• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.AfroJaguar

Banned for having multiple alt accounts
Nov 21, 2017
Shows ps4 winning in most states and it was #1 npd 2016

I still think we'd have to look back multiple years 2014/15 see if we can gleam a pattern.

It's pretty accurate all the way to even 2014, the last time Xbox took the map (it also won't that year to) this new chart is only the second time this has happened.

I checked monthly after s launch as well (not x) and it was blue right till the holidays and went straight red.

cid85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it tells volumes Sony has stated PR but none of it indicated they won bf in the u.s. but we did get something for the UK.

The map I posted a page or two a go from Google that stayed the same from Nov.21-25 was still the same as of yesterday.

I think it's safe to say Xbox won handily.

You do realise last year Sony announced something similar about having a really good black friday and didn't mention anything about winning Nov NPD, which they did come on top.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

So Pork Loin is not that popular xD

Anyway that shows Ps4 winning and Switch on last place like many predicted, I still don't think we should go by Google Trends although Google has the best algorithm on the whole universe.

Can anyone do this to Europe?

Dr.AfroJaguar

Nov 21, 2017
Lmao, completely different than what the other guy shows. I get similar results. PS4 has more hits.

Because you aren't typing in PS4 and Xbox, you're typing PS4 and Xbox one, the latter is a search term less used than Xbox.

You need Xbox, PS4, switch for a full comparison as it takes everything.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty accurate all the way to even 2014, the last time Xbox took the map (it also won't that year to) this new chart is only the second time this has happened.

I checked monthly after s launch as well (not x) and it was blue right till the holidays and went straight red.

From 2014-2016 what days were you measuring? Who came out on top relative to npd?

If it was correct all three years it's certainly something that shouldn't be discounted. Especially now, as online shopping becomes more prevalent.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
So Pork Loin is not that popular xD

Anyway that shows Ps4 winning and Switch on last place like many predicted, I still don't think we should go by Google Trends although Google has the best algorithm on the whole universe.

Can anyone do this to Europe?

Yeah people were googling PS4 trying to see where it wasn't sold out lol. Also doesn't take into account Switch's other November weeks. It's not really indicative of who won the month. All that says is PS4 was the most sought after console during BF week - Switch was the least sought after. All info we knew that doesn't get us any closer to the truth.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made a pork loin last week. Beautiful, nice little KC BBQ style. Was amazing. Can't recommend pork loin enough.

In other news, no idea if BF google trends will correlate to reality yet, but what if I told you google trends was more predictive of game sales than review scores are now?

Finally, where's slavesnyder. This thread needs some satirical relief, stat. Some of y'all losin your minds.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
PORK LOIN is INFERIOR to FILET MIGNON

FILET MIGNON has better taste, better texture, and MUCH BETTER online play

PORK LOIN doesn't even have any exclusives

FILET MIGNON has portability because it is smaller

HERE IS A PICTURE COMPARING THE SIZES OF PORK LOIN AND FILET MIGNON

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Well! That was fun. Remember that old place where junior bans were permanent?

Related queries: How long do you smoke a pork loin?

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
Since that guy got banned did my own digging with trends.

Correlation doesn't add up. In years past it was incorrect.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
PORK LOIN is INFERIOR to FILET MIGNON

FILET MIGNON has better taste, better texture, and MUCH BETTER online play

PORK LOIN doesn't even have any exclusives

FILET MIGNON has portability because it is smaller

HERE IS A PICTURE COMPARING THE SIZES OF PORK LOIN AND FILET MIGNON
What we DO know, is Pork Loin was trending. Hardly the case for Filet Mignon. Come at me.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
PORK LOIN is only trending because it was heavily bundled with MAYONNAISE.

MAYONNAISE is ruining COOKING.

EA, Epicures Anywhere, is the number one producer of MAYONNAISE.

EA is ruining cooking with the way they are pushing PORK LOIN on EVERYONE.

