• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wii,360,PS3,DS,PSP.

l cant take you serious if your example for Switch owners not buying 3rdParty games is a legacy Fifa edition.
Yeah sure - Nintendo should move hell and earth to get people to buy a Legacy Fifa edition instead exclusives developed for the system.

You are trying way too hard - there are much more PS4/XBO out there than there are Switches on the market - yet customers should buy worse Switch versions of Fifa and NBA 2K on that plattform ?

You are just another example that no matter how well a system i doing people will look for reasons to be disappointed with the performance. EA more or less spitting in customers faces with Fifa 20 on Switch, yet you expect it to outsell the biggest Nintendo series ?

"Well, this is discouraging,"

Yeah, im sure all 3rdParty devs/studios gonna cancel their Switch games now because Fifa 20 didnt sell as much as it did on the other system - where EA actually promoted the game and its new features.

Guess the L doesnt stand only for Luigi.
lol
Switch 3rd party sales isn't very well, it's just ok. Several combinations for that. General Nintendo audience and how they've been conditioned, Nintendo's first party production, and Nintendo's unwillingness to reduce price on their software. That all equates to far less money that can be spent for 3rd parties.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The ps4 is the 3rd fastest selling console after 6 years beating the 360. Damn that's a great comeback. Hopefully $199 all Christmas and a permanent cut to $199 before the summer.

It's feeling the desperately needed a permanent price cut 12 months ago effect. If it was $199 it would be selling like hot cakes.
199 price point would be bad for Sony's bottoms line and not optimal for the perceived value of an upcoming PS5. It made sense for them to keep the price on a modest level outside of Black Friday and other promotions.

All things considered the system is still selling rather well for a 6yo machine. MS has price promotion for the Xbox all the time and still can rarely sell as much as the PS4 in their strongest market.
Switch 3rd party sales isn't very well, it's just ok. Several combinations for that. General Nintendo audience and how they've been conditioned, Nintendo's first party production, and Nintendo's unwillingness to reduce price on their software. That all equates to far less money that can be spent for 3rd parties.
lol

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay... now I'm having a hard time taking you seriously, too.

First, the only European charts that we have that are individual sku's are from France and Spain... and of those the Fifa Switch version is only charting in Spain.

FIFA 10 Switch charted in UK, and, probably, in Germany, as well, Europe's biggest markets and Switch is strong on both. Don't make up facts to prove your point.

Second, you're complaining that Switch owners don't buy 3rd party games based off their position in the console specific chart. You do realize that those charts are not equal? That a game can chart lower on one system and still sell more overall. Chart position is ultimately meaningless without an anchor point.

The bold is very interesting. Are you suggesting NBA 2K20 for Switch is outselling PS4 and XBO and Switch exclusives are that high to the point of hiding this? Lol.

Anyway, it's well known that third-parties don't sell as well on Nintendo as they do on Sony and Microsoft, thus there's people buying Switch only to play Nintendo games. Why are you trying to deny the obvious?

Third, when the Switch chart is dominated by exclusives and those exclusives also dominate the multiplatform Top 20... there's no chance in hell of the Switch's multiplatform game charting when you have to combine those games sales with the other platforms to sell on par with the Switch's exclusives. The anchor point we do have suggests games have to sell more to enter the Switch's Top 10 than they do on the other systems... especially when compared to the XB1.

I guess you should look the charts more carefully. There's only 6 Switch exclusives on the top 20. At the same time, there's 5 multiplatform titles avaliable for Switch on the list (NBA, FIFA, Overwatch, Minecraft and MK11). Overwatch is the only one charting on Switch. Not even Witcher 3, which charted on Switch's list, is on the multiplatform list. 2 of the last Nintendo exclusives aren't even charting on the top 20, which makes your claims dubious. Your point is faulty. I want to hear your explanation about their absence in the Switch top 10 because, according to you, even outside the top 10, they're selling very well to deduce it's has a significant impact on the top 20 charts.

