• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

PS4
  1. MKX
  2. MK11
  3. Injustice 2
  4. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  5. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Switch
  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  2. Pokken DX
  3. ARMS
  4. MK11
  5. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

XBOX ONE
  1. MKX
  2. Injustice 2
  3. MK11
  4. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  5. Dragon Ball Xenoverse

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Weird to see FighterZ over Xenoverse 2. I thought that one sold a ton. Maybe it was the DLC.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I know the multi-plats are big movers, but I'm a little surprised Killer Instinct isn't anywhere on the Xbox list, since this appears to be all-time, and not just this year.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't know the pokken port outsold ARMs, I mean the brand is Pokémon so kinda expected yet they've never really said anything about it's performance....

So what I'm trying to say is where's pokken 2?!

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
No Tekken? Man that deserves to be up there. Amazing game.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing surprising here.
NRS then Dragonball.
MK11 will end this generation as best selling fighter outside of smash

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Arms and Pokken higher than MK11. Didn't see that coming.

A combined list of those top 5s would be nice. Top would be smash followed by MK X Ps4.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely enjoyed ARMS, I'm not a traditional fighter person so it was different enough for me.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it were top 10 (as I had asked!) but this is nice to have.

Would have been good to see where the likes of Tekken, Soulcalibur, SFV, BBTag etc. are.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Tl;dr : people love Netherrealm games and DBZ games.
Also Nintendo.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I like NetherRealm's games well enough and still surprised to see them take all top 3 slots on ps4 and xbox.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Glad to see FighterZ over XenoVerse.

Sad, but expected, to see NRS' trash dominate the tops.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Pokken makes sense to me. I mean Pokemon is massive and can sell to at least kids not interested in fighting games that I've met. I also know there is a small but very serious Pokken scene in some areas. Maybe, Arms has the same though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I actually didn't know the pokken port outsold ARMs, I mean the brand is Pokémon so kinda expected yet they've never really said anything about it's performance....

So what I'm trying to say is where's pokken 2?!

Both arms and pokken (and smash but that will not change anything) are WITHOUT DIGITAL SALES so maybe arms beat poken when you include that?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Killer Instinct was never as popular as the internet would have you believe.

I know this is in the context of a list that doesn't even register games like Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 etc, I'm just surprised because physical copies were out there starting with (I think) Season 2, and the Definitive Edition had wide-ish distribution and digital sale pricing. Basically, I thought the backlog might have nudged it in, but obviously not.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ARMS sold surprisingly well. I'd still like to see another entry to the game, or at least some kind of expanded concept.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
It's a shame (and a string of errors) that Street Fighter is not up there.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Geez, I'm actually surprised that Pokken beat ARMS. I mean, I know it's pokemon, but I feel like ptdx was sent out rather quietly while ARMS had a huge marketing push from Nintendo.

I hope Nintendo/GameFreak/Bamco realize this is due to Chandelure being in Pokken.

#MoreChandelure

Oct 27, 2017
MKX did really well, but MK11 seems on track to surpass it. Cool to see Injustice 2 right below that. NRS makes the most complete fighting game packages outside of Nintendo with Smash, so it's nice to see that rewarded.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Wow what a failure for street fighter v. Not even top 5. Seems their strategy this gen has put consumers off. Hope street fighter 6 has a better launch. Thats really disappointing.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly curious why people are surprised about SFV when we know Tekken 7 has outsold it in total global numbers and Tekken is also nowhere to be seen, on any platform.