DO NOT BUY PORK LOIN. BUY FILET MIGNON you P-BOTS

The price of PORK LOIN was heavily reduced on Black Friday.

Everyone knows that ALL food items sell well on Black Friday. Hence why BRUSSELS SPROUTS: SPORT was also a TOP SELLING ITEM. But no one told Bethesda. :(

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mayonnaise is oil and egg whites.

Oil is three letters

Egg is three letters

White is 5 letters.

3+3+5 = 11

1+1 = 2

According to Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock, it takes 2 to make things right, and it takes 2 to make it out of sight.

Gamers win November.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Dreamcast surprises everyone and comes out on top.

Sega reenters console market revealing that their 15 year plan to dominate the market as well as eliminate everyone else has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. Hajime Satomi rubbed his hands together and laughed like a maniac with his cat in his lap during the press conference. He says this is only the start, and vows to destroy America, as well as start selling premium pork loin.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
PORK LOIN is only trending because it was heavily bundled with MAYONNAISE.

MAYONNAISE is ruining COOKING.

EA, Epicures Anywhere, is the number one producer of MAYONNAISE.

EA is ruining cooking with the way they are pushing PORK LOIN on EVERYONE.

DO NOT BUY PORK LOIN. BUY FILET MIGNON you P-BOTS

The price of PORK LOIN was heavily reduced on Black Friday.

Everyone knows that ALL food items sell well on Black Friday. Hence why BRUSSELS SPROUTS: SPORT was also a TOP SELLING ITEM. But no one told Bethesda. :(
Kev did you know if you buy the add on sous vide you can get pork loin rare. With that it has a better texture and flavor then a filet. So team p-loin all the way.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mayonnaise is oil and egg whites.

Oil is three letters

Egg is three letters

White is 5 letters.

3+3+5 = 11

1+1 = 2

According to Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock, it takes 2 to make things right, and it takes 2 to make it out of sight.

Gamers win November.

Notice the first letter of each line is MOEW, this is an anagram for MEOW.
Coincidentally the letters are in black, hmmm...
Keep this in mind.

The next clue here is the number 11, this is translates to November.
Using simple algebra we can split the first equation So
3+3 = 6 and 5 = 11
We can throw out 5 = 11 since that has no solution.

3+3 = 6
(2+1)+3 = 6
2+(1+3) = 6
2+4 = 6
2+4 = 2+4
24 = 24

24 is the day BF took place.

Next is the 1+1 = 2

This one took me awhile to decipher. But look closely. 1+1, look familiar?

Yes because this is

One+One = 2
Xbox One + Xbox One X = 2nd

So both xboxes came in second.

Lastly, this line is very vague but it may be a reference to switch and ps4 selling out.

"it takes 2 to make things right, and it takes 2 to make it out of sight."

What two consoles went out of sight? That's correct PS4 slim and Switch. They were out of stock on BF at most online sites.

But remember that ominous tweet earlier where Mat tweeted about selling out does not equal selling most? We can't jump to
conclusions just yet. We need to go deeper.

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/935560628156096512

Now to go back to the cat.

Watch this carefully, it was posted in the November NPD prediction thread.

https://www.facebook.com/inmynewsfeed/videos/1388047984539110/

Notice how the the cat is Black. What else is black? Black Friday. The cat is a metaphor of Nintendo Switch curb stomping PS4 slim on Black Friday. And what was clue #1? That's right. MEOW.
So if we switch the clue #1 with Nintendo switch we get Nintendo switch #1. Which means PS4 slim was #3.

