• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Black Friday.* One day of the holiday shopping season. There were four weeks of November this month, and there will be five weeks of December. And the other two are sold out. Well, the PS4 is.

*possibly

The entire week of Black Friday. Switch did not outsell Xbox or PlayStation from what I can tell.

Yes the month is up in the air. And where have I commented on December at all yet?

Imad issa

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The reason there were / are lots of Switch available is not because Nintendo shipped substantially more product than Sony or MS Black Friday week.

It's because they sold less

That should be obvious. Nintendo still has stock issues in japan. so it wouldn't make sense for nintendo to ship anywhere near what Sony or Microsoft can

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, so you got in your feelings because he posted a picture of Reggie shrugging? You might need to take a break from ResetEra and get a snack or something.

Point is, the image in response to the article is low brow and adds nothing meaningful to the conversation while only encouraging system wars fanboy crap. SinCityAssassin should've just reported the post instead of getting caught up in it, and because he did, you're quoting him and telling him to take a break. So this is a prime example of how adding something to a thread makes it worse.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's going to be it from me for the month. To be honest I've put waaaaaay more out there than I ever should have.

See ya'll when the results hit

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The entire week of Black Friday. Switch did not outsell Xbox or PlayStation from what I can tell.

Yes the month is up in the air. And where have I commented on December at all yet?

Didn't Ps4 sold at 199$ from the 17th until 25th of November? That's many days of sales so unless Mario seriously moved bundles I can't see Nintendo winning this years month.

December is a different story, Xmas is Nintendo Season.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

You didn't. I was coming from an angle that they would overstuff to keep up with whatever demand will be present in December.

Alas, I always forget that people can't read minds.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So what percentage of overall sales are online sales for a typical black friday period? Something like ~10%?

For video game products I mean.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
That's going to be it from me for the month. To be honest I've put waaaaaay more out there than I ever should have.

See ya'll when the results hit

Most (all?) of us appreciate all the info you have provided. I know you can't get specific but the info you did give provided a lot of insight into the sales and was extremely helpful.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most (all?) of us appreciate all the info you have provided. I know you can't get specific but the info you did give provided a lot of insight into the sales and was extremely helpful.

Oh I know and I appreciate all the discussion. Always love talking sales. That said I'm already anticipating a huge blow back when results hit and not everything looks identical to what I've seen even though I have cautioned time and again to be wary of any info without the full market data.

It's not going to be fun but I guess it comes with the territory :-)

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I know and I appreciate all the discussion. Always love talking sales. That said I'm already anticipating a huge blow back when results hit and not everything looks identical to what I've seen even though I have cautioned time and again to be wary of any info without the full market data.

I'll prepare the stick they'll want to put your head on for you. What type of wood would you prefer.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

I think a lot of us are expecting the same thing : the PS4/XB1 competing for the top spot and the Switch not too far behind. As long as it stays that way, people will be relatively satisfied. Now if Switch "wins" the month or if the gaps between the consoles are huge we will have meltdowns that's for sure.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Aren't the results "saying" PS4 sold the most and you've seemed to imply that so I would assume everyone would expect that. I'm not sure what blow back there will be. It should be PS4 then Xbox then Switch.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of us are expecting the same thing : the PS4/XB1 competing for the top spot and the Switch not too far behind. As long as it stays that way, people will be relatively satisfied. Now if Switch "wins" the month or if the gap between the consoles are huge we will have meltdowns that's for sure.

Thing is Switch really could "win" it / sell the most. Black Friday week is the biggest week of the month but there are others and Switch had performed solid all month. Who knows really.

Switch "winning" by a wide margin would be the only result that would truly shock me as I don't see any evidence of that. Any other result would be a realistic scenario to me.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Thing is Switch really could "win" it / sell the most. Black Friday week is the biggest week of the month but there are others and Switch had performed solid all month. Who knows really.

Switch "winning" by a wide margin would be the only result that would truly shock me as I don't see any evidence of that. Any other result would be a realistic scenario to me.
But isn't the take away that everyone won!?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Little did you know, I bought 500,000 Switches and the freighter they came in on and then reported it to Mat!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I think you've done a very good job framing the information you provide as based on the data you have access to, and not the complete picture. Then again people do love to lash out.

Either way, assuming all 3 have had great Novembers I don't think anyone will be too pissed regardless of the order they come out in.

Aren't the results "saying" PS4 sold the most and you've seemed to imply that so I would assume everyone would expect that. I'm not sure what blow back there will be. It should be PS4 then Xbox then Switch.

He's saying that he doesn't have access to all the data and never claimed to, so if it turns out any different from that (based on data he doesn't have access to) people might blame him for misleading them. Which would be silly because he's done a good job explaining what he's saying.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for all the infos! Very much appreciated.

What do you guys think the most "boring" results would be?

I think a
PS4 1.2
XB1 1.1
NS 1.0

result would be (relatively) boring and a

NS 1.6
XB1 1.4
PS4 1.0

Would potentially send some over the edge... But maybe not as much as

NS 1.6
PS4 1.1
XB1 1.1

... Dunno.
Should be fun anyways to find out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I think you've done a very good job framing the information you provide as based on the data you have access to, and not the complete picture. Then again people do love to lash out.

Either way, assuming all 3 have had great Novembers I don't think anyone will be too pissed regardless of the order they come out in.

He's saying that he doesn't have access to all the data and never claimed to, so if it turns out any different from that (based on data he doesn't have access to) people might blame him for misleading them. Which would be silly because he's done a good job explaining what he's saying.

I'll be

/s

No emoticons :(

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone! Been a really great time talking everything through. And most everyone has been Awesome. Nice to see a sales thread so alive

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

we'll be too busy laughing at the meltdowns and new memes.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
But isn't the take away that everyone won!?

Let me tell you a story about the Internet and it's rules with regard to those who come in 2nd...

09aa049a180cb206171b498a0490fd87.gif

Thanks everyone! Been a really great time talking everything through. And most everyone has been Awesome. Nice to see a sales thread so alive

absolutely, but people like you contributing their insights is what really propels this thread, so, once again, thanks for that.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Thanks for all the infos! Very much appreciated.

What do you guys think the most "boring" results would be?

I think a
PS4 1.2
XB1 1.1
NS 1.0

result would be (relatively) boring and a

NS 1.6
XB1 1.4
PS4 1.0

Would potentially send some over the edge... But maybe not as much as

NS 1.6
PS4 1.1
XB1 1.1

... Dunno.
Should be fun anyways to find out.

I still think XBX will edge out first place due to about 400k pre-orders of X1X, so I would consider that to be the most boring result. I think PS4, XB1 and NS will all be over 1M, and I think they will all be pretty close.

Oct 25, 2017
Note aside, while I was in London and Barcelona just recently, Nintendo UK and Gamestop had some awesome switch bundles, but none below 299 pound or Euros. I went to a small video game shop and they said they sold a few, but people were expecting 299 for the switch and a game at least.
Hopefully it did well.

I wouldn't expect a 299 bundle with a game maybe in the Summer or next holiday.

Cladyclad

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Plz let this November be over :(

Its making me start to hate videogames, but at the same time I can't avoid the fuckery of a Nov NPD. I need help

Dr.AfroJaguar

Banned for having multiple alt accounts
Nov 21, 2017
I think it tells volumes Sony has stated PR but none of it indicated they won bf in the u.s. but we did get something for the UK.

The map I posted a page or two a go from Google that stayed the same from Nov.21-25 was still the same as of yesterday.

I think it's safe to say Xbox won handily.

Status
Not open for further replies.