If you wanted to discuss why the Switch version of those games didn't sell more than they did... Fine!!! (Not that we even know the platform breakdown to really have a productive discussion.) But let's look at userbase size first... maybe marketing and game features next... throw in some fanboy wars third... and save the decades old conspiracy theories for last. Especially in a month when two late ports just charted.

Userbase isn't an issue for indie games on Switch, as they usually outsell both PS4 and XBO. This isn't a valid argument. Switch userbase is actually very active. They do buy third-party games, no doubt about, but there's some reluctancy toward some segments, especially big AAA titles.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Overwatch performance on Switch seems strong. Witcher 3, on the other hand, I'm not so convinced by. Its position right below BOTW is the same one that Skyrim occupied in November 2017. However, sales in November 2017 for BOTW would have been quite a bit higher, so that doesn't mean it did similarly. We'll have wait and see if we hear anything official, since this makes it difficult for me to interpret as either strong or weak.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Kingdom hearts 3 charting in the best of year is great, do we know how much it sold worldwide?

Regarding wwe 2k20, how are they going to fix this mess of a game when and it sells regardless of quality.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First party software drives Nintendo hardware.

Third party software drives Sony/Microsoft hardware.

It's been this way for many years. And it's not a problem. And third parties continue to release software on Switch, so they're obviously finding a market with that audience.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
Dude, are you following PAL charts? It's the strongest market in world for soccer games and FIFA Switch is charting high there on most countries. Even being a Legacy version, it's still there. Your both attempts to downplay - for being an inferior version and there's more userbase on PS4/XBO - don't work here. If we follow your logic then the european would have said no to FIFA 20 Legacy by default. NBA 2K20 not charting on Switch while it's one the top selling titles this year is something definitively to consider.

I'm basing myself on what Zhuge and Aquamarine said, there's definitively a weakness for third-party releases on Nintendo in contrast to it's competitors. Besides, chill out dude, don't need to be so defensive.

This part I wholeheartedly agree.

This is what I was pointing out. Some Nintendo owners still have this negative perception over third-parties titles and refuses to buy them on it. Even if Nintendo decides to airplay it on Direct, you can see, even here on ERA, some people complaining about "there's too many third-party stuff" in the Directs. This is the result of how badly Nintendo handled third-party support and how disappointed it's userbase got with them in the later generations. Of course, it's unfair to only blame Nintendo for this situation, as, as you said, third-parties didn't helped it, either.

Anyway, it was worse before, it's getting better now. This will be a slow process for Nintendo to get back the third-party support they once had.

It's probably easier to sell multiplatform games on your plateform when the 1st party offering is weak.
Sony had made a very good first party offering this endgen (but they have a much larger install base park), but Microsoft has been pretty poor on first party offering.

Also 3rd party still Continue to sabotage their games on Nintendo plateforms. There is an improvement on this, but we still often see late releases, missings content, lacking marcketing...

I think it's 3rd party's job to cultivate their fanbase on Nintendo's plateforms. I mean, they can't ignore the public for years and expect now to sell gangbusters on Nintendo's plateforms without much effort.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
There's, like, negative nostalgia for the series in the US. It was always a strange choice for a revival, even as a low budget one.
It did chart in the EU tho and at least local shops here still have steady sales. Who knows what the expectations for it were, it was prolly pretty low budg and indeed bombed hard in the US.

I don't know if it was particularly strange choise tho considering old Sony IP are pretty slim pickings that would ensure major success worldwide. I'd love something like Ape Escape to come back but who the hell knows how it would do.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
...Switch is the top selling platform in the US for months and NBA 2K is among the biggest NA mainstream IPs. Your logic is goofy, if that was the case then NBA 2K20 would automatically chart on Switch while it isn't. Besides, I made clear it isn't selling as well as the PS4, but, unlike NBA 2K20 in NA, FIFA 20 Legacy is charting in Europe. You're failing to notice the difference between both situations.
We also have to remember that Fifa is way bigger in Europe than NBA is in the US. It's not even close and as such it's not comparable.