So putting it all together. The position for Black Friday and November over all are as follows.
1. Switch
2. Xbox one
3. PS4

Glad my PHd in cryptography came in handy.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
My data shows different.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 7-d,now 7-d,now 7-d,now 7-d&geo=US,US,US,US&q=Sony PlayStation 4,Microsoft Xbox One,/m/0130pygf,Pork Loin

Nah, Switch is hard to use for google trends. If you add in Nintendo, it's weird cause most people just call it the Switch, but light switches are Switches. And there's a bdsm term switch.
That's because it's literally called "Nintendo Switch", it's not called the "Sony Playstation 4". Or atleast no one calls it that.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
That's because it's literally called "Nintendo Switch", it's not called the "Sony Playstation 4". Or atleast no one calls it that.

I posted that to be facetious. Going by trends, PS4 would have won NPD every month for the past 4 months. It's interesting, and, as far as software (not hardware) goes it is most likely accurate.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We need an NPD Narrator, they can read all these narratives to us.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Kindly get this topic back-on-track please.

In regards to the discussion based on secondary data analytics; If you want to use supporting data like Google Trend analytics to assess and do analysis on your arguments/views; please do the research and have broader context and consideration of how the data works. And please engage in good faith.

Eg. analytics on data that has many variations of how a product is called (PS4, Playstation 4, Xbox, Xbox One, XB1, Switch, Nintendo Switch) is fundamentally highly flawed without taking all the measures into account.

Which is why analytics on how high "Spider-Man" is tracking from a "what level of excitement or interest" is it showing at a video game perspective is difficult because Spidey is a multimedia brand and the name spreads into movies and comic book metrics too.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neither necessarily contradict each other? By most accounts, Switch supply was plentiful and it certainly wasn't selling out.

Yep. Data is objective...the presentation of it? Not so much

What you choose to highlight or focus on...what you choose to ignore or dismiss...what story you are trying to get across with bits of data...

Narrative.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I missed this exchange this morning but I wish we could avoid low brow stuff like this. For at least six months from the launch of the Switch, because of the shortages, the general message on the old forums and other places on the internet was "How could Nintendo not meet demand? How foolish of them!" and finally now in the U.S. stock is beginning to ramp up, and people are quick to use the fact that they are seeing units in stores as a sign of the system not doing well all of a sudden, despite it being the busiest period of the year.

This. Was formulating a response to that back and forth...but this is a good response to that tweet's anectdotal evidence/slant as well as the reaponse to it.

[edit: posted these two before I read Nightengale's mod post...i apologize if this is the type of discussion that is veering off topic from a predictions/sales thread!]

Dr.AfroJaguar

Nov 21, 2017
Kindly get this topic back-on-track please.

In regards to the discussion based on secondary data analytics; If you want to use supporting data like Google Trend analytics to assess and do analysis on your arguments/views; please do the research and have broader context and consideration of how the data works. And please engage in good faith.

Eg. analytics on data that has many variations of how a product is called (PS4, Playstation 4, Xbox, Xbox One, XB1, Switch, Nintendo Switch) is fundamentally highly flawed without taking all the measures into account.

Which is why analytics on how high "Spider-Man" is tracking from a "what level of excitement or interest" is it showing at a video game perspective is difficult because Spidey is a multimedia brand and the name spreads into movies and comic book metrics too.

Are you the mod that temp banned me ignoring the constructive conversation I was having with one individual exploring possible accracy of Google trends by looking at older data and camparing with previous results to see if it's a source to consider? Which was in good faith? But the reason for the temp ban was bad faith, which was complete nomsense? Or was it another guy?

I mean I feel that whoever it was just saw the map and other guys not me derailing the thread and decided to just throw me under a bus without even a warning, and didn't even see the mentioned conversation. I feel there's a misunderstanding here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I mean I feel that whoever it was just saw the map and other guys not me derailing the thread and decided to just throw me under a bus without even a warning, and didn't even see the mentioned conversation. I feel there's a misunderstanding here.

It wasn't me, but moderation is a shared responsibility so if someone among us might have missed out on it and had not responded in the best way possible, I apologise.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll go back to on topic here:
cyber-monday-top-sellers-by-retailer@2x-1024x805.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.