Wonder why they feel this way.
Who is pushing this narrative? I literally only see people saying that the PS4 is selling a lot.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I wonder why GameStop was trying to paint the Switch/Xbox great holiday selling narrative to their investors then
EDIT: Nvm, saw it.

Well I don't think they were wrong, Switch was going to be out of stock, but I don't think they expected the PS4 to do so well lol.

They're also going to say this since they're new consoles, so them selling is going to make sense.

Imad issa

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Well, saying that the Switch will sell 800k while ps4 will sell 1.7 million....saying Target's have 100+ Switch boxes lying around unsold...it's trying too hard.

As has been said, you click on sites that supposedly have "in stock" they say you can buy the Switch and pick it up in December....if you look at instocknow, it shows how often these places are going out of stock and then re supplying.

Look, it's ok if you are biased, I get it!...but your posts were getting increasingly blind to how much Switch demand there IS out there.

It's the same for every console though, just check yourself at best buy and walmart.

Just because i have switch at 870k, and PS4 at 1.7 million, i'm biased? it's just a prediction, calm down.

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I wonder why GameStop was trying to paint the Switch/Xbox great holiday selling narrative to their investors then

Why do you keep using the term "narrative"?

Switch and One X are the new boxes this year, so Switch will be up huge compared to Wii U last year, and Xbox One should be up pretty big year on year because of One X. PS4 could end up being the best selling platform, but spend might not even be up when compared to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.