In 2018, Fifa 19 sold 1.3m copies in France (1m for RDRII and 0.6m for CoD BO4), 530k in Spain (PS4 only)(340k for RDRII and 199k for CoD BO4), 1.9m in the UK (1.8m for RDRII and 1.2m for CoD BO4) and 1.3m in Germany (1.1m for RDRII and 500k for CoD BO4).
In those 4 markets combined, Fifa sold 5m copies in 2018. RDRII sold 4.2m and CoD BO4 sold 2.5m.
In the US, NBA was third behind CoD BO4 and RDRII.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
What??? This is the case for most multiplatform games and it doesnt stop Switch owners from buying them as you you stated. Offering that as an excuse makes no sense.

Thats nonsense.

Almost all multiplatform third party games are exactly the same on Switch, besides some graphical changes, sometimes they even have additions like gyro controls.

Fifa is one of the few exceptions, as its a horrible gimped version.

It did chart in the EU tho and at least local shops here still have steady sales. Who knows what the expectations for it were, it was prolly pretty low budg and indeed bombed hard in the US.

I don't know if it was particularly strange choise tho considering old Sony IP are pretty slim pickings that would ensure major success worldwide. I'd love something like Ape Escape to come back but who the hell knows how it would do.
I feel like that there would be a stronger appetite for Ape Escape all around, but I don't think that Sony has really fostered the greatest environment for a series like that to take off like it did back in the day. Sony has been strangely neglectful of their classic IPs on the whole this gen, and that's only going to amplify going into the next gen, especially after how poorly the PS1 Classic did.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
...ok, where's FIFA 20 and NBA 2K20 on Switch charts, then? They're day and date stuff and both are charting high on PS4 and XBO ranks while absent on Switch. In Europe, for example, FIFA charts high on Switch on most countries, despite being a Legacy version. NBA 2K20 already outsold everything avaliable for Switch this year and yet the Switch version is nowhere to be seen in the charts. Well, this is discouraging, IMO. Another example is MK11. Sure, it was the top selling Switch game in the first month but fell off really quick shortly after while the PS4/XBO still charted high. They're still selling well enough for these companies to keep considering later installments of the series but it's undeniable there's a considerable margin of owners only buying Nintendo games and are reluctant to play anything else on it. This needs to be changed.

I agree with you about the non-Nintendo owners, but in the other hand, I don't agree when you say there's no problem with third-party releases. Zhuge and Aquamarine (she's gone now) have acknowledged there's a weakness on Nintendo platforms for third-party titles in comparison to it's competitors. Some Nintendo fans still have the conception from GCN/Wii days that third-party titles are gimped, lazy and uninspired ports and this ghost still haunts them. I don't blame them though, Nintendo's marketing for third-party releases were almost non-existent until recently. Of course, this has changed a lot lately, Switch owners are far more willing to buy third-party stuff than previous Nintendo consoles, but there's more room for change if Nintendo wants to become a strong ecosystem for third-parties.

In all fairness name 5 feature complete AAA multiplat games that released day and date on switch at the same price that weren't considered broken or poorly made in some way...

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
Overwatch outperformed The Witcher, which seems like a pretty big surprise -- especially since Nintendo seemed to want to sidestep promoting the game at all.

I saw more news about Overwatch than the Witcher III on my Switch.
Overwatch was the beginning of the last nintendo direct. There is no boycott here.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Overwatch performance on Switch seems strong. Witcher 3, on the other hand, I'm not so convinced by. Its position right below BOTW is the same one that Skyrim occupied in November 2017. However, sales in November 2017 for BOTW would have been quite a bit higher, so that doesn't mean it did similarly. We'll have wait and see if we hear anything official, since this makes it difficult for me to interpret as either strong or weak.

Digital would be more significant now than in 2019 I would think. Witcher performance isn't great but I also think it will have legs as it gets price promotions

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably easier to sell multiplatform games on your plateform when the 1st party offering is weak.
Sony had made a very good first party offering this endgen (but they have a much larger install base park), but Microsoft has been pretty poor on first party offering.

Also 3rd party still Continue to sabotage their games on Nintendo plateforms. There is an improvement on this, but we still often see late releases, missings content, lacking marcketing...

