• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is an embarrassment. Another insider run out, over what? Saying a console ALSO sold well?

Starting to remind me of the old place here.

Anyways, OT: Grats to Spider-Man, was expected for me (yeah I know I predicted GoW to outsell it :P)

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Insane how well Spiderman is doing to be honest. Such a strong launch, and just as strong legs. It's insane, and I'm curious to see what sales will be like later this year. Spiderman has really become a monster IP thanks to Marvel learning how to manage their IPs.

I really hope Avengers can capture that spotlight as well.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
So, Dragon Quest XI set the record for Dragon Quest releases and sold more than twice the amount of the previous series record holder (revenue). Not too shabby.

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Labo causing so much schadenfreude is just plain weird in a sales thread. I think some people hated it from the start and just couldn't handle people genuinely believing in it and they've been partying ever since it became clear it would bomb. I mean the whole reason Mat belived in the project and was excited about it (I assume) was because of how disruptive and out of left field it was. When you follow sales data for so long that kind of project should at the very least interest you for its potential, instead it's being used as the butt of a joke. Makes you wonder what we're doing here really.
I think this is exactly it, it's an exciting and creative idea the type of which should be encouraged. It doesn't harm anyone.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
So, Dragon Quest XI set the record for Dragon Quest releases and sold more than twice the amount of the previous series record holder. Not too shabby.

I'm amazed considering it was basically sent to die in such a busy period.

Here's hoping they get rid of Sugiyama and go with a simultaneous worldwide release next time.

JESU CHRISTO, Spider-Man already being number 3 for the year is mind-boggling. I always knew it'd be big, but that's beyond anyone's expectations.

I wonder what the sales for DQXI were. With it doing respectable numbers on Steam, it makes me think it's probably a lot closer to the PS4 version than some may have expected, as I can't imagine their combined might would have been too big if Super Mario Party was able to outsell it with just two days of sales.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Matt. What I can say is that over on Xbox side we would appreciate your input good, bad or indifferent. So stop by the only thread we are allowed please, the Xbox studios thread.

giphy.gif

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So, Dragon Quest XI set the record for Dragon Quest releases and sold more than twice the amount of the previous series record holder. Not too shabby.

This makes me so happy. Hope it hits a million+ real soon and Square is satisfied with it unless they're expecting 7 million or something cause they pulled that some nonsense with that Tomb Raider, even though it sold well.

Zetran

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is an embarrassment. Another insider run out, over what? Saying a console ALSO sold well?

Anyways, OT: Grats to Spider-Man, was expected for me (yeah I know I predicted GoW to outsell it :P)
Well another insider have to apologize for stating a fact that one console is down this month so.....

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Well this thread is a wash. Painful to read.

Can't wait until the RDR2 NPD. That should be good. :)

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I remember being told there wasn't a demand for AAA Spider-Man game all because Activision ran the license into the ground.

Clearly Marvel, Sony, and Insomniac thought otherwise.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

As of late, I have been trying really hard to stay away from almost every Xbox thread because of what always happens, with the exception of the Forza Horizon 4 OT and the Xbox Studios one. I quoted your post though because I not only agree 100% with your post but hopefully others will read it and perhaps some of the shit posters will finally see that they are damaging this place. You last comment about it becoming like the other place is 100% spot on as well. Sadly.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if #11 is good or not for Dragon Quest XI. Does it include steam's number?

But good results all around.

Deleted member 30005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hi Matt. What I can say is that over on Xbox side we would appreciate your input good, bad or indifferent. So stop by the only thread we are allowed please, the Xbox studios thread.

What are you implying with this unusual talk?

Mat is taking a leave of absence because some people can't grasp that his Labo prediciton was just that - a prediction. Nobody is infallible.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
People are talking about just the month of September. Unit wise Xbox was down form Sep 2017.

I'm pretty sure we all know that Xbox has been up this year compared to 2017.

Xbox is down in September and Xbox overall is only increase in comparison to last year (2017 which is the worst xbox one performance ever) if I'm not mistaken.

Again, context.

Next gen will be interesting for both Sony and MS tho.