• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018

Red Dead Redemption 2 selling more than Skyrim is really hard to understand, could they possibly have made a mistake?
Just like for Nintendo, NPD doesn't have access to Bethesda digital sales
List of publishers that disclose digital sales to NPD:
EMfPqk0U4AANGSh.jpg:large

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Not counting digital sales for some titles, and the entirety of the PC market makes this list useless. Minecraft would be much higher and I'm sure the top 20 list would have PUBG, Overwatch, CS:GO, and Diablo III on it.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, the top 10 is dominated by Activision and Rockstar. Do we have numbers?

The 11-20 list is interesting too. Surprised MK8 and BotW are that high up. I figured there were other non-CoD or GTA games that sold better than them. Is this ony consoles?

1. Guitar Hero III Legends Of Rock
  2. Wii Fit
  3. Rock Band
  4. Wii Play W/ Remote
  5. Guitar Hero World Tour
  6. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  7. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  8. Mario Kart Wii
  9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  10. Call Of Duty: World At War
  11. Guitar Hero 2
  12. Rock Band 2
  13. Madden NFL 07
  14. Halo 3
  15. Madden NFL 08
  16. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  17. Madden NFL 09
  18. Halo 2
  19. Grand Theft Auto IV
  20. Madden NFL 06

Guitar Hero 3? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Numbers on that? I know it sold well, but the no. 1 selling game of the decade?

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So we have two (Nintendo) exclusives in the top 20 while the rest is third party. No wonder COD bundles and exclusive marketing are a thing.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
The reaffirms my opinion that America mainstream videogamers have no taste.

Like Europeans with their FIFA games, or Japanese with their gacha games, or Chinese with their FTP MMOs are any better. The fact is multiplayer games with big marketing budgets, and social features dominate gaming. Always have once online multiplayer became the norm with the release of the Xbox 360.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Like Europeans with their FIFA games, or Japanese with their gacha games, or Chinese with their FTP MMOs are any better. The fact is multiplayer games with big marketing budgets, and social features dominate gaming. Always have once online multiplayer became the norm with the release of the Xbox 360.
The difference is those games that are played in other countries are actually good.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Me before opening this thread: "probably COD COD COD COD"

*opens thread*

Yup lol... crazy how much Wii Fit sold back then.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
If we didn't have Rockstar it would be 9 CODs and 1 Minecraft lol

All the plastic instrument games from last decade were replaced by... COD