I think it's 3rd party's job to cultivate their fanbase on Nintendo's plateforms. I mean, they can't ignore the public for years and expect now to sell gangbusters on Nintendo's plateforms without much effort.

Everything you said is true, but still, I doesn't help when "Nintendo systems are only for Nintendo games" concept prevails among many Switch users. Everyone has a share of blame. Some third-parties seems to believe this, as well, hence why their skepticism and cynicism to properly support Nintendo platforms. This stigma is as toxic as the "kiddy" bias from the 90's/early 2000's and hurts Nintendo system's ecosystems stability. No secret why Nintendo detractors constantly hit this button. It's important for Nintendo to change this with their market, both for Nintendo and non-Nintendo owners.

We also have to remember that Fifa is way bigger in Europe than NBA is in the US. It's not even close and as such it's not comparable.

In 2018, Fifa 19 sold 1.3m copies in France (1m for RDRII and 0.6m for CoD BO4), 530k in Spain (PS4 only)(340k for RDRII and 199k for CoD BO4), 1.9m in the UK (1.8m for RDRII and 1.2m for CoD BO4) and 1.3m in Germany (1.1m for RDRII and 500k for CoD BO4).
In those 4 markets combined, Fifa sold 5m copies in 2018. RDRII sold 4.2m and CoD BO4 sold 2.5m.
In the US, NBA was third behind CoD BO4 and RDRII.

...it doesn't change the fact NBA 2K is one of the biggest mainstream IPs in the US, only behind two of the top selling title from this generation, not to mention it's market is bigger than Europe's. If I remember correctly, NBA 2K never charted on Switch's top 10, before. Considering it's mainstream appeal, it's absence isn't something to ignore and some people here try to damage control it with dubious claims.

In all fairness name 5 feature complete AAA multiplat games that released day and date on switch at the same price that weren't considered broken or poorly made in some way...

There's very few day and date AAA multiplat games for Switch, but most of them are exactly the same on Switch without any major modifications except graphical changes. Starlink is the best example I can remember. It features exclusive stuff and performs well for the hardware is on, selling well enough in the end. Despite MK11 Switch's tech issues, it still managed to top Switch's charts in it's first month, it lost steam later, unfortunately.

Almost all multiplatform third party games are exactly the same on Switch, besides some graphical changes, sometimes they even have additions like gyro controls.

Fifa is one of the few exceptions, as its a horrible gimped version.

Yep. Although FIFA is a gimped version, it's still selling. It's a clear message to EA there's demand for the game there if they put some serious effort on it (like support it with Frostbite). It's also the only truly example of gimped version, everything else is fine. It doesn't enforce the "third-parties ports for Nintendo platform are shit" excuse.

JJConrad

Nov 3, 2017
Nintendo as a publisher does not share digital sales. If digital sales from the Xbox/PS4 versions were ever included, then The SWitcher may include digital sales.
NPD lists the publishers the track digitally. It includes most major publishers, but also excludes most minor publishers, like 505 or CD Projekt.

FIFA 10 Switch charted in UK, and, probably, in Germany, as well, Europe's biggest markets and Switch is strong on both. Don't make up facts to prove your point.

The bold is very interesting. Are you suggesting NBA 2K20 for Switch is outselling PS4 and XBO and Switch exclusives are that high to the point of hiding this? Lol.

Anyway, it's well known that third-parties don't sell as well on Nintendo as they do on Sony and Microsoft, thus there's people buying Switch only to play Nintendo games. Why are you trying to deny the obvious?

I guess you should look the charts more carefully. There's only 6 Switch exclusives on the top 20. At the same time, there's 5 multiplatform titles avaliable for Switch on the list (NBA, FIFA, Overwatch, Minecraft and MK11). Overwatch is the only one charting on Switch. Not even Witcher 3, which charted on Switch's list, is on the multiplatform list. 2 of the last Nintendo exclusives aren't even charting on the top 20, which makes your claims dubious. Your point is faulty. I want to hear your explanation about their absence in the Switch top 10 because, according to you, even outside the top 10, they're selling very well to deduce it's has a significant impact on the top 20 charts.

