• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I'll go back to on topic here:
cyber-monday-top-sellers-by-retailer@2x-1024x805.jpg

Hmmm. If Switch made the most money from Target, wouldn't that suggest the Switch might not have necessarily sold more units than PS4, but due to the higher cost, made more money? Forgive me if the wording is off. Trying to make sense of the chart. The PS4 leading on Walmart would suggest a higher unit sale overall.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft hasn't spoken on them winning bf often. Only a couple times across several years if I recall.

Usually they do what don't does as preemptive dc. They didn't this time, this time Sony did.

Also that Google chart a page or two back doesn't even have the switch on the map.
They have commented on every BF period until (and including) last year, but particularly in 2014 when they won that one.

As per Google trends, I think you are wrong, simply for the fact that just using Xbox will include the 360 (and the social media hubbub around the "free" Xbox 360) as well as mentions of Xbox Live tied to Win 10.

The correct comparison imo would be

Playstation 4 / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch

Not that I put much faith in these kind of "trend juggling" though.

Last edited:

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. If Switch made the most money from Target, wouldn't that suggest the Switch might not have necessarily sold more units than PS4, but due to the higher cost, made more money? Forgive me if the wording is off. Trying to make sense of the chart. The PS4 leading on Walmart would suggest a higher unit sale overall.
Possible, sure.
Just keep in mind this is Online sales only and also just a snapshot of a potentially screwed demographic of shoppers using those Infoscout rebate apps.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Are you the mod that temp banned me ignoring the constructive conversation I was having with one individual exploring possible accracy of Google trends by looking at older data and camparing with previous results to see if it's a source to consider? Which was in good faith? But the reason for the temp ban was bad faith, which was complete nomsense? Or was it another guy?

I mean I feel that whoever it was just saw the map and other guys not me derailing the thread and decided to just throw me under a bus without even a warning, and didn't even see the mentioned conversation. I feel there's a misunderstanding here.

Someone asked you for a citacion and you answered with "Look it up"

You kept arguing about it instead of just giving the citacion.

In general you appear as innecessary confrontational, imo.

My 2c as a bystander

Dr.AfroJaguar

Banned for having multiple alt accounts
Nov 21, 2017
Someone asked you for a citacion and you answered with "Look it up"

You kept arguing about it instead of just giving the citacion.

In general you appear as innecessary confrontational, imo.

My 2c as a bystander

Citation for what I linked where he maps came from with actual links.

Anyway back on topic.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Citation for what I linked where he maps came from with actual links.

Anyway back on topic.

You said "Sony mentioned winning in the us. And UK last year."

Then someone asked for a citacion. Of that statement, not of the charts(?)

Then you answered with "Look it up"

Then you continued to argue the point that you didn't need to give proof of that citation

Then you got banned

Then you claim to not know why. I answered and you deflect my point...

. .are you being disingenuous on purpose?

Dr.AfroJaguar

Nov 21, 2017
You said "Sony mentioned winning in the us. And UK last year."

Then someone asked for a citacion. Of that statement, not of the charts(?)

Then you answered with "Look it up"

Then you continued to argue the point that you didn't need to give proof of that citation

Then you got banned

Then you claim to not know why. I answered and you deflect my point...

. .are you being disingenuous on purpose?

I was banned because the mot just saw a thread derail and assumed it was me, not for posting links to sources.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Let's stick to the thread topic now, the previous mod already talked about getting back on topic.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I was banned because the mot just saw a thread derail and assumed it was me, not for posting links to sources.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Let's stick to the thread topic now, the previous mod already talked about getting back on topic.

You were banned for not arguing in good faith, not for derailing the thread. It says right there on your ban.

What does "not arguing in good faith" mean, you'll ask?

For example, when making a claim ("Sony mentioned winning in the us. And UK last year", for example), and asked for a citation, providing it, instead of answering "Look it up".

Is not that hard

Dr.AfroJaguar

Nov 21, 2017
You were banned for not arguing in good faith, not for derailing the thread. It says right there on your ban.

What does "not arguing in good faith" mean, you'll ask?

For example, when making a claim ("Sony mentioned winning in the us. And UK last year", for example), and asked for a citation, providing it, instead of answering "Look it up".

Is not that hard

I see you won't listen to the previous mod on the other page.

I'll just say that the ban message I got directly was different from the one you saw in your red box and clearly specified it was the maps. It almost feels like you're covering for something.

Anyway, again nightengale already said to get back on topic. So let's try that.

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ok folks, let's move on from discussing bans in this thread.

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the Infoscout info was from in-store sales using paper receipts. The Adobe data was based on online sales only.

Thanksgiving and Black Friday, yes.
Cyber Monday, no.
That's why they added Amazon. That's why Walmart and Best Buy is called ".com"

The data is still collected the same way. You get a receipt while shopping online, too.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to search this thread, but it's hard to find the numbers. Do we have any estimated numbers on PS4, XBO and Switch Sales?

The closest thing we got was Benji in the prediction thread saying 'A million for Xbox and PS4. Switch is debatable', so you can guess around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.