Userbase isn't an issue for indie games on Switch, as they usually outsell both PS4 and XBO. This isn't a valid argument. Switch userbase is actually very active. They do buy third-party games, no doubt about, but there's some reluctancy toward some segments, especially big AAA titles.
Are you 12? Even by Era-standards, your response is clownishly immature. You're ignoring my points and targeting only strawmen and superficial details... all while being inconsistent at the same time. I'm surprised you didn't go after my typos.

-You tell me not to make up facts, just after saying Fifa Switch charted "probably" in Germany. You couldn't even go one sentence with contradicting yourself? Good job.

- I never suggested that NBA 2K was selling more on Switch. Since you seem to deny my premise...So are you suggesting that Madden, Ghost Recon and Borderlands are selling better on XB1 than on the PS4? They are charting higher.

-Does my point really change if there are 6 exclusives instead of 7? You may have also noticed that BotW was the Switch's 7th best selling title, so the detail still stands. And 2 old ports did chart in the Switch the Top 10, which is the chart you were crying about third party games not charting in.

- Do "people buying Switch only play Nintendo games" or do "they do buy third-party games..."? Try to be a tiny bit consistent here. People are trying to point the multifaceted reason why things sell the way the do, but you are hellbent on clinging to that old stereotype. Even when you have to contradict yourself over it, you won't let it go.

There are many reason why games sell the way they do. Userbase is one of the biggest issues... Especially when a game is expected to sell massive numbers up front. The Switch's userbase is a little more than half of either the PS4's or XB1's in the US. It's userbase is bigger than either system in Japan. Which is we it tends to dominate there. It's also bigger than the XB1 in Europe (with the exception of UK). Which is why we routinely see its games beating it the XB1 versions there, too. We can expect Switch games to continue to make up more and more of the market as it grows.

Userbase isn't an issue for indie games, because sales are generally limited/niche. If an indie game sells 100k combined, it's a massive success. While a version of an AAA game selling 1 million will have people question why they bothered. Indie game sales are reported on globally at the indie team's convenience or the game's milestones and not up front.

There are other factors that effect sales. Fanbases need to be nurtured and games need to be marketed, and all three franchises you're using to defend your position have major issues in those catagories on the Switch. Others have already mentioned many of them, so I won't go on... But this idea that Nintendo gamers don't buy third party games isn't true, was never true, and needs to die.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
199 price point would be bad for Sony's bottoms line and not optimal for the perceived value of an upcoming PS5. It made sense for them to keep the price on a modest level outside of Black Friday and other promotions.

All things considered the system is still selling rather well for a 6yo machine. MS has price promotion for the Xbox all the time and still can rarely sell as much as the PS4 in their strongest market.

lol
Nah the people who buy your console for $199 or less are a completely separate market to those who buy new consoles at full price.

The ps4 is unlike any past playstation. A late buyer into the ecosystem will be far more profitable then a late buyer of the PS1, 2 and 3. PS plus subs, digital game purchases, other services and MTX.

MASSIVE potential to gain new players in growing markets like India, China, South East Asia, Eastern Europe and South America. Not to mention all those who'll buy it in the west. To me $199 permanently and holiday 2020 and 2021 deals for sub $199 are essential.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, especially with the Switch, third parties can only get out what they put in.

I'm sure you can find specific, individual underperformers but in generals Switch games are selling well relative to what they are.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you 12? Even by Era-standards, your response is clownishly immature. You're ignoring my points and targeting only strawmen and superficial details... all while being inconsistent at the same time. I'm surprised you didn't go after my typos.

Lol what? michaeljordanlaugh.gif

-You tell me not to make up facts, just after saying Fifa Switch charted "probably" in Germany. You couldn't even go one sentence with contradicting yourself? Good job.

Lol, what's the contradiction? FIFA 20 Legacy did charted in Europe. It's there in the charts. While NBA 2K didn't in US. How's that hard to understand. You're trying to find a lame ass excuse and intellectual dishonesty to downplay it and prove your bias. Your overraction is funny, lol.

- I never suggested that NBA 2K was selling more on Switch. Since you seem to deny my premise...So are you suggesting that Madden, Ghost Recon and Borderlands are selling better on XB1 than on the PS4? They are charting higher.

Well, what are you trying to prove then? It's well known third-party don't sell as well the other platforms but you seems to suggest otherwise when you claim they're off chart eclipsed by Nintendo titles. It's interesting because there's two missing Switch exclusives out of the chart and there's no info to support Switch versions are a big share of the sales in the top 20.

-Does my point really change if there are 6 exclusives instead of 7? You may have also noticed that BotW was the Switch's 7th best selling title, so the detail still stands. And 2 old ports did chart in the Switch the Top 10, which is the chart you were crying about third party games not charting in.

Yes, it does. You clearly said Nintendo exclusives dominate the charts eclipsing everything else in return. If that was the case then the two Switch old ports would have easily charted in the top 20, and they don't. The only third-party game that seems to have sold well enough to influence the top 20 numbers is Overwatch. Everything else not so much, but you try to say otherwise. Don't try to backtrack on what you said, the data in the charts contradicts your allegation.

- Do "people buying Switch only play Nintendo games" or do "they do buy third-party games..."? Try to be a tiny bit consistent here. People are trying to point the multifaceted reason why things sell the way the do, but you are hellbent on clinging to that old stereotype. Even when you have to contradict yourself over it, you won't let it go.

Both of them. There is a share only buying Nintendo titles, as Nintendo games have a big software tie ratio in contrast to third-parties. In the other hand, despite this situation, third-parties still sell decently, but anywhere close to PS4/XBO level. I never said every single Nintendo owner don't buy third-party games, but you seem to look for an excuse to deny there's a share who only play Nintendo games and nothing else. Even on Era, there's plenty of people openly admiting this.

I'm being consistent, you're just interpreting things according to your own personal bias.

There are many reason why games sell the way they do. Userbase is one of the biggest issues... Especially when a game is expected to sell massive numbers up front. The Switch's userbase is a little more than half of either the PS4's or XB1's in the US. It's userbase is bigger than either system in Japan. Which is we it tends to dominate there. It's also bigger than the XB1 in Europe (with the exception of UK). Which is why we routinely see its games beating it the XB1 versions there, too. We can expect Switch games to continue to make up more and more of the market as it grows.

Userbase isn't an issue for indie games, because sales are generally limited/niche. If an indie game sells 100k combined, it's a massive success. While a version of an AAA game selling 1 million will have people question why they bothered. Indie game sales are reported on globally at the indie team's convenience or the game's milestones and not up front.

Good part, but still, it can be questionated.

I'm not saying every single Switch owner don't buy third-party games, this is poor interpretation, but a considerable amount of it's userbase really don't. This is a problem that needs to change. Some big AAA titles, like FIFA and NBA, seems to be affected by Nintendo's userbase lack of confidence in big third-part titles. Proportionally, even with a smaller userbase, those games don't sell as well as they do on PS4/XBO. Bigger or smaller userbase isn't the issue for this matter. The reasons are multiple, from Nintendo itself, it's audience incredulity and third-parties lack of effort. We can only hope this changes in a long run.

But this idea that Nintendo gamers don't buy third party games isn't true, was never true, and needs to die.

Which proves you misundertood my point because I never meant that and your unneeded and silly overraction is juvenile and typical of someone who can't have a serious conversation. Grow up.

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The sales of NBA 2K and Fifa simply tell me Switch owners arent that interested in sports titles. Take Two being happy with 2K sales and continuing the fully featured games to me highlights the main principle third parties will follow in general. If the port is relatively easy, they have no issue doing it. The port makes them money amd they expand their presence on Nintendo systems. Feels like a win win to me.

In regards to Switch owners buying less third party games, personally I have reduced my spending on third party projects because I am uninterested in late over priced ports as a whole. 2 years ago I would be all over some of these games. Now? If third parties cant come with good original properly priced products I just dont care.

Yes, it does. You clearly said Nintendo exclusives dominate the charts eclipsing everything else in return. If that was the case then the two Switch old ports would have easily charted in the top 20, and they don't. The only third-party game that seems to have sold well enough to influence the top 20 numbers is Overwatch. Everything else not so much, but you try to say otherwise. Don't try to backtrack on what you said, the data in the charts contradicts your allegation.

Why is the top 20 the end all be all?

Take Two has said they are happy with their Switch sales. Activision has launched tons of Switch games. THQ is continuing their ports. Capcom as well. Square Enix has games in the pipe line. If the sales weren't good, they would just stop supporting the system. There largely are not products on the Switch good enough to make the top 20 coming from third parties. That's about all this is.

JJConrad

Nov 3, 2017
Lol, what's the contradiction? FIFA 20 Legacy did charted in Europe. It's there in the charts. While NBA 2K didn't in US. How's that hard to understand. You're trying to find a lame ass excuse and intellectual dishonesty to downplay it and prove your bias. Your overraction is funny, lol.
You accused me of making facts up and then claim there are were "probably" German charts, like you don't know. That's hypocrisy.

Please show us these UK and German individual charts. The German charts have gone completely silent since September and we haven't seen the individual charts since the UK source changed sites. We've had some stray numbers, but no charts. You would be a hero to the sales community if you could find them for us.
Well, what are you trying to prove then? It's well known third-party don't sell as well the other platforms but you seems to suggest otherwise when you claim they're off chart eclipsed by Nintendo titles. It's interesting because there's two missing Switch exclusives out of the chart and there's no info to support Switch versions are a big share of the sales in the top 20.

If anyone can interpret these sections to me I'd be extremely grateful. There seems to be some weird obsession with the Top 20 that I'm not fully understanding. Otherwise, we're definitely talking passed each other.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Congrats, Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion 3.

It's crazy that Gears 5 dropped completely off the top 20 for October.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You accused me of making facts up and then claim there are were "probably" German charts, like you don't know. That's hypocrisy.

Please show us these UK and German individual charts. The German charts have gone completely silent since September and we haven't seen the individual charts since the UK source changed sites. We've had some stray numbers, but no charts. You would be a hero to the sales community if you could find them for us.

I said PROBABLY exactly because I don't know the german numbers. That was a guess of mine. You try to dishonesty use this as breach to paint me as saying that as a certain, which isn't the case. I was wrong about the UK individual numbers though, that was a mistake of mine and I have to backtrack on that.

Anyway, my OG post on the subject was about FIFA 20 charting on european countries. My point still holds on. France and Spain individuals are there and FIFA 20 Legacy charted on both (pretty high to be exact). Despite being a gimped version, it didn't scared away the market as some try to suggest here. It doesn't move my goal post.

In the other hand, I'll throw the ball back to you as you can't prove FIFA 20 Legacy underperformed in both UK and Germany either, as your line of logic seems to suggest. If you have evidence to support FIFA 20 Legacy was a bust in those countries and France and Spain numbers are outliers, you got me. IMO, I highly doubt this is the case, especially in UK, because previous FIFA installments had strong legs and Switch is pretty popular around there.

Spain and France numbers indicate a contrast of proportional sales between NA and EU, where NBA 2K, a huge mainstream IP in NA, struggles to even chart on Switch top 10 while in EU, FIFA, the biggest IP around there, is charting high on the overall list.

Of course, Spain and France alone aren't 100% indicative of the EU market as a whole but it's something to worth a look.

Last edited:

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
it's nice to see that nintendo constantly tries out all kinds of strange stuff. they could easily have decided to end this accessory hubub after labo because these projects are just a far too big risk and investment. but here we go with a squeeze-ring and that seems to work out. i hope they'll bring it to game pass soon.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Obsidian must be drowning in money.

TOW didn't looked high budget, (it's not even open world actually) but daamn those sales and epic exclusivity. I am happy for a developer finally getting their lime light.